What's the most number of times you've bought the same game?

I think I’ve bought Vanquish five times, six if you count buying a friend one as a gift. Physical and digital copies on both 360 and PS3, and a digital copy of 360. 

RE4 - 

Launch ntsc-u Gamecube copy 

PS2 copy 

Wii ntsc-u

Wii pal (don't ask) 

Xbox 360 

PS3

PS4 

Switch

8 copies of Resident Evil 4, I still have them all and I've completed them ALL multiple times, because it's the best game ever.  

I don't think I've bought much multiple times   UFO: Enemy Unknown / Xcom is probably the most. I got the original on PC on floppy disks, the same again on CD, the ps1 version and then the PC version again from gog. And I picked it up on Amiga at some point as well. 

Garou MOTW - US Dreamcast, JPN Dreamcast, XBLA, PSN

Shenmue II - PAL Dreamcast, JPN Dreamcast Special Edition, US Xbox, PAL Xbox, PS4 HD Release, JPN PS4 Special Edition

Rez - PAL Dreamcast, 360 XBLA, PSN (VR)

Silent Hill 2 - US Xbox, PAL Xbox, PAL PS2 (Silent Hill Boxset) 360 Silent Hill Collection  :hmm:

Streets of Rage 2 - PAL Megadrive, 360 XBLA, PS3 (Sega Classics) PS4 (Sega Classics), Mega Drive Mini

Revenge of Shinobi - PAL Megadrive, JPN Megadrive, PS3 M2 Version, PS3 (Part of Sega Classics) PS4 (Sega Classics)

luckily with the exception of Silent Hill these are about as good as they are ever going to get now so I shouldn't need to buy them again (the lies we tell ourselves) 

Three versions:

Dark Souls: 360, PS3, Switch (v. v. tempted to get the PS4 version so I have all the trilogy on the same machine - basically as soon as a sale appears). 

Slay the Spire: Mac, Switch, iOS.

5 versions

Super Mario Bros. Nes. - Wii VC, 3DS VC, Nes Classic, Switch Online Subscription, Game & Watch preorder. (I'm why nintendo do what they do)

8-bit Sonic the Hedgehog - Master System version as a kid, then again as an adult, GG version for 3DS virtual console, GG versions for Wii virtual consoles, Game Boy Micro version via import.

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Sonic the Hedgehog. I’ve bought one, maybe two more copies since last time someone made this thread.

Thanks, I could have swore we’ve done this before, and in recent memory. 

I don’t think I’ve beaten my four purchases of FF VII, but Alien Isolation has just joined the threesome club last week. 

I’m another Super Mario Bros.

I’ve owned and sold multiple copies but not counting them, only the ones I still have...

SNES - Mario Allstars PAL was my first game.

NES - SMB / Duck Hunt US (random boot sale not realising it was US)

NES - SMB PAL

NES - SMB / Duck Hunt PAL (to play Duck Hunt really...)

GBA SMB from the classics range

Wii Allstars

SFC - Nintendo Power cart with Allstars on it

Switch Online

Game & Watch preorder

10 hours ago, Melon_Bread said:

Dragons Dogma and Dark Arisen which is pretty much the same thing with expansion on PS3, PS4, PC and Switch.

Xbox 360, PS3, PC and PS4 (though not played it on the latter yet) here. 100% achievements and trophies, and I'm pretty sure I got all the monster stars for my Pawn on the PS3 and PC thanks to a lot of people hiring her.

Super Mario Bros

Famicom

Super Famicom

GBC

GBA

Wii Disk

Wii Digital

Switch (Arcade version)

Game and Watch on pre-order.

Would have bought on 3DS, but got it as ambassador.

Next is probably Skyrim

PS3

PS3 with DC

Bone

PS4 VR

Switch

Think I've bought several games twice. Ones I can remember are Bully, Saints Row The Third, Saints Row IV, GTAV, Bulletstorm, Okami and Super Mario World. There are probably a few others, and I've also replayed a few thanks to them appearing on Playstation Plus. Most recently God of War 3 and The Last of Us Remastered.

I'd happily pay for a remaster of Dead Space but think that dream dies a little with every passing day.

Project Gotham Racing 4. Around 3 times I think. First on release and then much later on when I wanted my PGR fix. I now have no 360s in the house anymore and it's not backwards compatible so that is it now! :(

Still. Forza Horizon series scratches the itch a little.... not quite the same but as fun I guess. Do miss arcade/sim city racers though. PGR had a unique mix of simcade and fun along with decent city circuits to drive in.

Modern? Probably Shadow of the Colossus on PS2, PS3 and PS4.

Otherwise I've been buying arcade conversions for decades, so probably something from Defender, Space Invaders, Joust, R-Type, Outrun or Metal Slug.

R-Type SERIES probably

master system

snes (Super and 3rd lightning)

GBC (DX)

PS1 (types and delta)

PS2 (final)

PS3 (dimensions)

I really should have paid for my ST and Spectrum copies.

SINGLE title: Doom

PC

SNES

Jaguar

32X

PSone (three times)

N64

GBA

360 (and thus XBone)

feel like I’m missing a version...

I think I might have RE4 on a couple of machines. At least three. I’ve not really played it.

but if we’re talking one game, one format?

DriveClub. 3.5 times

RCT 2 on Big Box PC

RCT 2 on Compilation DVD

RCT 2 on GOG

RCT Classic on Steam

RCT Classic on Android 

RCT Classic on IOS

Pretty much 6 times I've bought the same game in its various different versions over the years.

Just now, Mr Tony said:

RCT 2 on Big Box PC

RCT 2 on Compilation DVD

RCT 2 on GOG

RCT Classic on Steam

RCT Classic on Android 

RCT Classic on IOS

Pretty much 6 times I've bought the same game in its various different versions over the years.

Whats RCT?