IGNORED

Monster Hunter: Rise. Sunbreak confirmed for June 30th, 2022

HarMGM

1 minute ago, sandman said:

Just trying this cause I got it free and its just tutorial after tutorial which are all terribly presented with tiny text. Does it get any better? I cant recall what the early tutorials were even teaching me. 

One of the best games on the Switch. All MH games are amazing, so yeah it gets a whole lot better, but it's possible you'll hate it until it clicks. Plenty of people in your position have ended up obsessed with the series.

1 minute ago, sandman said:

Finally playing and some bloke is telling me he is on top of some boulders. I fell down into a ravine and cant find him - where is he?

It sounds like your are on the very first mission where it explains the controls, that's very early into the game, I'd try and give it a bit more of a chance. If you can't find that guy tho there might not be any hope for you ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So Rise is out now on PC and I have to say I'm tempted! Of course, World looks amazing and Rise is a little pedestrian by comparison, but the monster variety has me intrigued (as much as I enjoyed World's monsters, they were all either dinosaurs or dragons, let's be honest!).

Anyone here prefer Rise over World?

Oh, can you go between melee and ranged just by changing weapon like you could in world without having to build a whole separate armour set like you used to have to do?

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

So Rise is out now on PC and I have to say I'm tempted! Of course, World looks amazing and Rise is a little pedestrian by comparison, but the monster variety has me intrigued (as much as I enjoyed World's monsters, they were all either dinosaurs or dragons, let's be honest!).

Anyone here prefer Rise over World?

Oh, can you go between melee and ranged just by changing weapon like you could in world without having to build a whole separate armour set like you used to have to do?

There's a demo on Steam. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I don't need a demo, it's MonHun, I know I'll love it. I'm just wondering whether it's really worth getting if I've still got world sitting there, with the expansion unfinished.

THERES. A. DEMO. ON. STEAM.

Fwiw I think there's sufficient changes. The wire bug is a nice addition, it's more colourful than World, riding monsters is hilarious and being able to mount your dog (fnarr) means getting around is pretty rapid. I can't remember about the weapons. I didn't regret buying it for switch. I've downloaded the demo to see if my pc will run it at 60.

The word I'd want to associate with Rise is 'streamlined'.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

I don't need a demo, it's MonHun, I know I'll love it. I'm just wondering whether it's really worth getting if I've still got world sitting there, with the expansion unfinished.

Play Iceborne through first, it'll feel slow as hell if you play it after getting used to the wirebug and doggo in Rise.

41 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Play Iceborne through first, it'll feel slow as hell if you play it after getting used to the wirebug and doggo in Rise.

I've been getting back into Rise past few days (never got far into high rank) and was gonna say exactly this: I think once you have dog riding and zip-anywhere move it'd be hard to go backwards!

Having looked through the monster list for Rise I'm pretty disappointed to see it's mostly dragons and dinosaurs, again. MH4U had some of the best monster variety, with things like Nerscylla the giant shadow spider, that big cobra snake thing, the giant wasp monster and scorpion thing, tetsucabra the big frog thing, the big crabs, the big fish beasts etc. Where are all of them?!? 

47 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Having looked through the monster list for Rise I'm pretty disappointed to see it's mostly dragons and dinosaurs, again. MH4U had some of the best monster variety, with things like Nerscylla the giant shadow spider, that big cobra snake thing, the giant wasp monster and scorpion thing, tetsucabra the big frog thing, the big crabs, the big fish beasts etc. Where are all of them?!? 

Oh it's got some quite good ones, not as bad as world for variety. There is a spider, crazy spinning monkey, big frog that is not tetsu and best of all, great big murder bear with knives for hands.

I'm back into Rise on Switch in a big way! I went from 40 hours played since launch, to 80 hours in just over a week or so.

I keep telling myself to branch out with weapon choices, but unlocking all the Switch Skills for my faves has been the top priority, because they add the flair i miss from GU.

I finished off high rank’s main stuff (on switch) but I’m still coming back for more; just hit HR 20 and the new quest. 

Mostly random match ups with people online - not sure if the RLLMUK Hunter Connect thing is still active? Or indeed if many are still playing it.