WandaVision - 15 January 2021

JohnC

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

So...

Hide contents

SWORD were definitely up to something with Visions body right/

That really reminded me of an 80s West Coast Avengers panel by John Byrne. 

Spoiler

It's where S.H.I.E.L.D decide that Vision is a threat and basically completely disassemble him. Vision comes back but bleached white and back to being a cold, logical robot rather than having Wonder Man's brainwaves making him more human.

image.thumb.png.70678f4daee4f8b6bef8f7b8b2b9dda1.png

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Spoiler

Ok so, that was either some seriously mega-tease stunt-casting, or they've just rolled the Fox mutant-verse into the MCU. Nuts!

There is still a chance that he's literally the MCU version of Quicksilver, but 'recast' as they put it.

Also, I think they made it more obvious in this episode that Agnes is controlling Wanda. I don't think she's the villain that she's being made out to be.

Out of interest, during the credits where Disney+ recommend something else to watch, is everyone being recommended Age of Ultron? 

Just wondering if that's Marvel doing something meta as well, particularly with the speculation that

Spoiler

Ultron

may be somewhat involved. 

9 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Out of interest, during the credits where Disney+ recommend something else to watch, is everyone being recommended Age of Ultron? 

Just wondering if that's Marvel doing something meta as well, particularly with the speculation that

Reveal hidden contents

Ultron

I got the same recommendation 

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

:omg:

Hide contents

I don't think they'll bring mutants and the FF in together. One or the other probably.

I did notice ths juice used in the advert was alarmingly red. 

Seeing as I'm being a complete fucking dunce what was the relevance of the watch? I know Strucker was the one who have them their powers.

Also regarding Wanda's powers, you could say they're.... mutating?

:sherlock:

The adverts seem to point to her traumas, the stark toaster being like the missile that killed her parents, then strucker, hydra etc

Spoiler

Given that there’s already an FF film announced but no X-Men projects I was expecting FF before mutants. 

48 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Hide contents

Ultron

Same

28 minutes ago, PK said:

That was a great episode, the mystery has really hooked me even though I don't really know what other comic stuff they might be referencing. The 80s aesthetic was so on point as well, it really makkuwata i dont know if you can r̴̖͔̤͉͖̭͍͉̮̒͆̉͊͛̈́e̴̘̮͈̐͒͆͗̂̔́̾́̊̊͂ą̵̢͇͕̈̆͐ͅd̴̥̙͙̾̂̋̅̓͌ ̶̡̧̛̺̳͇̹̠̭̲̃͗͛̉͛̔̔̈́͘this we dont know who is doing this to you but we are trying to get you out just keep ̵͙̥̩̩̘̟̃̈͛͗͋̑̏̚͝watching the show and posting your opinion on rllmuk they don't know about us yet stay strong help is on t̴̨̮͚̗̙̞̰̞̟̱͖͓̖͆̀ḩ̷̭̻͙̫̘͇͎͇͙̥̘̻͇͊̔͂̑̍̅̀̐͊̒̕͝e̶̢͇̣̗̼̠̟̱͔̠̭̝̭͎̬̓͌͂̌̀̌̓̂̒ ̸̢̛͍͍̺̄͗̈́̈̌̎̄́́̌͗̚͝makes the weirdness become totally unsettling when it interjects such a perfect reproduction of the sitcoms. 

Is it only 9 episodes total or are they planning multiple seasons?

:lol:

2 hours ago, Scruff said:

That really reminded me of an 80s West Coast Avengers panel by John Byrne. 

Hide contents

It's where S.H.I.E.L.D decide that Vision is a threat and basically completely disassemble him. Vision comes back but bleached white and back to being a cold, logical robot rather than having Wonder Man's brainwaves making him more human.

image.thumb.png.70678f4daee4f8b6bef8f7b8b2b9dda1.png

I just came in to post the same thing!!!! My first ever Avengers comic!

I was already geeking out because of that and then :omg:

I wondered this before 

Spoiler

When they announced they were doing Multiverse stuff if JK Simmons as JJ at the end of Far From Home wasn't just using the same actor to reprise their role, but a very early tease?  Especially as they need to resolve Peter Parker is Spiderman cliffhanger.  

What do we know about timescales so far.  How long after End Game is this set? Far From Home must be a good few months (if not more) after End Game as they wouldn't have all immediatly gone back to school and then gone on a big school trip to Europe.

13 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

I wondered this before 

Hide contents

When they announced they were doing Multiverse stuff if JK Simmons as JJ at the end of Far From Home wasn't just using the same actor to reprise their role, but a very early tease?  Especially as they need to resolve Peter Parker is Spiderman cliffhanger.  

What do we know about timescales so far.  How long after End Game is this set? Far From Home must be a good few months (if not more) after End Game as they wouldn't have all immediatly gone back to school and then gone on a big school trip to Europe.

Spoiler

FFH is set 8 months after the Blip, according to the MCU timeline

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man:_Far_From_Home

Holy shit - So yeah re ep 5

Spoiler

There is no way that "recasting" quicksilver is just a bit of stunt - they could have literally picked any actor if they wanted to do that. Especially if they do plan to integrate the Fox Xmen in some way into the MCU (and quicksilver has been one of the better ones they did) - Wanda is so breaking reality by the end of this.

That was brilliant!

Spoiler

When she stared near the end in disbelief I was thinking 'oh FFS when we see what she's staring at it is not going to be as shocking as her face makes out'

but it bloody well was :lol: 

Proper nerd boner stuff.

Really good episode. They're taking this places now...

Speculation

Spoiler

This has got up be the way they're going to introduce mutants to the MCU. If it isn't, they've looked a gift horse in the mouth and somehow managed to set up a blue balls situation as well.

8 minutes ago, PK said:

What comic is this based on? Or is it bringing things in from lots of different ones?

Comics spoiler below - may not be relevant to the show but fair warning. 

Spoiler

it’s heavily influenced by The house of M storyline for one - in that Wanda actually rids the marvel universe of mutants - I think this is going the opposite way

1 hour ago, IcEBuRN said:

HOLY MOLY! This just gets better!

@MansizeRooster I read your spoiler, assuming it was about the episode. But in your last line you mentioned something. Which if not speculation, is a FUCKING SPOILER FROM THE COMICS. Please don't do that. Some people in here don't know the history or lore.

THE SHOW IS NOT BASED ON A COMIC. THERE ARE NO COMIC SPOILERS. 

7 minutes ago, Broker said:

THE SHOW IS NOT BASED ON A COMIC. THERE ARE NO COMIC SPOILERS. 

There is, literally, a Marvel comic about Wanda and Vision, called Wandavision. 

That said, I believe Rooster was just speculating, and I like that theory, so allow me to speculate further...

Spoiler

Agnes is Loki.