Monster Hunter: Rise & MH Stories 2. Switch bound. March 2021. Featuring doggo.

1 hour ago, ChewMagma said:

Anyway I feel like the reception to this one has been curiously muted on this forum, even though it has sold very well and I personally think it is better than World - just having it handheld is so much better. Seems to me there was more excitement on here around World and possibly even the 3DS games though. Just my imagination or has this one not quite hit home on here like World did?

It's always the case on here, very disappointing, a few of the old guard MH players do seem missing from this thread tho.

Shame cuz this is prob the best grindy, multiplayer game out there with the coolest looking equipment to craft.

Oh and I think they are def making a PS5 sequel to world, think they already have a roadmap for G rank expansion to Rise next year then Monster Hunter World 2 which is really MH6 after that.

I'm not sure that the forum actually has been more quiet over this one than usual, there's never a great pace to these threads. There's usually 4 or 5 of us at any given time, with guest members rotating in and out every so often.

Perhaps everyone else is just too busy playing to post!

8 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Oh and I think they are def making a PS5 sequel to world, think they already have a roadmap for G rank expansion to Rise next year then Monster Hunter World 2 which is really MH6 after that.

Oh interesting I stand corrected then. Tbf this would sell me a PS5.

3 hours ago, wretcherd said:

The traversal is so fun it has slightly ruined other games for me.

It's like when Breath of the Wild came out and you spent ages playing it, then every 3D adventure game which didn't have climbing everything and gliding off the top felt weird.

I was watching someone play BotW the other day and it felt weird that Link wasn't wirebugging everywhere.

2 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

I'm not sure that the forum actually has been more quiet over this one than usual, there's never a great pace to these threads. There's usually 4 or 5 of us at any given time, with guest members rotating in and out every so often.

Perhaps everyone else is just too busy playing to post!

Monster Hunter is one of those games where if I have time to either play it or talk about it, I'm doing the former every time. Most of my posting in threads about it over the years has been because I'm at work (while planning my next armour set in the back of my mind, need to hunt some Teostras and Rajangs :ph34r:).

Nargacuga cutwing is there a specific way to get them. Have hunted the thing 6 times and not a sniff. Need 4 to progress my Long Sword to the end of the Nargacuga tree. 

The annoying thing is I have all the materials to progress afterwards just need this one thing to advance.

3 hours ago, Yuujiin said:

Nargacuga cutwing is there a specific way to get them. Have hunted the thing 6 times and not a sniff. Need 4 to progress my Long Sword to the end of the Nargacuga tree. 

The annoying thing is I have all the materials to progress afterwards just need this one thing to advance.

Have you hunted 6 High Rank Nargacugas? Check the materials tab in your Hunter Notes - it's a Low Rank material :hat:

Is layered armour just a fashion thing, so that you can have your armour with all your decs, etc., but then lay an armour you like the look of more over the top?

5 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is layered armour just a fashion thing, so that you can have your armour with all your decs, etc., but then lay an armour you like the look of more over the top?

Yep.

MH_SET.jpg

3 hours ago, Yuujiin said:

Break his wings.

4 hours ago, Yuujiin said:

That’s a low rank item btw 

Im after a medulla for my last Weakness Exploit gem and he just never drops it 

Excuse my MHR 101 basic question but: what’s the most intuitive way to work through hub quests online? Start a lobby where I choose the quests?

I thought I would just join random sessions to get em done, but it doesn’t count it unless I’ve unlocked it, I don’t think. 

33 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Excuse my MHR 101 basic question but: what’s the most intuitive way to work through hub quests online? Start a lobby where I choose the quests?

I thought I would just join random sessions to get em done, but it doesn’t count it unless I’ve unlocked it, I don’t think. 

I just start a quest and usually I get randoms joining in to help. Very rarely takes longer than a few mins. 

17 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I just start a quest and usually I get randoms joining in to help. Very rarely takes longer than a few mins. 

Oh great — I thought you had to be in a lobby first

14 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Oh great — I thought you had to be in a lobby first

As long as you send a join request it adds people in. I think the lobby is just if you want to party up with the same people over multiple quests. I could be entirely wrong. I'm a MH newbie. 

2 hours ago, StephenM said:

You can join quests and get the keys done, that's pretty much how I did the whole of High Rank. No need to start a room.

What he said. That's how I have done high rank . Get your items sorted, eat some food then select Join request at the board in the gathering hub not the maiden.

How is everyone farming materials for Talismans post update 2.0? I was doing the 

Spoiler

Narwa

fight over and over which generally with randos takes 10-15 mins but maybe wondering if there is a more efficient approach with new quests/monsters/materials? What do you do?

p.s. what is spoiler etiquette itt now? Can we openly talk about late game monsters from the base game? From 2.0?

Cycling through the new elder dragons and Bazel keeps it more interesting, and the new defender tickets are great for melding if you can get a good rank clear on the new Apex rampages if you need their new materials anyway.

I'm still drowning in spares from working through my wishlist, as the good decos usually need plates/medullas and the like, so I do that until I have a full roster of melds ready to go, then let them cook while I do the new standalone Apex hunts to get Lazurite jewels, as the rewards from those are crap for melding, especially if you're focusing on the easier Apex Arzuros.

If you combine the tips from these two videos you can get lots of free high-value monster materials in minutes (both videos are needlessly, YouTube-algorithm-pleasingly 10+ minutes long - so I'll just link and TL;DR them):

I tried it a couple of times on the Teostra quest - both times, by the time I'd done the second Scale Lizard you have to go down into the lava cavern for, Teostra and Rakna-Kadaki were in the area right below it so I just hit and launched them into eachother and left with 12+ high-value melding materials without really having to do anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Y'know that feeling when you get a couple of hours into a game and realise you've found something you love? Just had it with this. 

I only played a tiny bit of some old PSP Monster Hunter and bounced off it for whatever reason, but I think my mood and this one have aligned perfectly. I have no idea what I'm doing right now but I'm enjoying all of it.