Grand Theft Auto VI - Leaking all over the place

Broker

1 minute ago, footle said:

If it’s from slack, and not insider or a failure of rockstar security, then it’s the end of their business. It won’t simply be “bad press”.

Well no, it won't be, as the line between failure of Slack and failure of Rockstar's security can be pretty fine.

5 minutes ago, hub2 said:

Not sure why people are saying this doesn't look good. From a few videos I watched which were set outside, it looks quite nice.

I also quite like the Bonnie & Clyde thing they seem to be going for, but who knows if that's how the dynamic works.

Yeah I think it looks really nice, obviously there's unfinished parts but it has nice models and pretty decent lighting for an early build. This shot is from 2019 and looks good to me.

1119155384_Americas2022-07-2008-34-27.mp4_snapshot_00_01_529.thumb.jpg.e9bbcb125b6712c6ece23fecd33f3094.jpg

The buildings in this one look gorgeous:

809279944_Americas2022-04-0615-55-26.mp4_snapshot_01_32_256.thumb.jpg.39846bf86f2ae6dc97548dcb8198ce21.jpg

The interiors look lovely, though obviously the NPC models are placeholders

2035783333_Americas2021-12-1710-31-22.mp4_snapshot_00_01_724.thumb.jpg.f1956aa966b9d1c14baa325559010e4f.jpg

Draw distance looks nice enough:

1015161257_Americas2022-05-2513-29-33.mp4_snapshot_00_12_026.thumb.jpg.92d548d8d68a014dfa497472607ea7f9.jpg

1283763849_Americas2022-06-2714-52-04.mp4_snapshot_00_01_657.thumb.jpg.e7b9901c4e9ab1995d2a7c64007fd54a.jpg

• Broker changed the title to Grand Theft Auto VI - Leaking all over the place

Looks like another map where I'll be happy to spend thousands of real life hours crashing about in.

I'm more interested in the next iteration of GTA Online though, so hopefully there will be some leaks regarding that soon.

47 minutes ago, footle said:

If it’s from slack, and not insider or a failure of rockstar security, then it’s the end of their business. It won’t simply be “bad press”.

It'll be interesting finding out how this was done. I don't think Slack will be  compromised, or they'd have a lot more juicer stuff, but maybe some sort of man-in-the-middle thing where they've managed to capture any media being uploaded to a specific channel from one user's machine.

2 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is it California again, then, or further south?

There's Vice City references. Including Vice City Metro and airboats you would see in that general area.

But there's also references to "Americas" so maybe more than Vice City/Florida.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

There's Vice City references. Including Vice City Metro and airboats you would see in that general area.

Just now, Broker said:

It's Vice City

Just now, robotattack said:

Vice City

Ah, of course! I thought it looked a bit flat... Hopefully, if it does take you over to Cuba or Mexico or somewhere there'll be more room to vary the scenery.

Man, this is a big ol' leak, huh? Rockstar must be raging.

I don't know how I feel about this sort of thing, really. On the one hand it is interesting to see all the development going on, and to have speculation confirmed, but it definitely does spoil the surprise. I mean, obviously :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Captain Kelsten said:

Did anyone want or expect any different?

The stuff they’ve got going on with the animation is pretty impressive. 

It’s tough because it doesn’t look like that massive of a leap over previous games they’ve made but their games look so much better than most other games already. 

9 minutes ago, Broker said:

Schreier says he’s confirmed with Rockstar sources that it’s real

When he says it’s a nightmare for Rockstar, what does he mean? Obviously they’ll want to find out who’s behind the leak and how it was done, but how will it affect them negatively?

7 minutes ago, JPL said:

When he says it’s a nightmare for Rockstar, what does he mean? Obviously they’ll want to find out who’s behind the leak and how it was done, but how will it affect them negatively?

It’s not a great first impression, a lot of the assets are clearly big report videos, which isn’t the first impression they’ll be wanting. 

I thought it was a nightmare for Rockstar because the hack has revealed the source code too, no?

I worry for this game now, sadly. It's going to be years before it's released now - way longer than originally touted.

9 minutes ago, JPL said:

It's the same as seeing a film without the VFX and final polish in place, not exactly representative of what you'd actually be paying money for when it is release ready. Plus, the average consumer is an idiot so can't see things without the makeup slapped on without jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Interesting leak anyway, looks pretty great for something nowhere near final.

Just now, Simmy said:

I thought it was a nightmare for Rockstar because the hack has revealed the source code too, no?

I worry for this game now, sadly. It's going to be years before it's released now - way longer than originally touted.

The leaker said he had the source code, and he posted shots of it that seem to confirm that, but it hasn’t been posted.

Whilst a source code leak is a security nightmare, which I guess could delay online plans, I can’t see anything delaying a production which has reportedly cost $700 million so far. 

39 minutes ago, Broker said:

It’s not a great first impression, a lot of the assets are clearly big report videos, which isn’t the first impression they’ll be wanting. 

I understand it’s not the first impression they wanted, but it’s not going to stop anyone from buying it when it finally comes out.

Losing the source code sounds like more of a nightmare though.

40 minutes ago, Simmy said:

What makes you think it’s going to take way longer to be released now?