IGNORED

Singstar

Mk.

Eyetoy was a blast last summer, I think I will be getting Singstar. Having inducted everyone into using the PS2 at parties it seems stupid not to add this title. Eyetoy, Dancemats and Singstar equal fun party with non-gamers.

I never play EyeToy, much as I admire it. But singing? When drunk? Without having to adjust the fricking light in the room just to play it? Bring it on!

meh, hmm it sounds ok, the way the your voice is tracked and monitored sounds clever but EyeToy was a blast for all of a week, it'll sell and itd probly get my girlfriend interested in playing on the PS2 but meh.

(C&VG magazine f*cking love this... they are getting far to pro Sony but i suppose that is a whole other topic...)

Hardly, Konami did it first and their games happen to have a more interesting interface. I'll probably buy the one that has the best tracklisting though.

Unfortunately the Konami interface makes the game really hard as you can't easilly see what you have sung and adjust your pitch accordingly. Also Konamis game uses cover versions of the songs and some of them are pretty ropey imo. Hopefully singstar will be allot better as it has proper licensed tracks and music videos.

Cheers

Quexex

Can somebody cut and paste the tracklisting?

I can't view the site at work.

Sony has revealed the track listing for Singstar, the karaoke party game from the team behind EyeToy at Sony's London Studio. It's a singing game along similar lines to Konami's Karaoke Stage, in that it measures your vocal skills (pitch, tone, timing, etc) and provides feedback, but it also includes EyeToy compatibility allowing players to see themselves singing along. It's described as a singing game "with a twist", so we're guessing that's meant to be the twist.

Due out this summer, Singstar will ship with two microphones that plug in via USB adapter, and apart from officially licensed music (cast eyes down, numpty!) and videos, it will also have various multiplayer modes for up to eight people to compete, including a "Pass the Mic" game encouraging duets and other combinations, whilst also offering various options for the lone vocalist - a simple pick-up-and-go sing-along and even a "Star Maker" mode that charts your path from bedroom crooner to sell-out superstar. Singstar, sorry.

As with dancing title EyeToy: Groove, Sony has cast its net very wide for potential songs, focusing on the adult and/or alternative (The Darkness, Motorhead) just as often as the mindless pop tarts (Liberty X, Mis-Teeq, Pink, Jamelia, etc) and the karaoke stalwarts (Village People). It would certainly make an interesting mix tape...

Liberty X - Just a Little

Mis-Teeq - Scandalous

The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love

A-Ha - Take on Me

Pink - Get the Party Started

Jamelia - Superstar

Motorhead - Ace of Spades

George Michael - Careless Whisper

Avril Lavigne - Complicated

Petula Clark - Downtown

Sophie Ellis Bexter - Murder on the Dancefloor

Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not the One

Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Westlife - World of Our Own

Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca

Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine

Madonna - Like a Virgin

Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman

S Club - Don't Stop Movin'

Deee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart

Sugababes - Round Round

Elvis - Suspicious Minds

Busted - Crashed the Wedding

Village People - YMCA

Good Charlotte - Girls and Boys

Blondie - Heart of Glass

Dido - Thank You

Atomic Kitten - Eternal Flame

Blue - One Love

That is indeed the best tracklisting ever.

I've had the U.S. version of Karaoke Revolutions since November, and while the game is great fun, there are far to many dodgy songs on the songlist that I don't really enjoy singing (but it does have Science Genious Girl!).

That is indeed the best tracklisting ever.

I've had the U.S. version of Karaoke Revolutions since November, and while the game is great fun, there are far to many dodgy songs on the songlist that I don't really enjoy singing (but it does have Science Genious Girl!).

I was thinking of importing this, one of the reasons being that song!

What the other songs like? I quite liked some of them, but are they weird versions or not?

Awwww man, I absolutely love the track listing. Flicking between The Darkness, Good Charlotte and Sophie Ellis Bextor will be ace.

I can see it now, competing at the meets on who can sing the best Daniel Bedingfield If You're not the one.

I was thinking of importing this, one of the reasons being that song!

What the other songs like? I quite liked some of them, but are they weird versions or not?

Some of them are o.k., the older songs sound pretty authentic, but some (like Michael Jacksons) are obvious cover songs. My biggest problem is that 50% of the songs are either totally unknown to me or just not that exciting to sing, really. The SingStar traclist looks spectacular compared to Karaoke Revolution.

Oh, and another bummer is that you have to unlock Science Genious Girl. I don't know if any codes are available to unlock songs, but it took my wife two months of playing before she unlocked it. So be prepared to put in some effort.

does that mean you're coming to the next singing battle?

That means that I'll pop along after I get a bit of practise (given the shambolic horror of the pre-Xmas dark ghetto shit you fortunately missed, I think it's fairest all round)

Look, just leave me along - my bestest friend has just left the country and gone to the other side of the sodding planet. I am tired, drunk and emotional, man.

Boo Hoo.mp3

Singstar versus Karaoke revolution eh... IMO Singstar has a better track list and it's two player out the box...ever sung on your own... it sucks singing with someone else helps hide your inadequacies!

Oh and I belive that singstar is now coming in just one flavour which appears to be a mix of Pop and classics, but I could be wrong.

Cheers

Quexex

Oh and I belive that singstar is now coming in just one flavour which appears to be a mix of Pop and classics, but I could be wrong.

Hmmmm, dunno how I feel about that...

The three original groups were going to be Pop, Urban and Classics by the way.

I'm very excited by the idea. It might tempt me to buy a PS2.

Thats 2 of us.

Breaksmith told me about the late nights he has been having playing this and the way he grinned as he talked about it was encouraging. So I think its a 'must have in my collection'.

That or poor Poet will have a semi-permanent guest over at him place.