Ted Lasso - Apple TV show with Jason Sudeikis

dfq23

It was a wonderful episode, as they all are. But why the fuck was it on in mid August? It would have made my Christmas if I'd been able to watch it on December 25th. Coronavirus maybe, somehow delaying everything by 8 months? Doesn't seem likely...

On the other hand, if it had been, it'd have meant a further 4 months with no Ted Lasso, so overall I guess I'm glad.

It also didn’t really mention any of the ongoing story threads, so there’s no reason they couldn’t have held that episode back for Christmas? Weird. 

Lovely episode though. No idea why the critics were a bit snotty about S2, just as good as the first for me. 

It seems that there was a late decision to increase the series from 10 to 12 episodes so that was done as a complete standalone.

I suppose the idea of a Christmas special is counter to an always available streaming service.

Felt really really weird watching that in August.

I did laugh at the dentist storyline but the rest of the episode had me pulling a face like Roy smelling his nieces breath it was so saccharine & mawkish, an American Hallmark cards idea of what christmas is that has never actually existed other than in film or tv producers minds.

Mrs P cracked a tooth yesterday and is currently hurting from a trip to the dentist to get it fixed.  She just said "I need to watch something to cheer me up... can we put last weeks Ted Lasso on again?"

Also:

On 15/08/2021 at 14:45, Stanley said:

If that was first aired on Christmas Day it would be the best thing on! Great episode, felt wasted mid summer though. 

Totally agree, loved the episode but it got released way too early. Felt a bit out of place in August, but I guess it was for the continuity of the football season. 

Mythic Quest has some stand alone episodes that were released at the perfect time, they should have done the same thing here as a Christmas treat. 

That was the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen on tv, feel like I should do a blood sugar test after watching that.

Definitely agree that it would’ve been so good if it was shown on Christmas Day.

Roy Kent continues to amaze!

Another great episode with surprisingly little Ted in it. Also a few hints at storylines to come…

Spoiler

Nate feeling put out that Roy is now a coach

Rebecca texting a mystery man and then it immediately cuts to Ted texting and smiling…but that’s probably a red herring.

9 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Another great episode with surprisingly little Ted in it. Also a few hints at storylines to come…

Reveal hidden contents

Nate feeling put out that Roy is now a coach

Rebecca texting a mystery man and then it immediately cuts to Ted texting and smiling…but that’s probably a red herring.

Spoiler

Yeah, that has to be a red herring. You'd have to imagine that Ted would have such a distinctly... Ted way with words that it'd be obviously him.

It may be because I've had a shitty day, and had a couple of glasses of wine prior to watching, but gosh darn if the romcom tribute episode wasn't the most perfect TV I've seen.

Not just the obvious quotes but

Spoiler

'I was expecting Wario or my Aunt Natalie'

or the whole exchange leading up to '... I dated Gina Gershon once' 

had me laughing like a drain

I am finding this rather cloying now, especially as it heads further into Richard Curtis territory. If it wasn't for the foul language it could be on BBC One at Sunday tea-time. Still, I shall proceed, I'll just need to watch a few episodes of Sunny to get some stank back on my soul. 

Loved the first series but the second has been disappointing so far. Without any of the friction of the first series it really lacks something. The Christmas episode probably would have gone down well after a big meal and a few glasses of brandy, but watching it in August it all felt a bit toe-curlingly embarrassing.

I hate Football with a passion but this is just lovely.

Warm and comfortable. Genuinely pleasant. Just had Nate's speech before Everton. :wub:

Edit - Holy Moly That Darts scene!