IGNORED

Secretlab Chairs.

Pug

I've been eyeing up the new Titan Evo 2022 model. I've currently got a Human Scale Freedom chair, which is ok, but I bought it used and it's a bit creaky. The Titan is £434, however, which ain't exactly cheap, and that's with £100 off, apparently (although they always seem to be on a DFS-like sale that isn't really a sale).

If I do end up cancelling my Steam Deck pre-order then I might be able to justify it, especially if I can sell my old chair.

I take it anyone who has one still loves theirs?

I'm eyeing up the Monster Hunter one. I'd like the D.Va or Jinx ones but a) I'm not sure I can carry that much pink off for the D.Va one b) I'd only buy the Jinx one because of the colour scheme and c) the Monster Hunter one is metal as fuck.

Anyway my missus bought a Secret Lab chair at the beginning of the pandemic and she's still happy with it so spend away on that insignificant piece of anecdotal information.

I have one from 2020 and absolutely zero regrets. I had one arm replaced free of charge under warranty as the rest had become loose and the foam was peeling, but it was no hassle at all to sort. 

It’s a very high quality, comfy chair. I’ve even napped in it fully reclined a few times ;) 

30 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'm eyeing up the Monster Hunter one. I'd like the D.Va or Jinx ones but a) I'm not sure I can carry that much pink off for the D.Va one b) I'd only buy the Jinx one because of the colour scheme and c) the Monster Hunter one is metal as fuck.

Anyway my missus bought a Secret Lab chair at the beginning of the pandemic and she's still happy with it so spend away on that insignificant piece of anecdotal information.

24 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I have one from 2020 and absolutely zero regrets. I had one arm replaced free of charge under warranty as the rest had become loose and the foam was peeling, but it was no hassle at all to sort. 

It’s a very high quality, comfy chair. I’ve even napped in it fully reclined a few times ;) 

Do either of you have one with the Soft Weave fabric? I'd prefer that to the faux leather, especially in the summer. I quite like the Cookies and Cream one, but I'm worried about potential spills and grubby hand prints.

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Do either of you have one with the Soft Weave fabric? I'd prefer that to the faux leather, especially in the summer. I quite like the Cookies and Cream one, but I'm worried about potential spills and grubby hand prints.

ive got the cookies and cream soft weave. No stains, but I do have a blanket folded over the seat itself to help prevent that.  

Batman faux leather 2022 here, alongside persistent and chronic back issues. It's harder than I expected, but I love it dearly after 6 months. The hardness just means I get up more for breaks from sitting, which is always a good thing.

Cheers both. Does anyone use theirs on carpet? Does it travel across ok when you're seated? My current chair is too heavy to move on carpet, so I had to get one of those clear plastic sheets you put down, but it doesn't look that great and it feels like I'm slipping about on ice.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Is that this one: Titan 2020?

Have to give back my previous job’s equipment (desk and chair), so if I’m getting my own want something that is going to be comfy for extended periods. And good for nap time sounds ideal!

I bought a Titan a few months ago, after reading this thread. Wasn't sure I'd notice the difference between my old £70  chair but holy moly it's a world of difference in terms of quality and sturdiness. The only thing is, I think I wish I'd gone for the slightly smaller Omega chair as this a touch big for me. I feel like a kid in this thing.

40 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I bought a Titan a few months ago, after reading this thread. Wasn't sure I'd notice the difference between my old £70  chair but holy moly it's a world of difference in terms of quality and sturdiness. The only thing is, I think I wish I'd gone for the slightly smaller Omega chair as this a touch big for me. I feel like a kid in this thing.

How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and the site recommends the Titan for me, but the Omega is cheaper. A couple of reviews mention that the Omega is too small for anyone shorter than 6 foot, however.

And @glb, the 2020 Titan is the older model but only a bit cheaper than the newer 2022 version, it you weren't aware.

51 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

How tall are you? I'm 6'1" and the site recommends the Titan for me, but the Omega is cheaper. A couple of reviews mention that the Omega is too small for anyone shorter than 6 foot, however.

And @glb, the 2020 Titan is the older model but only a bit cheaper than the newer 2022 version, it you weren't aware.

Thank you for the heads-up. In the end I went for the SoftWeave 2020, which was already a tad over budget. The same in 2022 added another £100, which I can put towards a desk (found one I like the look of for £250...£235 with a discount voucher).

12 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Definitely shorter than 6ft :D I'm a wee 5'7" so I look like a toddler in this thing. Still, it's nice to swing my legs whilst sat down, I'm sure that counts as exercise. 

15 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

ive got the cookies and cream soft weave. No stains, but I do have a blanket folded over the seat itself to help prevent that.  

I have a towel over mine to stop the static from building up. Every time I stand up it jolts my IPS displays and knocks them out momentarily with interference otherwise  (and gives me a shock). :( That’s the only negative I have regarding the chair.

