Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

DHL are 8 stops away with my argos order.  Amazon yet to deliver to my collection hub.  Looks like Argos are going to win the race and I'll keep theirs and cancel the Amazon one.

Amazon have, in the last 24 hours, sent me codes for £10 off a controller, and 40% off 3 months of Gamepass ultimate.  Already used the controller code and can't see they'll cancel the gamepass code if i cancel the xbox order, so thanks Jeff :)

7 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Makes you wonder if they had a delay getting them in. 

Or if they foresaw this happening, they should have dispatched them early to compensate.

I just don't think it's a big enough deal for them to 'compensate'. It's just another package for them. There was a myriad of reasons I went with Amazon and guaranteed release date delivery was a little way down the list but it's just a bit strange it's been going to plan until the very last minute.

When Xbox tweeted a few days ago about people getting them early to enjoy them and get setup and start playing, i was excited, assuming they gave the go-ahead to release the hounds in the background and let them ship.  Clearly not, probably sending cease & desist emails all over the place. 

12 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Did people who got the delay email from Amazon also get the "Good news, we'll be delivering your console on launch day!" email? 

Yes, I did.  Then an email from them earlier this morning saying it was delayed, then a further email 10 minutes ago saying it will be delivered on Thursday.

Situation is as follows....

Series S (not as urgent as its an Xmas present for my son ) - Argos DHL stll says it is at the depot so hasn't left depot yet so no 1hr slot

Series X (URGENT) - Amazon logistics left depot 9am and will be with me between 12 and 4 but no update on how many stops or map etc grrrrr

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

From Tamworth to Belfast in one day? I doubt it - tho I’ve moved me day off until tomorrow so I’m ok with it, I’m a grown up after all. :unsure:

F6053441-004F-40AA-BA18-5DAE8D81E076.jpeg

I’ve the exact same updates. Still showing delivery tomorrow. Stupid sea. 

19 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Ex-RPS man John Walker had the Amazon delay email but the chat bot told him it was still due today. He then requested a call back from an actual human... who rang him and said that it would indeed be delivered today. There's still hope for us all!

Hello, I'm Mr Piss On Your Chips. The chatbot and the human will be pulling from the same system, which won't update itself until it breaches its own timeframe. Said system won't be taking into account all these emails being sent out. It's just a product release that Amazon, in their eyes, have slightly delayed for a few of their customers who they have over a barrel.

Not like we're going to go out to a shop instead is it?

16 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Did people who got the delay email from Amazon also get the "Good news, we'll be delivering your console on launch day!" email? 

Yes... :mad:

Just now, Pockets said:

Pretty convinced I'm fucked now. I'm down the road from Grays in Southend so mine should be sat there too if anything but it's in Ipswich.

I dunno, I was confused that someone else said theirs was in Croydon which is prolly closer to me (West Kent).  Mine being over the bridge gives me anxiety.

2 minutes ago, sprite said:

I dunno, I was confused that someone else said theirs was in Croydon which is prolly closer to me (West Kent).  Mine being over the bridge gives me anxiety.

I think we're getting to the bottom of the Amazon fuck up. They're all in the wrong place!

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Anyone who's expecting theirs to be delivered via UPS and has been given a timed delivery slot might want to take it with a pinch of salt. 

Mine was down for coming between 9:30 and 13:30 but I just got back from my morning walk to find out they've been / carded me and it's going to be at my local collection point from 7PM tonight. Not the end of the world personally but might be a bit of a 'mare for someone who's perhaps taken the day off or who's collection point is tricky to get to. 

Morning walk on delivery day?! Amateur hour over here. 

19 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

DHL are 8 stops away with my argos order.  Amazon yet to deliver to my collection hub.  Looks like Argos are going to win the race and I'll keep theirs and cancel the Amazon one.

Amazon have, in the last 24 hours, sent me codes for £10 off a controller, and 40% off 3 months of Gamepass ultimate.  Already used the controller code and can't see they'll cancel the gamepass code if i cancel the xbox order, so thanks Jeff :)

How are you getting stop info? 

I assume it gives you that once it has left the depot?