Genshin Impact

Nobuo's Organ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Just bumping for those who used to play this, the big new (completely free!) Sumeru expansion launches tomorrow on all platforms, including PS5.

It's set in a sort of mashup of Southeast Asia and Buddhist India designed to be like the fantasy version of what lay beyond China's borders in Monkey: Journey to the West, suitably, it's west of the games fantasy China Kingdom. Adds a new kingdom to explore, a new element for the elemental reaction system in battle (with new characters who use it, one of whom you get for free), and apparently, a Triple Triad style CCG.

And the music is pretty bangin:

• 1 month later...

Been playing this on and off since release, and I feel like Hoyoverse go from strength to strength with the environmental design. Monstadt was kind of mid, Liyue had stunning views and good use of verticality, Inazuma was kind of hit and miss but made up for it with the puzzles and Electrograma mechanic. The latest area feels very dense though I haven’t hit the desert yet. The introduction of Dendro and its new reactions have also freshened things up

I may be tempted to splurge my saved up primos for the Nahida banner, her kit shown in leaks seems crazy good and the E Skill seems pretty unique

I booted this up for the first time in over a year. I had enough for 1 wish. I got Ganyu, who is a 5 star! 😮

I swear the algorithm is rigged so that it tries to lure you back into the game. I have no materials to level her, so the grind is definitely real.