Riders Republic

djbhammer

7 minutes ago, milko said:

I got invited onto the beta. Seems I can share the wealth to 5 people if anyone wants in, you need to friend 'milko9000' on the ubisoft thing. It only runs from 23-25th August though.

Got an invite too.  The email inviting me has 6 mentions of the fact it is "under strict NDA".  It mentions it so often it feels like a parody 😂

to answer my own question, it seems happy to let me switch platform to xbox or playstation (previous and current gens) so I'm sure it's open to you all as well. I'll invite all requests til I'm out.

@Don Rosco it says you're already in. @Parappa hit me up a friend request.

27 minutes ago, milko said:

to answer my own question, it seems happy to let me switch platform to xbox or playstation (previous and current gens) so I'm sure it's open to you all as well. I'll invite all requests til I'm out.

@Don Rosco it says you're already in. @Parappa hit me up a friend request.

I’ll take one please milko,  also popped a DM.  Have invited to add as friend via Ubisoft Connect , you will see it from ‘djbmidge’. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, milko said:

haha it reckons you're already registered too @djbhammer! I notice the homepage is still saying people can sign up, maybe they've got more invites than they have people.

Ok that’s odd, don’t recall registering for it, perhaps they have added certain users automatically. I’ll keep an eye on my emails then. 

On 20/08/2021 at 15:34, milko said:

I got invited onto the beta. Seems I can share the wealth to 5 people if anyone wants in, you need to friend 'milko9000' on the ubisoft thing. It only runs from 23-25th August though.

** ALL SORTED**

@milkoor @SixkillerCan I grab a code please? 
I can trade it for a beta Rocksmith code if that interests you? I’m on Xbox. 
I’ll add you now. Ta. 

I've still got 4 because literally everyone apart from ScoobySi who asked me had in fact already got registered by the time I checked (or indeed earlier), it appears an easy one to join!

Just had an hour in my lunchbreak on Series X and really enjoyed it.  Yes, it has the usual Ubisoft cut scenes but you can skip thankfully.  I was expecting to find the controls difficult to start with but found the bikes, skiing, ski board, jet pack etc really accessible.  Graphically looks decent enough but not shouting 'next gen'.  There is a nice exploration option which can be even undertaken on a ski bike which I though was kinda cool.  I enjoyed Steep so will be looking forward to the full release.

14 minutes ago, milko said:

I've still got 4 because literally everyone apart from ScoobySi who asked me had in fact already got registered by the time I checked (or indeed earlier), it appears an easy one to join!

Does this mean I’m in? Just on PC? I’ve not had an email and can’t see anything in my Ubi account.

Is this good? I can’t tell.

The bikes feel decent enough, the characters immediately hateable, the graphics do the job but (not that I should have expected otherwise) not as good as the previous reveal trailers showed off. Playing on PS5.

32 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

I mean - it's OK.

But not exactly what I was expecting. Was thinking it was literally jump into a game and race 100 other players.

Seems more like a steep/pilot wings kinda game.

It's 50 players on PS5 /SX and 20 on previous gen I think for full release.

2 hours ago, milko said:

@scoobysi go to https://register.ubisoft.com/riders-republic-beta/en-GB and find out, I guess? All I can see is that you're 'already invited' while everybody else who asked me was 'already registered', like in my screen grab. Shouldn't matter what format, as far as I can tell, but you do have to pick one.

Cheers I’m in on PS5. Do they email out a code or something to download?

6 hours ago, milko said:

I’ve added you! D1875 I think!  Hope that’s okay, thanks :) 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Oops, it seems that’s sent me a PC invite, I’m on Xbox 😬 Anyone on Xbox with spaces? 😇

I’m on Xbox, just added you as a Ubisoft friend. Accept that and I’ll work out how to invite you tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

I’m on Xbox, just added you as a Ubisoft friend. Accept that and I’ll work out how to invite you tomorrow. 

Thanks! :) 

You should be able to change platform though - I can, anyway.

My new problem is that it doesn't seem to be registering the triggers on my gamepad, in-game, so I can't for example accelerate properly. But if I go to map controls it works correctly? Meh.