WandaVision - 15 January 2021

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

So does 

Hide contents

The use of the Darkhold in this format effectively "decanonise" Agents of Shield?

I think it has too tbh. 

I’m pretty sure they are currently shooting season 2 for this.

Also, Wanda was clearly the villain in this. Yet she walks away like she’s some kind of hero and Sword barely even try to stop her.

She needs to be put down for what she did.

7 hours ago, Hexx said:

So does 

Hide contents

The use of the Darkhold in this format effectively "decanonise" Agents of Shield?

I suspect it will never be "officially" decanonised, instead they will simply never mention or refer to it again. 

2 hours ago, probotector said:

Even after them saying it's only a mini-series, and the Dr Strange film follows on from it instead?

Agatha

Spoiler

Wanda put her in to character, but then destroyed the hex and set everyone free. So I guess Agatha is no longer the nosy neighbour and a witch again?

3 minutes ago, ckny said:

Agatha

Reveal hidden contents

Wanda put her in to character, but then destroyed the hex and set everyone free. So I guess Agatha is no longer the nosy neighbour and a witch again?

Spoiler

That was a clearly a spell especially for her unrelated to the Hex.

23 minutes ago, ckny said:

Agatha

Hide contents

Spoiler

The Wicked Witch of Westview.

Spoiler

I do like ruminating on the idea of a reality of your own creation. Wanda’s kids are a creation from within Wanda herself, but that’s really not far at all from real motherhood. She just skipped the long gestation period. You can see why she’d want to recreate them in a form where they can exist outside the hex. They were as real as any other children. 

3 hours ago, probotector said:

Also, Wanda was clearly the villain in this. Yet she walks away like she’s some kind of hero and Sword barely even try to stop her.

She needs to be put down for what she did.

When Godzilla smashes up a city and walks back out into the sea, you don’t really try to stop him and put him in handcuffs.  I guess Monica’s stance has always been that the best way to save Westview was to not antagonist Wanda.  There was no real means to go against her.

Casting

Spoiler

Nothing is really resolved there. The series opened looking for someone missing in witness protection, never resolved. It's unclear if the Super speed was a result of the necklace, or just the mind control. 

Not sure if they were kite flying for reaction, but easily revisited if they want. 

1 hour ago, Timbuktu said:

When Godzilla smashes up a city and walks back out into the sea, you don’t really try to stop him and put him in handcuffs.  I guess Monica’s stance has always been that the best way to save Westview was to not antagonist Wanda.  There was no real means to go against her.

Spoiler

They’re probably also really not sure about what was going on, given the SWORD bad guy told them it was Wanda who was the bad guy, but then they saw her defeat another super being bad guy before being the one to bring down the dome and end it all.

13 hours ago, Sabreman said:

Regarding the end:

Hide contents

I think Wanda's just doing the Doc Strange thing of speed-learning while her physical body goes about its business.

So (post credits scene spoilers and speculation):

Spoiler

Yes I think that’s exactly it, and the link to Doctor Strange 2 is being overtly foreshadowed by showing Wanda doing the astral projection while reading the spell book taken from Agatha...

And where did Agatha get that book? It was pointed out to me that in Doctor Strange, we see a missing book in Wong’s library. Now, pure speculation, but, judging by the size, age, binding and so on, the book of spells would not look out of place in that library - it could easily have been there originally and taken, either by Agatha or someone before her. 

So, perhaps that scene is foreshadowing Doctor Strange 2 in more ways than one.

Anyway, loved the show Steve, echo all the positive comments above, only thing I do think the dropped the ball on was...

Spoiler

Imaginary Vision failing to tell anyone that Real Vision was back - suspension of disbelief shattered!

TikTok is rife with videos about Wandavision this morning, so fun that people have clearly watched and enjoyed it. My favourite video was someone who noticed - the scene where Wanda, Vision and the kids all strike a pose, ready to battle, is a reference to The Incredibles! :)

image.gif.aef18241544de0386982451d35c72070.gif

I’m just gonna spoiler all this although really what the fuck are you reading this thread for if you ain’t watching. 

Spoiler

Yeah CGI punchmans has never been less relevant. The talking bit was good, just keep that! 

Quite good though. Ep before was better IMO, overall pretty enjoyable series. Wanda isn’t a villain exactly, but she’s the fucking Scarlet Witch. 

the moral ambiguity part is very comic like, because in the comics no one gives a fuck about the people apart from saving their lives. Also no one knows whether she did it all by accident on purpose, or because of Agatha.

And another thing, it pisses me off in these movies (though I understand Ofc), when they corner a bad guy who had been trying to destroy the world, they don’t fucking obliterate them. They fucked that up in Infinity war and ended up having to do the same thing later anyway but with a bunch more casualties. 

but!

Sticking Agnes/Agatha into a safe zone was the best thing to do by far. If she turns out to be useful/good whatever, she’s there.

Liked that white vision is still undercover presumably. 

So the whole ending...

Spoiler

It all felt a bit.. Felicity and Arrow with the nuke to me.. where a major character has done something incredibly bad and nothing really happens. The sons/Vision etc. were all in her mind, just created with her own magic and fantasy coming to them all accepting it at the end. But Wanda trapped, tortured and scarred those other town folk for the rest of their lives. Unless I'm missing something and she magically wiped their minds after it? I doubt it from what I saw as she had no idea that they were all being forced to reliver her nightmares whilst she slept. They were prisoners and untold damage was done but all sorted of washed away because Agnes was poking around the edges. That one mother crying because she can't see her kids, wanting to die rather than stay in that state for the rest of her days felt a lot deeper than the rest of the fantasy Wanda had conjured up.

I don't think Agnes deserved a lifetimes imprisonment for what she did either, yes she killed those other witches centuries ago but they were trying to kill her too and they all seemed to be baddies in general. It was Wanda at the middle of this and she deserves more than retiring to a hut in the woods, practising magic. And after Wanda did all that just who is she to judge and pass punishment on someone else. Terrible person.

Seeing Wanda as a villain just doesn’t sit well with me...

Spoiler

I think the core thing you have to understand is that Wanda didn’t do any of this intentionally. She was undergoing a period of intense grief and it feels like you was having a severe mental health crisis, as she became more lucid she began to see and understand the damage she was doing and took steps to remedy it.  I’m sure there will be repercussions though.

1 hour ago, Welrain said:

Seeing Wanda as a villain just doesn’t sit well with me...

Hide contents

I think the core thing you have to understand is that Wanda didn’t do any of this intentionally. She was undergoing a period of intense grief and it feels like you was having a severe mental health crisis, as she became more lucid she began to see and understand the damage she was doing and took steps to remedy it.  I’m sure there will be repercussions though.

That's just having a sympathetic villain though, as opposed to some random agent of chaos. There needs to be some form of justice to more away from villainy, not necessarily punitive, but definitely some attempt at restorative, combined with reflection and responsibility. Otherwise it's "With great power comes great priviledge".

23 minutes ago, therearerules said:

That's just having a sympathetic villain though, as opposed to some random agent of chaos. There needs to be some form of justice to more away from villainy, not necessarily punitive, but definitely some attempt at restorative, combined with reflection and responsibility. Otherwise it's "With great power comes great priviledge".

They just needed to tweak her line about not understanding her powers slightly so she showed a bit more remorse "My powers did terrible things to these people, and that's on me, because I didn't understand my powers but I will" (but better than this)