WandaVision - 15 January 2021

3 hours ago, Timbuktu said:

I enjoyed that but I thought the execution could have been better. 

Hide contents

I wish it was Vision going through the memories Wanda in another illusion set up by Agatha.  It would be more like Clementine and Joe running through the memories in Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind.  The two work so well as a two hander and it would have been about their relationship and Vision realising he isn’t ‘real’.

It is why the scene with Vision at the Avergers HQ is the clear stand out.

I also thought

Spoiler

Showing her watching the various era TV shows was a little heavy handed, bar maybe the first one.

Although Brian Cranston is now part of the MCU so that’s good.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Who was it that

Reveal hidden contents

Came out of the infinity stone when Wanda touched it?

Spoiler

Herself as Scarlet witch? Atleast that's what the head gear silhouette looked like.

This continues to impress. I have to admit that the first three episodes felt like a dragged out build up but in hindsight, they make perfect sense and what a build up.

Spoiler

Seeing a character's origin story 10 years after they were established in the MCU is a bold move and one that worked. An emotional journey from childhood innocence to corruption to Avenger to nothingness and rage.

Fucking loving this series, I really hope that next week's ending does everyone involved justice.

Spoiler

There can't be a happy ending can there? Vision is dead, the kids are imaginary, Wanda is broken. I'd love to think that love conquers all but I can't see how it can.

I know we saw him at the end but he's just a shell now.

53 minutes ago, cubik said:

Fucking loving this series, I really hope that next week's ending does everyone involved justice.

Hide contents

There can't be a happy ending can there? Vision is dead, the kids are imaginary, Wanda is broken. I'd love to think that love conquers all but I can't see how it can.

I know we saw him at the end but he's just a shell now.

Spoiler

I expect there's going to be a way of combining the Vision conjured out of Wanda's magic/memory/imagination with the Vision that's just a robot shell.

Well fuck. This has seriously gone from being two characters I had little interest in to one of the MCU's strongest parts. While I get it's understandably a one shot series, I don't want it to end next week. :(

11 minutes ago, Purin said:

The bet line in all of the MCU I thought.

Hide contents

I've lost a brother-in-law, and a best friend last year, before they reached 50. So that line about “So what is grief if not love persevering” hit me fucking hard.

So sorry to hear about you losing your friend.Life is shit sometimes. 

40 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

So if 

Hide contents

White Vision is sent into the Hex, surely he's going to go head to head with Wandas Vision. I wonder if there's a way the two will blend together.

It’s guaranteed, I think.

It's been said. Brilliant. The three leads are doing an amazing job. That line Paul bettany delivered was beautiful, when it could have been cheesy in a different series..

Also, much kudos needs to be given to the writers and production team on this show. Getting more excited for the future of the MCU TV shows.

Spoiler

I think the two scenes of origin story stuff was a bit pointless but as soon as you had Wanda and Vision having a conversation about grief, it was gripping. We could infer the facts of this from about episode two, but the emotional core of it feels like what this show has been building to all along.

And I am so glad that Agnes' role in this turns out to be "malign force drawn by the smell of power" rather than "secret mastermind". The former is a fantastic subtext to lay on Wanda as a character, the latter would've completely undermined the entire show.

I just watched infinity war again and the end with Vision and Wanda was just met with a shrug the first time I watched it. This time I was in bits. This show has made me care about 2 characters I had no interest in before. It's amazing.

6 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:
  Hide contents

I'm confused about where the title deeds came from. First I saw them, they were sitting in the passenger seat of Wanda's car after she had been to SWORD.

Spoiler

Yes, that their first appearance...not sure why that would be an issue.  It showed that they were planning a future together out with the avengers before infinity war kicked off.

The guy in witness protection? He’s just a way of explaining why the authorities noticed something was up. There will probably be a post-credits scene where the hex ends and he remembers who he is for a second before he’s whacked by the mob.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

I’m still wondering who Agent Woo was there for… That hasn’t been mentioned again, has it?

Just a bit of universe building to keep him in peoples mind, will be in more movies so no surprise really.

1 hour ago, therearerules said:

I'll be honest, that episode did nothing for me. It essentially sucked all the mystery out the room.

It’s part 9 of 10...they do have to explain things at some point.