The Long Game: Rocket League

Hype: 

Little Nightmares 2

Hood: Outlaws & Legends

Animal Farm

Teardown

Lab Rat

Militsioner 

Round-up: Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2, The Climb 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Nour

Reviews:

Marvel’s Avengers - 6

Crusader Kings III - 9

Paradise Killer - 8

Pendragon - 7

I Am Dead - 7

A Monster’s Expedition - 8

Moon - 7

Tell Me Why - 5

Star Renegades - 5

Pleased to see Paradise Killer score highly, comfortably one of my games of the year. Very interested in Pendragon too, Inkle have yet to steer me wrong. And I've heard only good stuff about A Monster's Exhibition. A good month for indie games, all told!

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

That's a really harsh score for Tell Me Why.

I thought it was an important game, and probably DontNod's best game yet.

This post bears no relation to the dire game I played, which involved such powerful scenes as doing a stock check in a supermarket and sticking post-it notes on random bits of furniture. 4/10 at a push.

Say anyone having troubles getting their issues?

Never had any problems with myfavouritemagazines.co.uk, but ever since they changed to magazinesdirect.com, I'm having nothing but troubles. I ordered two issues of Retro Gamer Magazine, and one issue of Edge over a month ago, and none of them has arrived. And their customer service is a joke as well :angry: 

Jesus, that's an incredibly high score for the Avengers. Curious to read why they liked it so much. Matchmaking was (maybe stil is) beyond broken and it's the buggiest game I've ever played - and I have played Elder Scrolls on release. Playing through the entire thing, I didn't see or experience anything that warrants a fundamentally broken game getting an above average score - so I wonder what the reviewer saw in it.

55 minutes ago, PyramidFace said:

This post bears no relation to the dire game I played, which involved such powerful scenes as doing a stock check in a supermarket and sticking post-it notes on random bits of furniture. 4/10 at a push.

I played a contemplative, character lead game concerned with the power of memory, how your past shapes future relationships, and forgiveness.

It's incredibly well written, no game I can think of in recent memory allows its characters to breathe in the same way.

If you're after moment to moment dramatic gameplay and life-or-death choose your own adventure choices then obviously look elsewhere.

If you're after the gold standard in trans representation and a really well written, ruminative game then it's for you.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Jesus, that's an incredibly high score for the Avengers. Curious to read why they liked it so much. Matchmaking was (maybe stil is) beyond broken and it's the buggiest game I've ever played - and I have played Elder Scrolls on release. Playing through the entire thing, I didn't see or experience anything that warrants a fundamentally broken game getting an above average score - so I wonder what the reviewer saw in it.

Edge are exceptionally susceptible to compulsion loop games.

cf Destiny and Destiny 2.

38 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I played a contemplative, character lead game concerned with the power of memory, how your past shapes future relationships, and forgiveness.

It's incredibly well written, no game I can think of in recent memory allows its characters to breathe in the same way.

If you're after moment to moment dramatic gameplay and life-or-death choose your own adventure choices then obviously look elsewhere.

If you're after the gold standard in trans representation and a really well written, ruminative game then it's for you.

"Incredibly well written"? It's indecipherable from any of the MOR algorithmically generated dramas that roll off the Netflix conveyer belt every other minute. The devs thinking that's the high watermark of storytelling is embarrassing. And it plays like a medically induced coma.