Ted Lasso - Apple TV show with Jason Sudeikis

dfq23

If that is the weak one then who cares? Roy Fucking Kent was brilliant from start to finish.

Also 

Spoiler

Ted did not like that “bullshit humility” line from the doctor.

Neither myself nor my wife have any interest in football but thanks to the free 6 months of Apple TV we watched the first two episodes of this and loved it. Just wish season 2 was finished so we could binge it properly. 

I'm not quite feeling this yet, having loved the first - it's lacking any real tension as everybody is getting on nicely with each other.

Maybe that's the point and its the reason behind the club's slump in form and lack of wins but whereas the first series had heart this just feels a bit wet & soft in comparison.

It's not bad, but it's a bit meh after a couple for me.

I think that the weekly release format hurts it that way.  A lot of people - myself included - came late and were able to binge episodes at a time.  It's not good to have to wait for the next half hour.

Maybe, I got to binge the first so can't rule it out.

It doesn't feel like that though to me, from the off you were rooting for Ted first time out in the face of everybody being against him. this time round its a cosy love in all round and doesn't feel like its really got going yet. 

Might be Covid shooting schedules but feels a bit disjointed and more a series of skits with the characters.

Something my OH mentioned after finishing the 2nd ep last night is that this has that Guardians of The Galaxy 2 feeling that the makers have clearly read what people on the internet liked about the first one and have doubled down on it.

On 31/07/2021 at 13:01, Gotters said:

I'm not quite feeling this yet, having loved the first - it's lacking any real tension as everybody is getting on nicely with each other.

I presume the psychologist is going to tell Ted that everyone is getting on too well and that's why they're not winning, and the story of the series is that there's got to be more friction to succeed.

13 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I presume the psychologist is going to tell Ted that everyone is getting on too well and that's why they're not winning, and the story of the series is that there's got to be more friction to succeed.

would seem that way, with Roy bought back in as an anger or aggression coach because they can't have him on the sidelines doing a skit each week swearing at girls or on tv or with his yoga ladies.

S1 kicked into gear in episode 4, so I'm not too fussed.

The return of You Know Who will shake things up a bit.  And then you have Roy being a pundit and having to comment on it, which can also cause friction with Keeley.

I think there was a clip of Ted yelling and screaming at the team at well in one of the trailers.   With Beard responding to "How long was I out?" with something like "15 minutes. But no-one died this time."

I wasn't too interested in this until my daughter was an extra in one of the episodes for season 2 so I was going to track that episode down but it sounds like it's very good.

Think I'll start from the beginning.