IGNORED

Turn your New 3DSXL or New 2DSXL into a fantastic emulation machine.

dumpster

Silly question here. I've successfully ripped a cartridge onto the 3DS menu using Godmode9. Nice and easy, although a bit slow. I don't have the save from the cartridge though, and can't find anything saying how to get that across too. How do I do that?

On 19/03/2022 at 18:31, Phantoon said:

Silly question here. I've successfully ripped a cartridge onto the 3DS menu using Godmode9. Nice and easy, although a bit slow. I don't have the save from the cartridge though, and can't find anything saying how to get that across too. How do I do that?

Use this version of Checkpoint (the .3dsx file, placed in the 3ds folder on your SD card and booted with the Homebrew Launcher):

https://github.com/FlagBrew/Checkpoint/releases/tag/v3.7.4

Can you use checkpoint to move saves from system to system? We have a 2DS and 3DS both with CFW and would be handy to share the save files of some games 

I've successfully CFWed my old 3DS, but when I went to put in a new SD Card today all my game tiles* are gone. I read the FAQ and it says to format to FAT32 (which I did, using Rufus) and copied the files over.

What did I miss?

*Again, games I'd already bought before I CFWed the thing.

On 28/03/2022 at 22:27, ilpostino said:

I've successfully CFWed my old 3DS, but when I went to put in a new SD Card today all my game tiles* are gone. I read the FAQ and it says to format to FAT32 (which I did, using Rufus) and copied the files over.

What did I miss?

*Again, games I'd already bought before I CFWed the thing.

Your games are on the SD Card, so if you replace that card with a new one, you'll need to copy your old games to the new card. 

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

Your games are on the SD Card, so if you replace that card with a new one, you'll need to copy your old games to the new card. 

I did, I copied everything over. Every directory and file in the card.

3 hours ago, ilpostino said:

I did, I copied everything over. Every directory and file in the card.

After you formatted it to FAT32 and before putting the games on, did you put it in the 3DS and let it put the file structure there? I don't know it it makes any difference.

1 minute ago, Phantoon said:

After you formatted it to FAT32 and before putting the games on, did you put it in the 3DS and let it put the file structure there? I don't know it it makes any difference.

No, I didn't. I'll give that a go. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still struggling with Retroarch and various bits..

Finding the standalone emulators such as Picodrive work better than Retroarch, but I’ve just whacked a load of roms into my Megadrive folder and they’re not visible on Picodrive, but can obviously see them via file directory and Retroarch (same issue with Gameboy emulator - not seeing additional Roms…)

Retroarch - I can only randomly get the Atari 2600 to work via Retroarch (without front end) but absolutely everything else seems to crap out with bad dump error message - Amstrad, MSX, Mame (early roms so nothing too intensive) - front end versions - Mame etc - aren’t having it and the Speccy front end wants to use an Amstrad core and won’t let me change to the Speccy core…

Updatijg all the cores to see if that helps, but any advice much appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick question - does anyone know if it’s safe to update 3DS games I’ve got ripped to my hacked 3DS? A few are now showing they need an update and worried about bricking things…

4 hours ago, luth714 said:

Another quick question - does anyone know if it’s safe to update 3DS games I’ve got ripped to my hacked 3DS? A few are now showing they need an update and worried about bricking things…

Yeh it's safe. Iv done it loads. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about hacking my old 3DS XL. It's currently linked to my main Nintendo account.

I may have a few things that I've bought digitally on my 3DS XL, but probably not much. I'm on old firmware at the moment so can't log in to the store to check.

I wouldn't want my NNID to be banned as I have hundreds of pounds worth of Wii U and Switch stuff that I've bought and would hate to lose.

Am I worrying about nothing? I can't see how to remove my NNID from the console other than to restore to factory settings.

You could just delete the network settings so it can’t phone home. If you’re on firmware 11.14 or below (I think) you don’t need anything from the eshop to hack it. 

if you’re above that then you grab this Pokémon picross game then delete the wifi settings. 

alternatively if you’re gonna hack it anyway you can always redownload what you’ve bought guilt free after a full reset. 

edit: you don’t have to log in to the store to check. 

3ds.hacks.guide

F9C88B79-4818-454B-AB94-0A7F51E2DAFB.jpeg.f662d6a90b54472e06ecc7b880086add.jpeg

I'm on 9.9.0-26E. What you say makes sense, I'll delete the network settings. I think a full system reset is probably the way to go for piece of mind, as I'd probably like to be able to connect to the shop. I'll look up whether to hack and then system reset, or system reset first.

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I would delete network settings, do a full reset then start the hack from a clean slate. 

I'd leave the network settings WELL ALONE if you are planning to restore the system, as on SOME firmwares, it asks you to sign into the internet, to delete the system and restore to factory... arse about face!