PS4 - Play, Want & Bin - What have I missed?

With the PS5 arriving soon, I'm looking at titles I may have missed that I really should have played

I mainly enjoy JRPGs , Strategy, Narrative Story games & smaller indie titles. I don't like souls games, roguelike, horror & sports titles except Fifa.

Play (On the shelf to enjoy)

Desparados 3

Oninaki

Abzu

Shadow Tactics

Nier Automata

WarGroove

A Plagues Tale

Star Wars Squadron

Lost Sphear

Want (Waiting to buy)

Return of the Obra Din

I am Setsuna

Bin (I've tried them either I got bored or I hated it)

Bloodborne any souls like game, I suck at them.

Persona 5 - Just too damm long I got bored after 70 odd hours

XCOM 2 - Was enjoying the game until it corrupted my 20+ hour save file. I'm not starting again.

Completed

Long list so spoilered

Spoiler

Dragon Quest XI (PS4)

Death Stranding (PS4)

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PS4)
The Outer Worlds (PS4)

Concrete Genie (PS4)

The Last of Us 2 (PS4)

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4)

Erica (PS4)

Beyond Two Souls (PS4)

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS4)

Entwined (PS4)

Inside (PS4)
Burly Men at Sea (PS4)
Spider-Man (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4)
Children of Zodiarcs (PS4)
What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4)
Bulletstorm Full Clip (PS4)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
Mafia 3 (PS4)
Fifa 19 (PS4)
Dragon Quest Builders 2 ( PS4)
Days Gone (PS4)

Battlefield 1 (PS4)
Walking Dead New Frontier (PS4)
The Division (PS4)
Assassins Creed Origins (PS4)
Telltale Batman (PS4)
Mad Max (PS4)
Ni No Kuni 2 (PS4)
Stardew Valley (PS4)
Hidden Agenda (PS4)
God of War (PS4)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
Qube Directors Cut (PS4)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
Cities Skyline (PS4)

Lego Star Wars - The Force Awakens (PS4)
Destiny - Rise of Iron DLC (PS4)
World of Final Fantasy (PS4)
Tiny Troopers (PS4)
Costume Quest 2 (PS4)
Firewatch (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (PS4)
Letter Quest Remastered (PS4)
Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
Steamworld Dig (PS4)
Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4)
Destiny 2 (PS4)
Lego Avengers (PS4)
Uncharted Lost Legacy (PS4)

Lara Croft Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Metal Gear Solid V (PS4)
Game of Thrones - Telltale (PS4)
Batman Arkham Knight (PS4)
Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
This War of Mine (PS4)
Gone Home (PS4)
Telltale Walking Dead Michonne (PS4)
Diablo 3 (PS4)
Fifa16 (PS4)
No Man's Sky (PS4)
Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
Everybody's gone to the Rapture (PS4)
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)
Tales of the Borderlands (PS4)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Watch_Dogs (PS4)
Peggle 2 (PS4)
MGSV - Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Knack (PS4)
Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
CounterSpy (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
Journey (PS4)
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PS4)

Destiny (PS4)
Wolfenstein New Order (PS4)

Assassin Creed 4 (PS4)

Curiosity (Has anyone played any of these - thoughts please)

Night in the Woods

Frostpunk

Undertale

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Want Additions - Thanks to everyone for replies.

Mutant Year Zero

The Outer Wilds

Zero Escape - Nonary Games

Undertale

Gorogoa

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Journey to the Savage Planet

To Try

Yakuza

Gravity Rush

Last Guardian

Tetris Effect

2 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

This should be on everyone’s list

One of the games was given away recently on PS+ I watch my daughter drive around in a tractor GTA style causing chaos. She enjoyed it for a short while.

14 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Curiosity (Has anyone played any of these - thoughts please)

Zero Escape - Nonary Games

These are absolutely essential. I guess there's a chance you might not click with the style (visual novel combined with escape room / point-and-click puzzle sections) but both games included in the collection are way up there with my favourites. Both have branching narratives with so many twists and turns and proper WTF moments; if you're even a tiny bit intrigued by the concept (as you seem to be) I would say they are a must-buy, especially as they're often in PSN sales.

The third (Zero Time Dilemma) is sold separately and isn't as good, but still absolutely worth playing if you do play and enjoy the first two.

Of the stuff on your lists that I've played:

Nier: Automata

A Plagues Tale

Return of Obra Dinn

Are all fantastic - A Plagues Tale tires itself out before the end, but it's still a great game up to that point. 

Wargroove is a decent Advance Wars clone, but not as good. It suffers from having missions that go on too long. 

I'm playing Lost Sphear at the moment on the Switch - it's ok, but about as generic as old school JRPGs get. 

Night in the Woods and the Zero Escape games are also great fun. 

54 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I am Setsuna

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

I am Setsuna is a nice Chrono Trigger clone with old-school RPG dungeons and an incredibly dull soundtrack. Unless you really love pianos. Enjoyed it but it's not a patch on the original.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is an excellent hack and slash game. Looks gorgeous, sounds amazing, has multiple characters, and an interesting crafting system. However if the combat doesn't click within the first hour or so, this will become a gruelling slog instead, as Vanillaware are not exactly know for their variety once they find something that works. If you've ever played Muramasa, you kind of know what to expect here.

Return of the Obra Din is an essential experience. 

