Immortals Fenyx Rising - Burp of the Wild

Well, broken PS5 haptics aside this is proving to be rather delightful.

It looks nice with its chunky aesthetic and the pastels work too. There's some lovely dusk lighting going on as well.

Combat on the shoulder buttons means it plays a little like God of War '18.

It's funny too! I've chortled out loud a few times thanks in no small part to the narration by Prometheus and the interjections of Zeus. Both of which can sound a bit Mel Brooks at times.

Pleasantly surprised by this. Glad I didn't stay away because of the Ubi badge.

PS5 version patched late yesterday to 1.03. Haptics are now working but, if I'm honest, it's massively underwhelming so I'm wondering if it's fully fixed?

The bow in Astro felt really cool to fire but in this it just feels a bit weedy and "regular rumble". The trigger doesn't do much resisting.

Still loving it though.

Wait... 

Went to play it after the update the other day, and it's only giving me the option for a new game? 

My save is uploaded to the cloud, and was on my HD too. 

It's even giving me stats on ubi connect. 

Eh??????

Don't tell me I'm about to lose almost four hours of play...

On 09/12/2020 at 18:34, BubbleFish said:

Weird. I dont want to sound like a dick, but, I'm 50 years old, arthritic and wiped the floor with it. :D

That said, it does let you progress quite quickly and I did turtle as much as possible before I got there.

Yeah, as long as you've got the skill to drag yourself up to the hydra heads, it's a piece of piss.

Although I headed to the Athena area after the Ares area, so maybe I was just appropriately tooled up.

How are you guys and girls getting on with this?  

It's on my radar as a festive treat for me and my sons after binging heavily on BOTW for most of 2018/19.  We'd be playing on Xbox (Series X & S) if that has any bearing on feedback.

Still loving it! Reached 30 hours or so and decided to forge ahead with the main story and then come back and clean up the side quests and puzzles afterwards. 

My eldest loved BotW and loves this too. Runs like a dream on the SX and looks consistently very pretty with amazing draw-distance.

15 minutes ago, MattKB said:

I went to fight 

Hide contents

Achilles

As soon as it was available and impossible to do anywhere near enough damage. I haven’t been upgrading my weapons as I figured I may find better ones, but I’m assuming I should have?

Your upgrades work across all current and future weapons that you pick up. It's not very clear and easy to miss.

So yes, upgrade your weapons! :D

2 hours ago, MattKB said:

I went to fight 

Reveal hidden contents

Achilles

As soon as it was available and impossible to do anywhere near enough damage. I haven’t been upgrading my weapons as I figured I may find better ones, but I’m assuming I should have?

Did you try

Spoiler

Hitting his heel? 

Hephaisto's hammer with both L2 upgrades, as well as upgrading your sword and axe.

When you do a perfect dodge from one of his attacks, your stamina will top up, and you can keep wailing on him with the big Hammer. You also get stamina from sword combos, so keep them coming.

11 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

This is £23.49 on PC in the Epic Sale with reusable £10 coupon.

Definitely worth the cost of entry 

What is one of those and how does one get one? Because I'd definitely go for this under £25, seeing as CP2077 is feeling more and more like a "I'll finish it and come back when it's fixed and there's DLC" kind of vibe

1 minute ago, spanx said:

What is one of those and how does one get one? Because I'd definitely go for this under £25, seeing as CP2077 is feeling more and more like a "I'll finish it and come back when it's fixed and there's DLC" kind of vibe

I got one after I claimed City Skylines which is free today, but you might just have to log in.