Next-Gen Headsets

4 hours ago, Underwurlde said:

Tell me this, anybody who ordered the 7x directly from SteelSeries.

How long did it take for the headset to be delivered?

I ordered last week and still haven't even had a dispatch email.

3 days. Used mine today, compared to my B&W pair they feel light and little cheap (especially the inner packaging!).

Very little low end, but they seem accurate - 3D spatial is dealt with well.

Might send back.

11 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

3 days. Used mine today, compared to my B&W pair they feel light and little cheap (especially the inner packaging!).

Very little low end, but they seem accurate - 3D spatial is dealt with well.

Might send back.

You seem in a similar position to me when I got mine, they are cheap compared to my Philips and don’t sound as good but they are wireless and work on all the consoles so I’m sticking with them - they sound much better on the Xbox compared to the PS4 for some reason and there are no wires for the kitten to chew!

As a set of wireless cans go I really like them.

5 hours ago, Underwurlde said:

Tell me this, anybody who ordered the 7x directly from SteelSeries.

How long did it take for the headset to be delivered?

I ordered last week and still haven't even had a dispatch email.

Mine turned up today after about a week. 

Very impressed so far. I don’t really know if they feel cheap but the most important thing is they’re light, very comfortable, and work well. All of that seems a boon. Impressed so far. 

17 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Mine turned up today after about a week. 

Very impressed so far. I don’t really know if they feel cheap but the most important thing is they’re light, very comfortable, and work well. All of that seems a boon. Impressed so far. 

Thanks Yiggy.

Did you get a dispatch message or did they just show up?

I ordered mine on the 29/10/2020 and haven't heard anything since.

Also glad to hear that you like them, i wanted a wireless headset that works on all platforms and these (to the best of my knowledge) are the only ones that fit the bill.

28 minutes ago, Underwurlde said:

Thanks Yiggy.

Did you get a dispatch message or did they just show up?

I ordered mine on the 29/10/2020 and haven't heard anything since.

Also glad to hear that you like them, i wanted a wireless headset that works on all platforms and these (to the best of my knowledge) are the only ones that fit the bill.

Sorry to say I got an order confirmation as soon as I placed the order and I got a dispatch notification the very next day. They arrived on the Friday. 

Sounds like the order may not have gone through so I would get in touch with them. 

E603BFEA-7575-4490-89C1-C157E7B61607.jpeg

I got the first confirmation but not the shipping one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took the order but have none in stock.

Worst thing is you can't even contact them without first creating an account, annoying.

Glad you think they're good auntyclimax, every headset needs 5hrs plus to burn in. (yes, i believe in burn in)

Just ordered the razer Kaira Xbox headset and got a nice £10 off for subscribing to the emails. £89.99 with free postage. I will post a bit of a review once I receive if anyone is interested. If you buy direct from Razer you also get the 2 year warranty. These are due out on the 13th Nov so its a pre order at the moment. There is also a pro version that cost a little bit more. 

https://www.razer.com/gb-en/console-headsets/razer-kaira-for-xbox/RZ04-03480100-R3M1?gclid=Cj0KCQiAy579BRCPARIsAB6QoIa-GmKSKEME_5j-ZNJvrnQv5DKrwKSBlwA-MiM3-b4093sqTlasLfAaAn1cEALw_wcB

With steelseries (or a new headset in general) i was hoping for one I could use multiplatform, for xbox series x and potentially ps5 or ps4

It seems the 7x are the only ones which work everywhere out of steelseries, I have argos vouchers but they don't sell them - they have the 9x.

Is the 9x likely to get any form of update for compatibility outside of xbox/PC? Or am I better off maybe selling the argos vouchers and just buying the 7x?

Anyone else using a pair of Astro’s A40 plus mixamp on the Xbox Series X? 

I’ve updated the mixamp and it basically sounds shit. Very tinny and just not full like they used to sound. 

Is there a better option than Astros now?