I've just started playing Days Gone this weekend after picking it up cheap on he PSN store over the summer. It's very entertaining so, unlike me, don;t be put off by the cliched look and description that delayed my getting into it...

It's Last of Us x RDR2 x Sons of Anarchy and, to be fair, doesn't really fit into your preferred game type (although it does have a half interesting story). I don't spend much time on the PS4 but this is definitely an exclusive highlight and I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable than the likes of the (possibly) more hyped God of War and Horizon, both of which I found to be exercises in tedium.

21 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is an excellent hack and slash game. Looks gorgeous, sounds amazing, has multiple characters, and an interesting crafting system. However if the combat doesn't click within the first hour or so, this will become a gruelling slog instead, as Vanillaware are not exactly know for their variety once they find something that works. If you've ever played Muramasa, you kind of know what to expect here.

Yeah, I found it very dull after a while. Think I lasted just long enough to complete 2 of the 5 stories, but there's just no variety and the stories themselves aren't sufficient to hold the attention. Looks lovely of course.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2

Imagine Assassin's Creed open world and mission structures, but instead of riding a horse you basically zoom and fall all around the map. One of the best exclusives.

The Last Guardian

Just an incredible game. Closer to ICO than Collosus in design, and just a great experience - nothing else quite like it anywhere else.

Another shout for the Yakuza series. 

Odin Sphere is one of my favourite games of all time, it looks and sounds so beautiful. I can however see how people can get bored of it. I find the combat highly addictive, but if you don’t, it’s not the game for you.

Looking through ther trophy list, these are the ones that I would really recommend  - I suppose they'd be the 8, 9, and 10/10s:

In order that I played them:

Spoiler

Bloodborne

Salt & Sanctuary

Journey

Driveclub

MGS V (and Ground Zeroes)

Invisible Inc.

The Witness

Gravity Rush Remastered

Dark Souls 3

Hyper Light Drifter

The Last Guardian

Not a Hero

Doom

Dragon Quest Builders

10 Second ninja X

Resogun

Persona 5

Rime

Deux Ex: Mankind Divided

Nex Machina

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Nier: Automata

Prey

Nioh

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Wipeout Omega Collection

Inside

Titanfall 2

Resident Evil 7

Undertale

Transistor

Shadow of the Colossus

XCom 2

Monster Hunter World

Rayman Legends

Dead Cells

Guacamelee 2

Hollow Knight

Gorogoa

Dark Souls Remastered

Celeste

Steamworld Dig 2

Tetris Effect

Sekiro

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Detention

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Arise: A Simple Story

Control

Journey to the Savage Planet

Streets of Rage 4

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

The Last of Us 2

Death Stranding

Nioh 2

Spelunky 2

That's some list for the last 5 years. And there's a ton more that I really liked as well. But yeah, get any of those if they sound like your sort of thing.

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

You seem to have ignored the Yakuza series. It's the best thing on the PS4. Start with Yakuza 0.

One of the Yakuza games was given away with PS+ recently will give it a try but for reference I do not like the Shenmue games so don't think I will enjoy Yakuza.

26 minutes ago, gospvg said:

One of the Yakuza games was given away with PS+ recently will give it a try but for reference I do not like the Shenmue games so don't think I will enjoy Yakuza.

They share DNA, but they're totally different in tone. Don't skip the sub stories - that's were the craziness and the true joy of Yakuza lies.

4 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I am Setsuna is a nice Chrono Trigger clone with old-school RPG dungeons and an incredibly dull soundtrack. Unless you really love pianos. Enjoyed it but it's not a patch on the original.

Thanks I will pass on Odin Sphere but will pick up Setsuna it looks loverly and is supposed to be short.

1 hour ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Is Genshin Impact going to work on the PS5?

If so it's free and i quite like that. 

I have also started to get into Nioh which is a bit Dark Souls Samurai-ish. 

Tried Nioh love the setting but too damm hard for me I suck at these soulslike games. Tried Genshin Impact story felt generic and was waiting for the grind/paywall to hit so I quit.

3 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Wargroove is dull. 

Oh dear, was hoping it will scratch my advance wars itch. I have it on physical so will give it a try at least.

4 hours ago, Mike S said:

Return of the Obra Din is an essential experience. 

I've just started playing Days Gone this weekend after picking it up cheap on he PSN store over the summer. It's very entertaining so, unlike me, don;t be put off by the cliched look and description that delayed my getting into it...

It's Last of Us x RDR2 x Sons of Anarchy and, to be fair, doesn't really fit into your preferred game type (although it does have a half interesting story). I don't spend much time on the PS4 but this is definitely an exclusive highlight and I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable than the likes of the (possibly) more hyped God of War and Horizon, both of which I found to be exercises in tedium.

I loved Days Gone, the soundtrack is really good. The hordes though! Run!

4 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Id recommend as @Billy Brownsaid everyone play the nonary games,i bought the first and second and ive just finished the second game ,and still got the first(and the best apparently) to go.

I dont even like reading stuff or solving puzzles in games but this has me hooked @gospvg

Why you playing it in reverse? Second before the first game?

16 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I’m a Satsuma is shite.

Return of the Obra Dinn is one of the best games I’ve played this gen. Also recommend The Outer Wilds if it’s on PS4.

Yes The Outer Wilds is a must, thanks.

I am Setsuna looks so good.