14 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Cheers both. Does anyone use theirs on carpet? Does it travel across ok when you're seated? My current chair is too heavy to move on carpet, so I had to get one of those clear plastic sheets you put down, but it doesn't look that great and it feels like I'm slipping about on ice.

I bought a plastic chair mat, both to help the chair move more easily and to avoid damage to the carpet. Does the trick.

15 hours ago, Jamie John said:

It's going to depend on the pile depth of your carpet to be honest. I use mine on a plastic sheet, but it's proven too brittle and the smaller wheels, weight of the chair and my bulk combined have cracked it all now. I have used it on short pile carpet and it's fine though.

13 hours ago, Jamie John said:

6' 4" here. The Omega is hugely undersized for me, the placement of the pillow is way too low. Titan XL all the way. I can't see it being right for you at 6' 1" tbh.

The 2020 Titan is broadly the same - I think the lumbar support is less adjustable, though, if that is important to anyone. It was to me.

Thanks. I think the regular-sized Titan is the best fit for me. I'm trying to justify the cost of it, to be honest. I don't work from home and already have an armchair for console gaming, so it would only be used for PC, which I don't do that much of. It is nice though. Maybe I'd do more PC gaming if I had one! 😅

After much deliberation, I've just ordered the Titan Evo 2022. I got in the grey 'Cookies and Cream' colour, regular size, with the lumbar pillow pro, which was £20 off. With the shipping, it was just shy of £500 😬

image.png.bc12d3b858c1f0170fc1bbdb8211f9d5.png

It's going to be replacing two other chairs, however (my current desk chair and my arm chair, which is broken), so it'll definitely get some use, he tells himself...

Anyway, I'll post some pics once I've got everything set up.

24 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Cheers - I may just do that.

My Titan 2020 arrived last week. Initially got buyer’s guilt and thought, ‘why didn’t I just get a cheaper one off Amazon’. That was eased a bit by the unboxing experience, which is great.

And then, once it was built, I sat in it. Oh my. It’s so comfortable, boosted by being able to adjust pretty much everything (and today I realised the armrests also slide back and forth) Still fine-tuning my preferred settings but had two full days working from home in it and it’s been lovely.

So much so that when this is paid off I’m tempted to order the better half one too. Certain things like this warrant a little extra expense and she’s sat for long periods when WFH.

On 18/06/2022 at 10:12, Jamie John said:

After much deliberation, I've just ordered the Titan Evo 2022. I got in the grey 'Cookies and Cream' colour, regular size, with the lumbar pillow pro, which was £20 off. With the shipping, it was just shy of £500 😬

image.png.bc12d3b858c1f0170fc1bbdb8211f9d5.png

It's going to be replacing two other chairs, however (my current desk chair and my arm chair, which is broken), so it'll definitely get some use, he tells himself...

Anyway, I'll post some pics once I've got everything set up.

This arrived today! I finished work late, however, and didn't get round to setting it up until about nine.

First impressions are that it's a very chunky boi (I'm glad I didn't go for the XL) but extremely adjustable, solid and expensive-feeling. I only sat in it for about half an hour this evening before bed, but, especially with the lumbar pillow, it did feel like it was wrapping around my body in a secure way, and I didn't feel the need to wriggle about in my seat as much as I usually do. The cushioning is a lot firmer than I was expecting, but I imagine this is by design and will prove more comfortable in the long run.

I'll post a picture and some more impressions over the next few days, once I've had a proper chance to use it.

Not the greatest pic, and it doesn't really give an accurate impression of how big the chair is, but you get the idea:

image.thumb.png.abd9fff620e70f75af997c03566e1be2.png

I need to get the knackered armchair (bottom left) out of my man cave now so that I can just use this one in all its reclining glory!

I want to put in my own recommendation for Secret Labs' "neuechair".

I used to get back aches after gaming sessions of more than one hour, but this chair has solved it right there. Seven or eight hour sessions in Elden Ring still made my back hurt a little bit, but anything less then that was no problem at all. And at a RRP of £559 it's well below high-end ergonomical chairs like Miller and Steelcase. The chair won many "best of" awards in the mid-range price section as well.

product_ncheadrest-03-min.jpg

Be warned though; if you're over 6ft1, and/or weigh more than 210 lbs, this is probably not the chair for you

13 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Not the greatest pic, and it doesn't really give an accurate impression of how big the chair is, but you get the idea:

image.thumb.png.abd9fff620e70f75af997c03566e1be2.png

I need to get the knackered armchair (bottom left) out of my man cave now so that I can just use this one in all its reclining glory!

This looks like a lovely set-up; I need to get some plants in the home office. New desk arrives in a few days, extra 50cm wide, so the Titan won’t look so comically large next to my current desk.

10 minutes ago, glb said:

This looks like a lovely set-up; I need to get some plants in the home office. New desk arrives in a few days, extra 50cm wide, so the Titan won’t look so comically large next to my current desk.

Cheers! Yes, I love my plants, although they're starting to grow a bit too much now so I've had to get some sticky tab things to train them up the walls.