Next Gen - What Are You Getting At Launch? [Round 2]

What’re ya buyin’ stranger?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Series X, because I want the shinies and I skipped the Xbox this gen. Game Pass Ultimate for three years for £120? Oh, go on then.

A few months ago I would have expected to be jumping onto the PS5 train. But £70 games and that monstrosity?! I'll wait for the 'slim' in a few years.

PS5 Digital day one. Sold my PS4 Pro over a month ago so I’ve had a nice little break from my usual gaming habits of Monster Hunter, TLOU2 etc. (I do own a Switch though so in between my other half’s constant Animal Crossing and Paper Mario 2 obsession I have snuck in a bit of Hades.)

Can’t wait, I’ll be grabbing Demon’s Souls and Spider-Man:MM for a nice mix of difficulty. Really looking forward to trying Astro’s Playroom as well as I can’t imagine that either of those launch titles will put the haptics to particularly good use.

Back in September at the time of the original poll I chose both Xbox Series X and PS5. 

However since that time I’m more and more coming to the realisation that I have very little if any interest in video games these days and my lust for the new consoles is 50% FOMO and 50% nerdy excitement for new hardware. 

Now at the end of October I’m pretty sure that I’ll be spending the £1000 I’d put aside for both on lighting equipment instead. I’m not doing a lot of photography these days due to the virus but that’ll basically last forever and definitely will get used in the future. 

I'ld put away money for both and, I've two preorders. And with the current madness it seems more sensible to save it for an emergency, and feels very decadent when others are struggling, but, as a teacher, winter is going to be a miserable nightmare, and so I need something for my mental health. 

So retail therapy and spending money on gadgets I don't need is the way I'm going. 

(& should shit really hit the fan, I should be able to sell and make back most of my money if needed.)

Oh and my other justification, is when the PS4 Pro and One X released I skipped them, saving the money for 'real deal' - my launch PS4 sounds like death at the minute.

Also, I'm not replacing my iPhone 7 plus phone at the minute either. I've realised having a phone that I don't worry about sanitising with gel it's actually a god send when I have to take the tube each day, and then work amongst two thousand coughing, ungrateful, teenagers.

PlayStation 5 for launch, and I'm super excited for it! Can't wait. 

Xbox series X is also getting bought basically as soon as stock is normally available. 

Both machines feel viable and important this time round. 

Series X and PS5 at launch. It's 100% an extravagance to get both at launch but this has been such a miserable year and it doesn't exactly look like there will be much to do this Winter so that's how I'm justifying it to myself.

The PS5 feels more like a new console launch whereas Series X feels more like I'm upgrading a graphics card or something but I'm definitely excited for both.