Grand Theft Auto VI - Leaking all over the place

Broker

I got the impression from the trailer that you’ll have two characters at the same time, probably controlling the lady but the dude sticks with you all the time like Ellie in Last of Us or something. You’ve had buddies accompany you before in GTA mission but maybe this time it will be a full time feature.

Anyway, I’m not expecting major changes to the formula but that doesn’t worry me. The best thing about Rockstar is the world you’re in. Even Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk can’t match GTAV or Red Dead 2 in the way it’s all so alive.

2 hours ago, amc said:

To clarify, a daft unnuanced lol at the end of my post doesn't convey how I think this person, kid or no, should or should not be treated or any glee. Just that if whoever did hack Take Two are based in the UK they are pretty much fucked and it's perhaps slightly comically naïve. You'd need to be watertight to pull off such an audacious and high profile hack from a prosecution friendly country. 

lol.

I can’t imagine what media this hacker has been consuming to think you can commit crimes and the authorities will quickly forget about it because they can’t see you, allowing you to avoid any potential consequences.

3 hours ago, Broker said:

I’d be interested to hear what kind of mechanics you’d point out that they’ve added. To me it feels like they added a lot of mechanics in San Andreas, but since then there’s been very little added. The core of shooting and driving has been improved steadily, but there’s not loads of other stuff going on and in comparison to other open world games, it feels a bit light to me, but maybe there’s stuff I’m forgetting or not focusing on.

GTAV added the ability for two vehicles to be connected together, as with the tow truck and cargobob, and cars in the world having trailers. This was used for missions, but also the player was given these tools, so that if they wanted to cargobob a random pedestrian car and yeet it into the ocean with them still in it, they could. You also had the stuff with petrol trails, also used for missions like where you blow up the meth lab, but also they just gave you a petrol can so you could use it whenever, there's never really been much truth to the idea that the missions all involve bespoke mechanics that the player doesn't get to use in other contexts. Plus the whole underwater stuff, etc.

It's been mentioned they've been borrowing from RP, and this involves features like being able to detain people, throw them in car boots and so on, probably involving an expanded version of the RDR2 pedestrian interaction system.

I'm wondering if single-player will actually involve co-op and multiplayer elements that can either be AI controlled or include online invites a la Dark Souls.
So you could co-op missions with a buddy and also invite in other players for heist missions.

I hope that this has some of that UE5 matrix demo style tracking of the npc's and vehicles so you don't get that annoying thing of cars disappearing and bizarrely empty main roads on occasion. 

Even more unrealistically I want to actually be able to choose how I do my crime and to not have too many missions that are a drive to a checkpoint/ circular light on the floor and shoot some people and then drive to another circle on the floor. 

And I really want to have less of the ludonarrative dissonance between "story" and acting like a lunatic/ earning money outside of the actual story missions.  But I really doubt that one. 

I'm obviously still buying it on launch day but I can hope and dream (unrealistically).

3 minutes ago, b00dles said:

I hope that this has some of that UE5 matrix demo style tracking of the npc's and vehicles so you don't get that annoying thing of cars disappearing and bizarrely empty main roads on occasion. 

I'm sure like every developer for the last 20 years they'll tell journalists that every civilian has their own life and purpose. That they go about their business even when you're not there. And as such that all cars are full journeys.

And journalists repeat it. As if it might actually be a thing. They shovel this shit. They review and never mention that it's bullshit.

And then the game is played for 3 seconds by the player and all that crap happens again.

To be clear I don't really care if the cars and pedestrians are just shallow temporary things in games. I care that developers lie about it and journalists won't question it for free of ruining the illusion or something I guess.

28 minutes ago, amc said:

I doubt we'll be seeing many of those kind of takes from those types. They'll be more than happy running around the streets staring at the game model.

I'd imagine anyway.

mate, casting the protagonist as Latina in a town that's 70% hispanic is clearly virtue-signaling woke propaganda being forced down our throats /s

Sadly, i'm sure there are already mouth-breathers complaining about it online

edit: surprise surprise

Probably. Think there's a good crossover with that type of whinging tit and the type of beaut who is sincere in their vocal declaration of admiration with 3D "Dat ass". 😬

I reckon it will cause sparks to fly in the brains of a good chunk of those who usually deride none white/male leads, a lot of the same twonks also cry about the lack of sexy avatars. That was painful to type.

But yeah, they'll still probably be plenty of worthless nonsense bemoaning the protag's ethnicity.

9 hours ago, wullie said:

Has anyone actually gone broke from being woke? I'd hate for this to be the first time I question the sturdy wisdom of Nick Sabella 29.

Captain Marvel and Black Panther both did pretty well right? I feel like a better phrase might be “Go woke, get free publicity of dubious quality when angry manchildren organise review bombing of your product”.

3 minutes ago, Broker said:

Captain Marvel and Black Panther both did pretty well right? I feel like a better phrase might be “Go woke, get free publicity of dubious quality when angry manchildren organise review bombing of your product”.

Nike and Pepsi were threatened with boycotts when they threw their weight behind BLM in ads. Share prices ended up at all-time highs.

9 hours ago, wullie said:

Has anyone actually gone broke from being woke? I'd hate for this to be the first time I question the sturdy wisdom of Nick Sabella 29.

All those Netflix employees?

I guess the Ghostbusters reboot never really recovered from the incel backlash? Though I don’t think it reviewed that well independently of that.

The idea that the next GTA might not be the most successful game in the world seems unlikely though, let alone that it could flop. 

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It was also 9 years ago.

Has racism and misogyny got worse in the last 9 years then, do you think? Or is it just that these idiots have more of a voice now?

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

Has racism and misogyny got worse in the last 9 years then, do you think? Or is it just that these idiots have more of a voice now?

It has been stirred up more, with more of the "culture wars" stuff being used as political tools and the like.

I guess I'm in a minority then as when possible, I always choose a female character. No idea why, other than I just prefer it. 

As for these leaks, I haven't ever really seen dev footage or those kind of tools before. That car chase in particular with all the weird tracking boxes and lines, makes me impressed that these things ever become one whole piece and get released. It's mind boggling to my tiny brain. 

29 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I guess I'm in a minority then as when possible, I always choose a female character. No idea why, other than I just prefer it. 

As for these leaks, I haven't ever really seen dev footage or those kind of tools before. That car chase in particular with all the weird tracking boxes and lines, makes me impressed that these things ever become one whole piece and get released. It's mind boggling to my tiny brain. 

I almost alway play a female character because of they're voiced or their character expresses themselves then they are always much less aggressive or shithead-y.

I'll always choose female characters as I prefer looking at women, even in digital form. Would love to say it was for some more progressive reason, but they are just more aesthetically pleasing then yet another bald grunting space marine. Maybe I wouldn't default to the girls if there was a little more variety put into the design of the guys. When I used to stream on Twitch the amount of crybabies (usually Americans) that couldn't understand why I had a female character so reacted in the predictable aggressive way was insane. So pathetic.

Lets never forget that one of the best acted selectable protagonists in any game ever was female too - Kassandra from Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Ultimate badass.