Xbox (Series X | S) launch games

Falconeer is confirmed Smart Delivery also.. says so in several places on the website and on the Special Edition purchase page..

https://www.thefalconeer.com/

https://www.wiredproductions.com/collections/pre-order-now/products/the-falconeer

Destiny 2: Beyond Light (Game Pass) - (Smart Delivery confirmed for Destiny 2, not sure if that means Beyond Light?)

Beyond Light for Destiny 2 is just the latest expansion.. There will be some 'free' upgrades to the base game to support the new update and then the additional paid content is unlocked for those who have bought it or have Gamepass - so it'll all be Smart Delivery as it's all one amorphous blob.. :D

6 minutes ago, Freeman said:

The Medium (Game Pass) (Smart Delivery - NO!)
Scorn (Smart Delivery - NO!)

I think the reason there's no smart delivery is that these games are Series only - no other versions available.

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

I think the reason there's no smart delivery is that these games are Series only - no other versions available.

I thought that might be the case, but also thought saying No was enough as you then can't accidentally buy a more expensive version as it doesn't exist.

Dirt and Yakuza so far seem to be the main culprits, though it could just be those are the 2 that interest me the most!

15 hours ago, Jg15 said:

Apparently there is a Ray Traced version coming to next gen consoles early next year as well.

Halo Infinite wasn't going to have RT if it was a launch game. No RT or significant improvements for Cyberpunk at launch, either. This stuff doesn't exactly help me justify my preorder.

Sitting there day one with "RT support coming" for a load of games is really quite disappointing.

28 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Gears Tactics (Game Pass) (Smart Delivery - NO!)

I thought all MS published games were confirmed as smart delivery. There is no way you aren't getting a free Upgrade for Gears Tactics when one comes along.

Plus it says here that it is smart delivery

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/18/gears-tactics-coming-to-xbox-consoles-november-10-with-launch-of-xbox-series-xs/#:~:text=Gears Tactics%2C the fast-paced,second on Xbox Series X.

51 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I thought smart delivery was supposed to facilitate smaller download sizes for series S games due to its lower memory requirements and smaller SSD?

2 minutes ago, grungekid said:

I thought smart delivery was supposed to facilitate smaller download sizes for series S games due to its lower memory requirements and smaller SSD?

We had that before smart delivery on the One S and X though. So unrelated.

25 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Is Bright Memory digital only? I know Infinite is out next year but I do like the look of the prologue.

Not sure - i don't think its that's long, Infinite is the 'full game' now.

6 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Halo Infinite wasn't going to have RT if it was a launch game. No RT or significant improvements for Cyberpunk at launch, either. This stuff doesn't exactly help me justify my preorder.

Sitting there day one with "RT support coming" for a load of games is really quite disappointing.

Yep, a combo of Covid and Xbox Dev kits going out late in the day perhaps? I'm still getting one either way (because I am weak).