Monster Hunter: Rise & MH Stories 2. Switch bound. March 2021. Featuring doggo.

HarMGM

7 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Ah, that's a good point, I do tend to ignore the smaller creatures unless they actively get in my way. I think I just need to spend an evening doing some Expeditions and seeing what I can find.

I just tend to have a wander at the start of a hunt, or when chasing a monster from one zone to another. I found a huge ziggurat yesterday in the Flooded Forest that I'd previously just thought was background detail.

46 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I found a huge ziggurat yesterday in the Flooded Forest that I'd previously just thought was background detail.

Believe it or not, you can get inside it! Well, sort of. In fact, I believe you actually have to in order to get your 3rd submarine.

Practically nothing in this game is filler. Everything has a purpose.

And "done" with the storyline in the hub and last urgent 7* done. Last fight was easy (rather than one move) and move of spectacle then encounter. Better to Iceborne, worse that Sifa

And then the game just "ends". It's odd to complain about a game that's given XX hours enjoyment to say it feels incomplete, but this doesn't seem to have an endgame (beyond set up gear for upcoming DLC continuation).

Gems being craftable is a nice step and makes them targetable, RNG in Talismans seems insance. That variety in power/ability available is bonkers (I got a rank 7, 2xQuick Sheath, 2*Exhaus, 2 slot gem and 1 slot gem that nothing else is coming close to) but it seems much easier to "spam" than previousl meldings.

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

And "done" with the storyline in the hub and last urgent 7* done. Last fight was easy (rather than one move) and move of spectacle then encounter. Better to Iceborne, worse that Sifa

And then the game just "ends". It's odd to complain about a game that's given XX hours enjoyment to say it feels incomplete, but this doesn't seem to have an endgame (beyond set up gear for upcoming DLC continuation).

Well we have known for a while it doesn't have a proper ending, covid messed up development and they had to get it out on the announced date.

The next couple of updates should be sizeable and add the last part of the game.

Was running out of things to do so thought I would try Charge Blade again as not played it since I started.

Couple of hours later and I am rocking a bludgeon set with the Rajang Charge Blade and axe hopping all over the place, the weapons in this game a so much fun, def switch it around and try new ones out if you get bored.

I'm happy with what I've got for Long Sword and my first port of call for end-game fun, Light Bowgun (Pierce 2 RF is king, Sticky/Spread 3/Slicing with Spare Shot is lots of KO fun, but elemental gunning is a bit disappointing so far) so I've started putting together some Bow sets.

There are some ridiculous elemental pile-ons going on in that weapon tree, like the Ice Bow path with tons of ice damage and a rampage skill which makes it hit even harder for monsters weak to it. I happened to need some Zinogre bits after finishing that set and poor kitty got its claws clipped (for its Light Bowgun - maybe I just put together a crap set to test with, but Normal 2 RF gunning is a bit disappointing too, it was fun in base World's endgame).

The Aerial Aim silkbind skill is basically this:

Capcom-Arcade-Stadium_2021-02-23-15h46m29s190-1024x769.thumb.jpg.299779b57a119f5f4d293623240e3497.jpg

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

If there’s a more satisfying move than hitting a monster over the head with a giant hammer, I haven’t experienced it.

Smacking it in the face with a set of bagpipes comes close.

8 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Smacking it in the face with a set of bagpipes comes close.

Jumping in the air, spinning a big stick and smacking it all along its back, flinging yourself over it, flying back at it and hitting it with a spinning stick again loads, repeating that and then doing a big hit in its face is also fine. 

One thing that's surprised me is that the limiting factor for me in terms of upgrades etc is almost always money. I've got loads of stuff I want to forge and armour spheres I want to apply but I simply don't ever have the cash to do so. It took me ages to save up to buy the Armorcharm and Powercharm from the vendor.

