Furiosa

JohnC

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've now got a synopsis. Immortan Joe will play a part, as will Dementus, who was apparently mentioned in the 2015 game.

As the world fell, young Furiosa is snatched from the Green Place of Many Mothers and falls into the hands of a great Biker Horde led by the Warlord Dementus. Sweeping through the Wasteland they come across the Citadel presided over by The Immortan Joe. While the two Tyrants war for dominance, Furiosa must survive many trials as she puts together the means to find her way home.

I'm sure the design and action and everything will be baller AF but prequels always have lower stakes and it'll suffer from the lack of Charlize Theron.

ATJ is a flavour of the month, by the time the movie comes out she won't be, but she'll still look like a greylien.

Wait, he’s called Immortan Joe? Tell me I’m not the only one who thought it was Immortal Joe?!

Also I had no idea Charlize Theron won’t be reprising her role. Perhaps I’m jumping the gun, considering Tom Hardy’s extremely successful reinterpretation of Max in the same movie, but I dare say *checks…* Anya Taylor Joy has her work cut out for her, brilliant as she is. 

On 27/06/2022 at 09:16, Broker said:

Fucking prequels man. Is this directed by George Miller?

Good news for the prequel-sceptics! George Miller thought up the story while working on Fury Road as material to flesh out the character for Charlize Theron. He thought it was such a cool story he actually gave to to a Japanese animator to conceptualise as an anime film. They didn’t get very far in the process, basically only producing a few bits of concept art, but it was at this point Miller knew it was something he wanted to direct himself rather than letting someone else have.

You can find this art of Furiosa around on the Internet now, there’s a handful out there if you’re curious. More pertinently though, this is very much a passion project for George Miller, not a cash-in demanded by studio execs, which is very promising indeed!