Peacemaker - The Suicide Squad TV spin-off

JohnC

On 22/01/2022 at 11:44, Chadruharazzeb said:

What is up up with a society that considers tits to be more taboo than brutal violence. I mean I love both but come on, people. 

USA and its religious leanings. Guns guuud, boobies bad. Or maybe its just unnecessary unless central the atmosphere of the plot. 

22 hours ago, IcEBuRN said:

USA and its religious leanings. Guns guuud, boobies bad. Or maybe its just unnecessary unless central the atmosphere of the plot. 

Sex supposedly threatens and destroys the easily-manipulable nuclear Christian family unit. A useful political entity.

Guns allow you to express urges repressed elsewhere in the name of 'protecting' that same family unit.

Always about just keeping useful chesspieces on the board.

Gunn says there's a good chance for a second season. And he's pitching another Suicide Squad spin-off show that HBO Max are pretty keen to do, but he can't say anything about that right now.

I thought it was the worst ep so far. Still very watchable, and some nice moments, but most of the main story beats had already sort of been done in previous episodes.

At least whatever happens next week should actually move things along a bit.

Spoiler

Eat peace, motherfuckers!

:lol:

6 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Gunn clearly knows his Glam metal. And this ex-mulleted 46 yr old. Is quite happy. 

I mean The Quireboys ffs.  

the band Ginger Wildheart was kicked out of, for being too drunk! 😂

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/wig-wam-peacemaker-credit-dance-do-ya-wanna-taste-it-1235021489/

“Three days before the Peacemaker [Jan. 13] premiere our [Scandinavian] booking agency [United Stage] dropped us from their rooster, because there was too little interest in the band,” singer Åge Sten Nilsen (aka “Glam”) tells Billboard about the low moment for the proudly anachronistic teased hair metal band. Formed in Norway in 2001, Wig Wam released four glitter-soaked, tongue-firmly-in-cheek hard rock albums before splitting in 2013 — Nilsen said they just got sick of each other — and ultimately reuniting in 2019.

“I told them, maybe they should wait a couple of days,” Nilsen says of the ask he made to their agency rep last November. “But they didn’t.” At that point, they already knew “Taste It” would be in the show’s title sequence and the band was just looking for some warm-up gigs to help prime the pump for what the singer assumed would be increased interest, thanks to the show.

And, just like Peacemaker’s second chance, it’s all working out  in the end for Wig Wam. Nilsen says a “big agent” from Spain is now handling their booking, and “their phone lines are on fire right now” — with some gigs on the horizon, including their first-ever U.S. shows. Additionally, he says the group’s streamingnumbers are spiking and they’re getting requests for bookings all over the world. “Can’t wait to get over there with the boys to Wig Wam you all,” he says.

That Wig Wam theme song is so good. 

I thought episode 5 was the best yet.

Spoiler

And I was glad they didn't drag out the Murn plot. Getting him revealed early on. 

John Cena rattling off a massive list of names that could have been used instead of his father cracked me up. 'Any one of those c*nts from Riverdale.'

Yeah, episode 5 was really great, a lot of good comedy, I laughed a lot.

After the escaped Gorilla reveal in episode 4, I fully expected them to be introducing Grodd in this episode but I guess it was was just more of a nod than anything.

I've only just stumbled across this spin off TV series.  I didn't really rate Suicide Squad.  But this is absolute gold! 

Cena plays it so well.  Everything from the soundtrack, to the intro sequence just brilliant.

:wub:

Nope. People have been badgering Gunn about it and he said, a month ago, it should be "soon". It seems they've been trying to get it out some way that doesn't involve having to wait for HBO Max UK launch. But still no word on exactly when or where.

3 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Awesome news. They need to hurry up and get this launched in the UK though so more people can see it without yarrring

Totally agree this would have gone big, I reckon,  if it was day and date with America. 

As it is we'll all rave it cos we yarr'd it and no fucker will listen.  It's top tier telly imo.  

(Holy shit at the wind outside right now) 

I loved that the finale did the one thing that Marvel shows never do during world-ending level threats -

Spoiler

Actually have the Avengers (Well Justice League obviously here) turn up! 

Wasn’t too fussed about watching this before it aired, but it’s now comfortably my favourite DCU thing after Shazam. 

I mean the spoilers lay it out there. No one thought they'd see it or hear that shit on a DC telly show . Gunn made it happen. :sealclap:

Bit worrying hearing about Green Arrow's 

Spoiler

Buttplug fetish 

I have to say though it's crazy WB didn't try to get this broadcasting at the same time over here.  It really deserves a big audience and that may not happen now. 

Spoiler

How much food does Chris have for Goff? 

There was a little DC-Marvel collaboration to make some of the ending happen

Spoiler

Gunn's rather busy on both sides, so Ezra Miller was shot by a Marvel crew while Gunn was making Guardians 3. But it went both ways because the Peacemaker crew shot Chukwudi Iwuji's screen test for Guardians 3.

Since watching this show I have had this song as my earmworm, constantly, for weeks.  It it simultaneously amazingly brilliant and a bit rubbish all at once - and that's why I love it :wub:

Here's the "official" vid.  (as we've already had the intro dance credit version)