IGNORED

Amiga Mini on the Way.

Nathan Wind

4 hours ago, strider said:

Project X is really not very good.

I remember being very excited to play it. It looked to me at the time just like an arcade shoot em up.

I didn’t even like arcade shoot em ups. I liked Project X even less. A classic example of European developers trying to ape something Japanese developers were doing successfully but missing the point.

Do you think there will be sound issues with this? One thing I've noticed whenever I've tried Amiga emulation is that the sound is often very crackly. It's possibly because I've never messed around with the WinUAE settings particularly, to try and get it sounding better. Is it fairly simple to put right if you know what you're doing? It seems to be something that's always been an issue with WinUAE for as far back as I can remember using it, which is like 25 years or something probably. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if later firmware updates allowed you to integrate your USB additions with box art etc. It all seems intuitive enough though, looking forward to it.

57 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

It would be nice if later firmware updates allowed you to integrate your USB additions with box art etc. It all seems intuitive enough though, looking forward to it.

There's no sign of a firmware update.hack on the website yet but coudl have sworn they did it with the C64 mini.

16 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

I would like to see that too. It sounds weird, but a huge part of the appeal of emulators for me is having all the games neatly organised, in the right order, with the right box art, and with proper file names rather than "xX_SuperCArs_2_1_disk_galahad_hack.whd". It's the digital equivalent of having them all on a shelf.

If the bundled games are nicely laid out, but the additional ones are all in one folder in a big text list, then that's going to annoy me a bit. There must be a way of adding extra games in a more seamless way.

Has there been anything on the scanline and CRT options for the Amiga mini? The scanline options for the Amiga emulators I've used have generally been fairly primitive.

22 minutes ago, K said:

Has there been anything on the scanline and CRT options for the Amiga mini? The scanline options for the Amiga emulators I've used have generally been fairly primitive.

MetalJesusRocks shows them off a bit but pretty basic stuff.

1 hour ago, K said:

I would like to see that too. It sounds weird, but a huge part of the appeal of emulators for me is having all the games neatly organised, in the right order, with the right box art, and with proper file names rather than "xX_SuperCArs_2_1_disk_galahad_hack.whd". It's the digital equivalent of having them all on a shelf.

If the bundled games are nicely laid out, but the additional ones are all in one folder in a big text list, then that's going to annoy me a bit. There must be a way of adding extra games in a more seamless way.

Yeah, that's exactly it. For most of us it's either too late or impractical to have shelves and shelves taken up with the real thing, so having a digital library which you can curate and organise with all the right box art and screen shots can be an important part of the retro experience. I imagine those of us who are willing to shell out for these mini consoles are the very people who would care about this stuff too. It would be a welcome addition but if the official team don't offer it, I'm sure some inquisitive coders will work their magic post-release. :)

Was close to getting this (and i still might, when it's cheaper) but i've been having a blast with amigalive.co.uk

Play practically any amiga game on your pc without hassle and it even supports multiplayer.

6 hours ago, K said:

The mister is perfect for those who love Amiga scanlines 

This should be out now, shouldn't it?

None of you 'orrible lot got one?

Keep getting tempted myself as I see the blog reviews and Youtube vids starting to appear. Haven't actually watched any of them yet though so not sure what the consensus is. The fact that apparently it's dead easy to add your own games in WHD format makes it much more appealing that I thought it was.

Only problem - for me, anyway - is that I've played most of the games I'd want to play on it, fairly comprehensively, over the last few years thanks to my time working at Antstream. I can see that they've gone out of their way to get a few games on there which aren't on Antstream, like Lost Patrol and Stunt Car Racer, but the crossover is still close to 70% (due to both companies having the same person in charge of licensing, of course). 

On 21/03/2022 at 21:37, ulala said:

oh god not that guy!

8 bit guy! Youtuber careerist. When he opens up the mini, there is so much space, I used to joke that the innards of a computer were a hamster on a wheel, now it really looks like it.