IGNORED

Peacemaker - The Suicide Squad TV spin-off

JohnC

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First three episodes are out and it's awesome. First up don't skip the OP. It's amazing. Also they nailed Peacemaker being a birb dad. You'd understand it if you had a birb.

Great OST full of 80s hair metal bands + a Band-Maid song in episode 3. Loving it. Even Bat-Mite gets a mention.

With no knowledge of the character before TSS, he’s not quite as I expected from his blurb. I don’t mean that in a bad way, just different. I was expecting him to be unshakeably confident and ruthless in all circumstances. But he’s sort of a “loser” and not always so confident and ruthless, as seen in this too. 

16 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

What's the deal with Peacemaker? Does he have superpowers or is he a Bruce Wayne type? 

Trained from birth by his extremely racist dad ins multiple forms of combat and weaponry to make a killing machine. No powers whatsoever. Absolutely loves his birb son Eagley.

Aye, this is great, and I wasn't even all that fussed on TSS. Thought the third episode was a bit weak, and nowhere near as funny as the first two. That said, Cena is fucking really good* and showing some decent comedy acting chops. Episode two was downright hilarious.

*Didn't think I'd ever be saying that!