IGNORED

Immortals Fenyx Rising - Burp of the Wild

HarryBizzle

40 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I'm currently jonesing cos I can't play this. My internet has conked out and you need an always on connection for ubisoft plus games. Can't even preload Cyberpunk ffs.

Can you not pair your phone, not as if it will be using much data (not to preload Cyberpunk obviously)

Imagine you get home and find some dude banging your girlfriend. Shocked and emotionally frozen you just silently walk out the bedroom door and sit on the sofa and put the TV on

Even though they’ve seen you, they carry on going. 15 minutes later the guy walks into the lounge, grabs the remote control and puts the football match he wanted to watch on.

Without looking at you, he just says “get me a beer from the fridge would you mate? One from the back, yeah. Those ones are colder”. Then he turns the volume up loud and cheers his team on.

Well, Fenyx Rising is even more shameless than that guy in how much it rips off BotW.

That’s not to say it’s bad, I’m enjoying it.

I had to take a break from this for a few days as I was putting in ridiculous long sessions so worried about overdoing it and burning through the game too quickly. That said I must have been a good twenty hours in and was only really just nudging into the second main area, after the first big boss battle of the main plot line,  and still with loads left to go back to in the second area so it looks like there is a lot of game to go.

56 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Imagine you get home and find some dude banging your girlfriend. Shocked and emotionally frozen you just silently walk out the bedroom door and sit on the sofa and put the TV on

Even though they’ve seen you, they carry on going. 15 minutes later the guy walks into the lounge, grabs the remote control and puts the football match he wanted to watch on.

Without looking at you, he just says “get me a beer from the fridge would you mate? One from the back, yeah. Those ones are colder”. Then he turns the volume up loud and cheers his team on.

Well, Fenyx Rising is even more shameless than that guy in how much it rips off BotW.

Isn’t it more like - You’re having sex with Fenix Rising, and it’s pulling all its best moves, throwing you round like a ragdoll and banging you against the headboard as hard as it can, and it’s fine, but if you’re really honest with yourself, you’re mostly just going through the motions while thinking about your ex. 

58 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Isn’t it more like - You’re having sex with Fenix Rising, and it’s pulling all its best moves, throwing you round like a ragdoll and banging you against the headboard as hard as it can, and it’s fine, but if you’re really honest with yourself, you’re mostly just going through the motions while thinking about your ex. 

Any further advances on this?

16 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

That's a good shout actually but my pc has a wired connection so I'm going to have to search the drawer of all things for a Bluetooth adapter.

No way to tether the phone via usb?  Your charging cable plugged into any usb port should do the job then.

Just as an aside, I got a US code for this (Gold Edition with Season Pass) and although you can play it on your primary UK account, the season pass and various DLC is tied to the US account you redeem it on. Fortunately it's a single player game that doesn't need Playstation Plus for the multi or anything, but Ubisoft's kinda dicking us around in regard to the Utopia that is region free gaming.

Oh, and I had to make an Ubisoft account to play. These annoyances aside, the game's actually pretty great - much better than the checklist snoozefests that are Assassin's Creed games these days. 

My advice for new players (just an upgrade suggestion, but just in case]

Spoiler

Bag Hephaisto's Hammer and the next two upgrades, stat. Otherwise it just takes forever to make a dent in the enemies with lengthy life bars —and can become repetitive.

Also the climb jump and glide boost are cheap as chips.

Took down the first fallen Hero last night. Felt pretty good having been wrecked by him too early on, then going back and taking him down.

19 hours ago, Strafe said:

Cuck of the Wild :lol: 

I quite like the look of this, TBH. If the demo wasn't exclusive to Stadia I probably would have downloaded it for the PS4, quite liked it and bought the game already. Probably wait until it's cheap just out of spiiiiiite!

1 hour ago, schmojo said:

My advice for new players (just an upgrade suggestion, but just in case]

Reveal hidden contents

Bag Hephaisto's Hammer and the next two upgrades, stat. Otherwise it just takes forever to make a dent in the enemies with lengthy life bars —and can become repetitive.

Also the climb jump and glide boost are cheap as chips.

Took down the first fallen Hero last night. Felt pretty good having been wrecked by him too early on, then going back and taking him down.

Where is that please??? (The one hidden)

2 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Just read that post and literally my next quest is go fight the hydra. 

Well, here we go I guess.

I think I’ll have to (if I can be bothered) grind up a bit to defeat it. There’s nothing rewarding about the fight at all and having you face off simultaneous attacks coming from opposite directions (and more) is really, really irritating. 

5 hours ago, Strafe said:

The Hydra boss is so cheap. Lock on issues, blindsided attacks, camera clipping through the wall at one point. Abysmal design.

Weird. I dont want to sound like a dick, but, I'm 50 years old, arthritic and wiped the floor with it. :D

That said, it does let you progress quite quickly and I did turtle as much as possible before I got there.

45 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Weird. I dont want to sound like a dick, but, I'm 50 years old, arthritic and wiped the floor with it. :D

That said, it does let you progress quite quickly and I did turtle as much as possible before I got there.

I could just be approaching it wrong or not levelled up enough. I’ve completed Sekiro and just finished Demon Souls so I HAVE SKILLS I TELL YOU!!!

28 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I thought it was a Street Fighter term for fucking and blocking in a corner?

Excuse you!

(it's specifically applicable to both RTS and fighting games, with similar connotations - it just means a particular means of playing defensively. In an RTS that means sitting inside your base and building up; in fighting games it means blocking [which, in most such games involves a lot of fducking] and counter-attacking when your opponent over-extends themselves. In both cases, the imagery is that of 'hiding in your shell')

1 minute ago, Wiper said:

Excuse you!

(it's specifically applicable to both RTS and fighting games, with similar connotations - it just means a particular means of playing defensively. In an RTS that means sitting inside your base and building up; in fighting games it means blocking [which, in most such games involves a lot of fducking] and counter-attacking when your opponent over-extends themselves. In both cases, the imagery is that of 'hiding in your shell')

Actually I was referring to fucking and blocking in a corner! :D