PS4 - Play, Want & Bin - What have I missed?

3 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Looking through ther trophy list, these are the ones that I would really recommend  - I suppose they'd be the 8, 9, and 10/10s:

That's some list for the last 5 years. And there's a ton more that I really liked as well. But yeah, get any of those if they sound like your sort of thing.

Sorry for late reply I've been looking through some vidoes/reviews on these

Salt & Sanctuary

Rime

Gorogoa

Detention

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Arise: A Simple Story

Journey to the Savage Planet

Any from the list above you think I would not enjoy?

53 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Why you playing it in reverse? Second before the first game?

I don't think its a trilogy and/or any of the games are linked but i may be wrong.and i bought the game thinking it was just one game :lol: but you get the first too.

The characters are brilliant and there are some brilliant moments in the story. 

25 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

You don't like Souls games, don't get Salt & Sanctuary. It's a 2D platformer Souls game.

Rime is pretty but empty.

Thanks I'l skip those two.

18 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

I don't think its a trilogy and/or any of the games are linked but i may be wrong.and i bought the game thinking it was just one game :lol: but you get the first too.

Thanks we have similar tastes so I will definelty be getting Zero Escape

41 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

21 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Thanks we have similar tastes so I will definelty be getting Zero Escape

I would personally advise playing them in order. There are a couple of neat touches you'll appreciate if you play 999 before Virtue's Last Reward.

12 hours ago, BossSaru said:

I do not see Soma on your list. It has some horror vibes, but the 'peril' element can be switched off. It was on PS+, too, and is a great game to play through on a dark evening.

Soma is a survival horror video game

Oooh no chance I hate horror games.

17 hours ago, gospvg said:

Sorry for late reply I've been looking through some vidoes/reviews on these

Salt & Sanctuary

Rime

Gorogoa

Detention

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Arise: A Simple Story

Journey to the Savage Planet

Any from the list above you think I would not enjoy?

Of those I've played, I'd prioritise:

Journey to the Savage Planet (a relatively short Metroid Prime-alike with a great sense of humour. One of my favourite games of the year)

Sayonara Wild Hearts (It'll only take you an hour to play through it, but think of it as listening to a music album - I've completed it about 3 times)

Gorogoa (An interesting perspective based puzzle game. Very relaxing)

Give Salt and Sanctuary and Rime a miss. 

1 minute ago, Welrain said:

Omg the thread title brought back so many memories...lol. UGVM 4 life.

Yay! I'm glad someone got the PWB reference :wub:

On 12/10/2020 at 12:57, gospvg said:

One of the Yakuza games was given away with PS+ recently will give it a try but for reference I do not like the Shenmue games so don't think I will enjoy Yakuza.

The series has very little in common with Shenmue. It's better to think of the games as narrative heavy JRPGs with real time battles similar to an action game. In addition to this and where the games come into their own are a pile of side stories/missions where the series shows it's less serious side.

To add I just found it odd that you like JRPG's and narrative heavy games and haven't bothered to play any games in a series that should satisfy that criteria.

On 13/10/2020 at 08:52, mdn2 said:

Journey to the Savage Planet (a relatively short Metroid Prime-alike with a great sense of humour. One of my favourite games of the year)

It’s great fun in co-op.

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

The series has very little in common with Shenmue. It's better to think of the games as narrative heavy JRPGs with real time battles similar to an action game. In addition to this and where the games come into their own are a pile of side stories/missions where the series shows it's less serious side.

To add I just found it odd that you like JRPG's and narrative heavy games and haven't bothered to play any games in a series that should satisfy that criteria.

I will certainly give it a try it deserves that and maybe like you say it will click, I like turn based combat in JRPGs so the latest game Yakuza 6 definetly has me interested will be getting that on PS5.

26 minutes ago, The Bag said:

It’s great fun in co-op.

Local Co-op? Is the game ok to play with the kids?

11 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Local Co-op? Is the game ok to play with the kids?

Online only I think.  I don’t have kids but I can’t think of anything objectionable in there.

8 minutes ago, The Bag said:

Online only I think.  I don’t have kids but I can’t think of anything objectionable in there.

Wish there was more local co-op games, thanks to mainly this list I now have the following to enjoy on the PS5.

Sorry I could not resist on Lost Sphear. Also purchased Nonary Games, Monster Hunter World, Gorogoa & Sayonara Wild Hearts.

image.png

Who needs launch games for the PS5, not me :lol:

22 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Don’t see Tetris Effect on your list

Never played it, will go take a look at some reviews.

On 16/10/2020 at 17:55, sir stiff_one said:

It’s on game pass next month if that is of any use to you

Nope I don’t have an Xbox yet but once the single player exclusives arrive in a few years from Obsidian & Bethesda then I can see me needing an Xbox Series X

On 12/10/2020 at 09:19, gospvg said:

Play (On the shelf to enjoy)

Desparados 3

Oninaki

Abzu

Shadow Tactics

Nier Automata

WarGroove

A Plagues Tale

Star Wars Squadron

Lost Sphear

Automata's worth playing with the caveat I always mention - it's an action RPG, linked to an older action RPG from 2010, which itself is a spinoff from a series of action RPGs. So there will be levelling up, customisation and sidequesting alongside Platinum-quality combat. It's still great - it was my game of the year for '17 - but you'll be disappointed if you go into it expecting a character action vessel. :) 

7 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Automata's worth playing with the caveat I always mention - it's an action RPG, linked to an older action RPG from 2010, which itself is a spinoff from a series of action RPGs. So there will be levelling up, customisation and sidequesting alongside Platinum-quality combat. It's still great - it was my game of the year for '17 - but you'll be disappointed if you go into it expecting a character action vessel. :) 

Automata for me is a curiosity to try, if it clicks with me I’ll enjoy playing it if not then I’ll move onto something else.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2020 at 08:52, mdn2 said:

Sayonara Wild Hearts (It'll only take you an hour to play through it, but think of it as listening to a music album - I've completed it about 3 times)

Played this yesterday, Its a short experience just over an hour to play through this musical album. Game play has different sections on endless running, shooting, flying & driving. There is a score challenge to get gold rank on the stages which is very difficult to do on the first attempt but can be achieved with multiple playthroughs. There were a couple of sections I kept getting stuck on especially Stereo Lovers so I skipped those sections first time round. Great soundtrack thanks for the suggestion.