Monster Hunter: Rise & MH Stories 2. Switch bound. March 2021. Featuring doggo.

HarMGM

Me and my two Good Boys:

20210418_005636.thumb.jpg.a2b160509013f8cd42b8dc58392ecc90.jpg

Right! That's, it. I'm done now. I know I keep saying it, but I'm out until the next update. I'm happy with my build - I've maxed out Affinity Boost, Critical Boost and Slugger with Defence Boost at +7 as well, and for the time being at least there aren't any new challenges to face, so I've taken the cart out the Switch and it's going on the shelf.

Great game, but I need to stop playing it now.

7 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Me and my two Good Boys:

20210418_005636.thumb.jpg.a2b160509013f8cd42b8dc58392ecc90.jpg

Right! That's, it. I'm done now. I know I keep saying it, but I'm out until the next update. I'm happy with my build - I've maxed out Affinity Boost, Critical Boost and Slugger with Defence Boost at +7 as well, and for the time being at least there aren't any new challenges to face, so I've taken the cart out the Switch and it's going on the shelf.

Great game, but I need to stop playing it now.

Are those dual blades? Do they work with slugger? And you’ll be back the desire to hunt is too strong.

1 minute ago, Melon_Bread said:

Are those dual blades? Do they work with slugger? And you’ll be back the desire to hunt is too strong.

No, they're the antennae on my bug armour. I've just realised that my super cool Nargacuga hunting horn that makes me look like the shiny gold angel of death isn't in that picture, for some reason.

I haven't got anything to aim for now, so I don't feel the need to go back to it, unlike before when I felt I had unfinished business. Have you just started again using a different weapon set?

40 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

No, they're the antennae on my bug armour. I've just realised that my super cool Nargacuga hunting horn that makes me look like the shiny gold angel of death isn't in that picture, for some reason.

I haven't got anything to aim for now, so I don't feel the need to go back to it, unlike before when I felt I had unfinished business. Have you just started again using a different weapon set?

A couple of times I felt I was running out of things to do so I tried a new weapon and was back farming the parts for it. Only prob is Narga weapons being overall best so you end up farming him for ages.

16 minutes ago, Janski said:

That guy is siiiick.

How does he make the game look like that? It looks like an upscaled resolution. I guess it's just the capture card.

18 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

A couple of times I felt I was running out of things to do so I tried a new weapon and was back farming the parts for it. Only prob is Narga weapons being overall best so you end up farming him for ages.

Yeah, I went for Narga weapons as well. I imagine the high affinity makes them popular.

Tomorrow we get info on the first big patch that is adding more monsters, there has been some discussion as to what Capcom meant by several in their tweets, the Uk MH community manager just tweeted one word...

Plethora!

Hype!

I think we can be reasonably certain that Great Jaggi, Jagras, or even both are on their way, along with Zamtrios. Otherwise, why are the little ones in the game?

That meat you get in the box mentions that it can be used to fish out a monster in the Flooded Forest. My bet is that means Plesioth, although it could also work for Gobul. And Gobul would be pretty cool. Hell, bring back everything from Tri/3U as far as I'm concerned. (That includes underwater fights!)

Finally, add in Buldrome for the sheer ridiculousness of it. It could actually be a fun wildcard Apex in rampages, non-stop headbutting the gate.

Hardly a "plethora", but all welcome additions. In particular, the Apex hunts. I could live without Kushala again, found it quite annoying in World, but I've always quite liked fighting Toaster. However, being able to ride Kushala .... yeah, I'm on board!

Kushala Daora
Teostra
Chameleos
Apex Diablos
Apex Azuros
Apex Rathalos
Apex Mitzutsune

Hiigher HR, Layered armor, armor level up increased, more decorations, buddy ranks up, recruiting buddies at higher levels,

More in May update 3.0 which sounds like it'll continue creepy twin's story.

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

And paid for character change, which was free. Very Capcom. Not that I ever use it because my hunter is perfect but still.

You get 1 free character change with the update. They did the same in World.

That's what I mean, until this patch you could change all you wanted in Rise. They've now taken that out and put the token system in from world. It just seems a bit shitty to do that. But as that stuff goes it's pretty inconsequential I guess.

A Sword & Shield with 100% affinity, 200 raw and a mile of green (it's Bludgeoner time)? Lots of missing decoration skills filled in and some skills I thought would be 3-slot are actually 2-slot decorations? ALL the layered armour? And the armour set search has already been updated with all the new stuff?

My in-game wishlist is overflowing.

Looking forward to getting back into this after a bit of a break now that the update is out. I've been playing Miles Morales in the interim, but it just feels so hand-holdy by comparison.

19 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

That's what I mean, until this patch you could change all you wanted in Rise. They've now taken that out and put the token system in from world. It just seems a bit shitty to do that. But as that stuff goes it's pretty inconsequential I guess.

You are confusing Appearance Settings (hair, makeup, clothing, voice) which you can do as many times as you like, with Character Edit (face and gender), which requires a ticket, and was only just added in 2.0.