I think it's probably because I'm doing all the Hub stuff in multiplayer, so basically I'm splitting the reward by 4 each time. Also I'm too paranoid to sell stuff unless I've got absolutely tons of it. But there must be an easier way to grind for cash than simply playing easy Village quests over and over? That's getting dull already.

27 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

One thing that's surprised me is that the limiting factor for me in terms of upgrades etc is almost always money. I've got loads of stuff I want to forge and armour spheres I want to apply but I simply don't ever have the cash to do so. It took me ages to save up to buy the Armorcharm and Powercharm from the vendor.

I think it's probably because I'm doing all the Hub stuff in multiplayer, so basically I'm splitting the reward by 4 each time. Also I'm too paranoid to sell stuff unless I've got absolutely tons of it. But there must be an easier way to grind for cash than simply playing easy Village quests over and over? That's getting dull already.

Do a small amount of easy mining outcrop farm and you will be set for ages.

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Just opened up HR6 :)

When do you unlock Earplug decorations? Screams are so annoying.

Looking at it on list looks like in the last unlock after you beat "final" boss after 7* quests.

It's a 3 slot though so good luck finding armor that it'll fit :D

17 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Looking at it on list looks like in the last unlock after you beat "final" boss after 7* quests.

It's a 3 slot though so good luck finding armor that it'll fit :D

Ah, thanks. That's a pain. I feel like all the really good decs are fenced off until the very end, by which time you no longer need them.

Am I right in thinking that the story (so far) is finished once you complete HR6? The later stuff is optional? I might put the game down once I finish this rank and come back once the next big update goes live.

Bah real hunters roll through monster roars rather than wasting a slot (as I was constantly told in MHW) ;). Worth noting though that depending on your weapon some Silkbind moves can parry monster roars as well e.g. Charge Blade Counter Peak Performance.

54 minutes ago, ChewMagma said:

Bah real hunters roll through monster roars rather than wasting a slot (as I was constantly told in MHW) ;). Worth noting though that depending on your weapon some Silkbind moves can parry monster roars as well e.g. Charge Blade Counter Peak Performance.

Do you roll just as it goes to roar, then?

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Whoa. That is certainly efficient. Thank you!

I don't think I've got HR Lava Caverns open yet but I'm just about to do the Urgent Quest to get to HR6 so hopefully it'll open up soon.

Just choose Village Quest > Expeditions.

I just followed him along to that video, and after the first lap i had memorised it. Sure there are more nodes out there, but that lap works really well with the 4 min cooldown.

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Haha don't ask me, I'm an aforementioned Charge Blade user so I use the very generous Counter Peak Performance Silkbind move to parry roars with its extraordinarily generous iframes instead (so generous in fact I can't believe it won't be nerfed).

It is definitely possible to roll through roars though but it takes practice.

8 hours ago, Jamie John said:

On the longsword counters you just make sure the roar hits during the blue flash/invince frames

31 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Like this

Rath probably has the easiest tell but you get used to them.

Nice one, cheers! I experimented a bit tonight and found that the HH's Silkbind + A can i-frame through it as well.

That's all the HR6 quests done. Mandatory rampage quests are an absolute pain in the arse in single player.

I'm not sure what to do now. I'll fight 

Spoiler

The big spider monster 

to unlock HR7, as I haven't fought that one before. After that, though, is there an 'end' to the game or just more battles against high level monsters, like Diabolos and so on? Do the quests just peter out?

For now I think it just peters out, much like the Village quests do, but there's more stuff being added in the patch at the end of this month. They've been pretty open about the fact that Covid essentially required them to ship the game without its ending.

55 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

That's all the HR6 quests done. Mandatory rampage quests are an absolute pain in the arse in single player.

I'm not sure what to do now. I'll fight 

Reveal hidden contents

The big spider monster 

to unlock HR7, as I haven't fought that one before. After that, though, is there an 'end' to the game or just more battles against high level monsters, like Diabolos and so on? Do the quests just peter out?

If you are not HR7 yet then you still have a load of keys to do and then the final boss.