Mass Effect Legendary Edition

This has been rumoured for ages but it’s just been rated in Korea. 

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated the unannounced Mass Effect Legendary Edition. 

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is rumored to be the name of the Mass Effect remaster trilogy including Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3. While still not officially announced, it is said to be have been delayed from a previously planned late 2020 release to early 2021.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/mass-effect-legendary-edition-rated-in-korea

Mass Effect 2 and 3 are some of my favourite games of all time, 2 especially! I really hope this remastered collection has received lots of TLC. Although apparently the delay was so that they could further improve ME1.

Mass Effect remains my favourite game, I refer to all 3 as one game.

If they don’t do a significant overhaul like Shadow of the colossus PS3-PS4 then they only have themselves to blame for the backlash. If they think they can get away with just releasing the pc ports and unlocking e frame rate and resolution then they are sorely mistaken.

I have zero faith in them to deliver.

8 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Mass Effect remains my favourite game, I refer to all 3 as one game.

If they don’t do a significant overhaul like Shadow of the colossus PS3-PS4 then they only have themselves to blame for the backlash. If they think they can get away with just releasing the pc ports and unlocking e frame rate and resolution then they are sorely mistaken.

I have zero faith in them to deliver.

I'm keen to see what they do with, but like you I have no reason to believe this is anything other than a bit of a quick cash-grab.

Bloody hope it's not though - if it is shite, then that really does scupper anything else being done with the franchise and as someone who really does like Andromeda, that would be sad.

I recently watched the first trailer for ME1 on youtube, the one you could download on your 360 from the marketplace, were Shepard looked a bit jank. Man that trailer gave/gives me goosebumps. Looked absolutely SCI-FI to fuck. Used to watch it over and over, along with Assassin's Creed's trailer and Too Human lol.

The game didn't disappoint.

Good times.

EDIT. Oh and that led to me watching the 3rd game's trailer, the one in Big Ben. I remember that causing a lot of debate on this ol' forum. Lots of speculation after the teaser dropped and we saw the sniper in the clock face.

Good times2.

I'll be surprised if this is anything more than higher resolutions, tidied up textures and maybe some QOL improvements mostly to the original Mass Effect to bring it more in line with the last two.

It doesn't seem like there's been enough development time (or the willingness/resources at EA) for a Bluepoint style lavish remake for all 3 games.

If you have even a reasonable PC you'll get the best experience on that* - there are already mods* available to improve the texture quality, the games looks stunning in 4k60. :)

*Getting the mods all installed correctly can be a bit of a faff.

2 hours ago, Spacehost said:

I think some hate filled online backlash for not completely remaking three 60 hour RPGs and all their DLC from the ground up the same way one studio did for a 5-hour adventure game is some entitled crybaby gamer bullshit, frankly.

You make them sound like they’re open world behemoths, and that’s not really the case. I finished the first game in 14 hours but I grant you , I did do my 5th playthrough in over 60 hours.

It also runs on the unreal engine. 

Didn't they fuck up the lighting in the Arkham games when they brought them to the new version of Unreal Engine on the new consoles? Didn't change anything else at all and the games looked completely different?

Edit - Ah, they redid the textures, upgraded the character models and accidentally fucked up the lighting.

Just now, rafaqat said:

Yeah it's the only one I've played so far.  Don't hit me.

I still maintain that 2 has the best "Pre title card" sequence in any form of entertainment. Quite jealous you get that fresh.

3 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

I’m one of those weirdos that hasn’t played any of them. How does the original 360 game hold up? Is it 4K on Xbone X? 

None of them are enhanced iirc so it's just the 360 version running at whatever low resolution it was back then.

26 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

You make them sound like they’re open world behemoths, and that’s not really the case. I finished the first game in 14 hours but I grant you , I did do my 5th playthrough in over 60 hours.

It also runs on the unreal engine. 

What does running on Unreal Engine have to do with anything? EA stopped using UE for games about five years back, two major engine revisions ago.

Assuming the engine isn’t the problem- and it is, absolutely, a problem, none of what was done on the first games can Ctrl-Ved into Frostbite 3- they’d need to redo all the content to meet your goal of a ground up remake; textures, models, mocap, animation, voice acting and effects, rebuilding the dynamic audio, relicensing audio and dialogue, likeness rights. That’s years of work and tens of millions of dollars per game.

If people start throwing a shitfit and harassing developers again because it isn’t some glorious FFVII reimagining of the game I’ll be livid. I’d adore it if it WAS done, but it’s crazy to go mental because EA didn’t punt $60mil into a ten year old RPG re-release they’re selling for £30.