Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Amazon delivery windows can move about a lot, mine has already gone back 15 minutes. I’m dubious about their 11:30 to 14:30 claims as it was in Ipswich and I’m in Essex, as far south in Essex as you can go without getting very wet. 

Hopefully it will be today at least. 

Just now, Mr Tony said:

MY AMAZON ORDER HAS BEEN DISPATCHED

For delivery on Friday. :hmm:

If ever the crying vote had an actual use. Sorry to hear that.

Mine is still on the way. 30 minutes later and 5 miles closer, despite no stops. If it was central london I could understand but it is rural Wales. Maybe it is coming by push bike. Perhaps that's why they aree taking the scenic route and not the motorway.

Just a thought. Out of all you Amazon lot. Who ordered through smile.amazon.com and who got delayed?

Everyone I've spoke to ordered through smile.amazon has been delayed. The ones who didn't are being shipped today.

Just now, Super Craig said:

I'd be happy with Friday.

@AmazonHelp is telling people that "Due to high demand, consoles will ship as inventory continues to arrive throughout November and December. You will receive an email notification when your order has shipped. You can track the latest shipment status of your order here: http://amzn.to/UKYourOrders."

Man, I'd be furious, especially as I had an S order with MS which I cancelled. Did you order yours as soon as they were available on Amazon?

Just now, Mr Tony said:

Just a thought. Out of all you Amazon lot. Who ordered through smile.amazon.com and who got delayed?

Everyone I've spoke to ordered through smile.amazon has been delayed. The ones who didn't are being shipped today.

Mine was through smile and is on the way. I doubt that it would make any difference to the dispatch process.

I think it was Smile, but I honestly can't remember now, it was such a frenzy on the day. I think there are going to be a lot of variables about who got a delay and who didn't that we may never know. I imagine geography, sadly, will have a part to play.

Just now, BeeJay said:

Man, I'd be furious, especially as I had an S order with MS which I cancelled. Did you order yours as soon as they were available on Amazon?

I think I actually ordered mine before 8am due to the Amazon Smile link that was getting posted on here.

Not getting it today sucks, but shit happens. The lack of transparency from Amazon bothers me more than the non-delivery. And the fact that Amazon (and other companies) seem to be using bots as customer service agents really pisses me off. They are absolutely useless.

If it's any consolation to those of you through Amazon, I ordered an extra pad through them and it's just arrived. Despite it showing as to be delivered by the end of tomorrow if I look on their site. 

Still waiting for the actual machine that I ordered from the Microsoft Store of course. 

Smile, who knows when it might turn up.
But I’m feeling a tad ill and haven’t got anything I really want to play on it, so it’s not the end of the world.

I’d probably be more annoyed if it was a PS5 and I was really looking forward to trying astrobot, tbh. As it is, all it’s going to do when it eventually gets here is spend a day downloading game updates.

5 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

I think I actually ordered mine before 8am due to the Amazon Smile link that was getting posted on here.

Not getting it today sucks, but shit happens. The lack of transparency from Amazon bothers me more than the non-delivery. And the fact that Amazon (and other companies) seem to be using bots as customer service agents really pisses me off. They are absolutely useless.

The worry about that Amazon tweet is the "throughout November and December" part. I preordered the console so I'd be guaranteed to get one at launch. That's the whole point of preordering. If it's going to be "throughout November and December" then that removes the whole point.

If it does arrive in a day or two, it's no big deal of course, but the "maybe 6 weeks" that's the issue.