Playstation Plus Nov 2020 Bugsnax! Also: Shadow of War & Hollow Knight

The new PS Store webpage has been updated recently, and looks terrible compared to the old one. Hopefully its temporary, but its extremely minimalistic.

Massive downgrade for the site it feels.

So why do you think Sony pulled Bugsnax and Destruction All Stars from sale and dumped onto PS+ - quality issues (relative to the price point) or just to pad out PS+? It's too late a decision to be planned to then pull them from sale and refund everybody so it has to have been a reaction to something?

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

So why do you think Sony pulled Bugsnax and Destruction All Stars from sale and dumped onto PS+ - quality issues (relative to the price point) or just to pad out PS+? It's too late a decision to be planned to then pull them from sale and refund everybody so it has to have been a reaction to something?

With Destruction All Stars they probably just realised they were sending the game to die at a $70 price point at launch. No-one was going to buy it over Spiderman, Demon's Souls, Cyberpunk or Assassin's Creed and as a multiplayer focused game it was going to wither and die almost instantly. Putting it on PS+ a few months after launch gives it a chance.

Bugsnax isn't a Sony published game, I think they've just snapped it up for PS+ because it was getting a surprising amount of hype (some ironically) and it probably didn't cost them that much to get it on the service. 

I don't believe Bugsnax has been on sale, outside the Epic Games Store. Pretty sure they hadn't even announced a price for it on PlayStation, so it's likely always been planned for Plus.

From a developer point of view, if you work on a game for a number of years and then it gets snapped up for PS+ / Gamepass is it a great result (like getting signed up by a major music label back when such things mattered) or a shit one (like going straight into the bargain bin)?

12 hours ago, rafaqat said:

You can claim the games on the website though so surely you just claim the ps4 and ps5 versions off the website. Would be a bit mad to restrict it to just the ps5 console. Would go against the way it’s worked all through last gen 

The wording of the IGC seems to suggest they will lock things depending on whether you have a PS5, it doesn't seem like IGC becomes part of PS+ if you're only on PS4.

46 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

The wording of the IGC seems to suggest they will lock things depending on whether you have a PS5, it doesn't seem like IGC becomes part of PS+ if you're only on PS4.

Bum. That’s a shame.  Would have been good to claim them if you’re not jumping in at launch. 

Thanks both! I have HK but wanted to get a friend to try it, I was hoping to send him a link to make it easy for him as he doesn't game much btu has been playing shovel knight and I want him to at least try HK, I'll tell him to do it through his PS4 instead.

Shadow of War Expansion Pass is on sale for £8.24

The Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Expansion Pass includes:

• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA04402_00-KRAKENEXPAN0PASS

On 29/10/2020 at 12:03, Mr Combo Breaker said:

From a developer point of view, if you work on a game for a number of years and then it gets snapped up for PS+ / Gamepass is it a great result (like getting signed up by a major music label back when such things mattered) or a shit one (like going straight into the bargain bin)?

I know that Velocity 2X made a bunch of money for the developer as a PS+ game, but because they have very few actual sales no publisher will fund a sequel.

7 hours ago, gospvg said:

Shadow of War Expansion Pass is on sale for £8.24

The Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Expansion Pass includes:

• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA04402_00-KRAKENEXPAN0PASS

Don’t bother - you’ll be bored of shadow of war long before you get to a story expansion.

1 hour ago, footle said:

Don’t bother - you’ll be bored of shadow of war long before you get to a story expansion.

I enjoyed the first game was interested in the two story expansions.

Will leave them for now because I noticed Undertale has gone on sale & I will be buying that instead.

On 29/10/2020 at 12:03, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Housemarque (Resogun fame) has been quoted saying - paraphrasing - "financially it does not help when a game is put on PS+". Resogun was brand-spanking new and missed out on basically all sales. The vast majority of PS+ content is old and well over the Best Before date. Games like Need for Speed Payback and Shadow of War are on there to either boost interest in the franchise or sell DLC.

So, via the PS app on iPhone, I can add the LOTR game to my library, but hollow knight Is a 404

Spoiler

4CE900CF-51FF-4E89-9FA2-54EF6A6E689C.thumb.jpeg.ecc1a00ad0664e86644c267ca657f9ab.jpeg

and there’s no button to add to library for bugsnax 

fantastic

Bugsnax isn't available until the 12th. That's why there's no button.

I like that it just adds it to the library now instead of having to go through the checkout process.

Shadow of War bores me to bits after two hours. Far too much menu'ing (change outfit here, change gear here, change gems here, buy skills here) and the icon bloat on the map are the worst culprits.

I liked Shadow of Mordor very much, but this I struggle to tolerate. Also, is it me or does it look like a PS3 game. One of the dullest and blandest games I've seen this generation.

edit: ah tis kinda alright after all. Got some neat skills that make the combat a little bit more fun and engaging. So far it's meh/10.