IGNORED

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Fargo

2 hours ago, Wiper said:

The correct ending is always going to be Now Joker's Hat Has Circuitry Running Through It For Some Reason.

(I mean, the actual correct ending is obviously the Fuck This, I Guess We're All Dead Then ending, but I've not reached the end of the game since they patched that one in, so)

If you play that one right, Shepard gives a great speech to the catalyst. 

The green ending is crap and seems harder to get in this version of the game. Probably with the omission of the multiplayer. 
The choice of Control or Destroy is what it's all about. The job gets done but not without sacrifice. 

Ok i was wanting to start this as I only ever played ME2. 

There's an offer EA play subscription on PSN for only 87p for  the first  month so I though I could do ME1 in that time and if i wanted to continue, go for the £5  a month sub. 

Cheaper than buying it outright, and I like  the feeling of ripping off EA. 

Not a bad plan; ME1 is the shortest of the lot (part of why it's my favourite), finishable in 12 hours or so, so you'll likely be able to get well on your way through the series in that first month! ME3 is more than the sum of ME1 and ME2, and particularly hefty with the DLC included, so that's the one that will take your time up if you stick with it.

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

The green ending is crap and seems harder to get in this version of the game. Probably with the omission of the multiplayer. 
The choice of Control or Destroy is what it's all about. The job gets done but not without sacrifice. 

Its easy! You just need over 7800 War Asset points, which means you have to do every side quest in the game as there are only (iirc) 8000 total War Asset points. And lots of them are missable, because their associated quests will disappear if you do certain story missions before they are complete. Also to achieve this you must ally the geth with the quarians, which is only possible if you destroy the heretics in ME2 and both Legion and Tali survive. In fact, you need almost 100% crew member survival from ME2 because most of the surviving crew have associated missions/ quests in ME3 that give you War Assets.

35 minutes ago, bumgut said:

Ok i was wanting to start this as I only ever played ME2. 

There's an offer EA play subscription on PSN for only 87p for  the first  month so I though I could do ME1 in that time and if i wanted to continue, go for the £5  a month sub. 

Cheaper than buying it outright, and I like  the feeling of ripping off EA. 

If you have any access to a cheap copy of the Legendary Edition I highly recommend it. It's not revolutionary, but I do feel it's the best way to play them because there have been some QOL updates and graphics/ performance is better.

IMO ME2 is the weakest one, so you're in for a treat.

13 hours ago, Wiper said:

Not a bad plan; ME1 is the shortest of the lot (part of why it's my favourite), finishable in 12 hours or so, so you'll likely be able to get well on your way through the series in that first month! ME3 is more than the sum of ME1 and ME2, and particularly hefty with the DLC included, so that's the one that will take your time up if you stick with it.

WTF??  Its only 12 hours long????  Presumably that excludes side missions/menial tasks?

I should be savouring it more then, I'm over 5 hours into it and I thought I would be at it for like 40 hours!

45 minutes ago, bumgut said:

WTF??  Its only 12 hours long????  Presumably that excludes side missions/menial tasks?

I should be savouring it more then, I'm over 5 hours into it and I thought I would be at it for like 40 hours!

If you really mainline the story it can be done in less than 10 hours.  There's a lot of side stuff, but it is very samey. Some of it is worth doing for backstory into Cerberus and the like. 

Even doing every side quest, exploring planets etc will only take you to around 20 hours. It's a short, focussed RPG with a story to tell, and all the better for it. Which also makes it a pleasure to replay.

I wish more modern RPGs followed its lead! 

Fuck This, I Guess We're All Dead Then 

Is the only ending that makes any narrative sense for my, and I expect vast majority of, Shepherd(s)

I just wanted Kaiden/Shepherd to be happy space marine husbands deep down though :( 

I think that as people say "Destroy" with the patched "Oh it didn't destroy all the relays after all" ending is going to be canon..

On 02/08/2022 at 03:42, bumgut said:

A lot of it is skippable garbage, but there are a few things off the beaten path that are worth investigating, e.g. if you chose a Sole Survivor psychological profile then you can discover that Cerberus was responsible, and you should at the very least help Hackett out with the rogue VI on Luna because it will be relevant near the end of ME3 although it does feel like a retcon.

5 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

A lot of it is skippable garbage

yeah i’m finding this out. most of the filler missions are really cheaply put together.

i’ll play all the main content and move on

3 hours ago, bumgut said:

yeah i’m finding this out. most of the filler missions are really cheaply put together.

i’ll play all the main content and move on

Do the mission to get wrex’s family armor at least though. 

before you go to virmire

• 1 month later...