Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

So amazon dispatched mine last night with Royal Mail 24 Hour Guaranteed. It was updated in your about 10pm.

It hasn't updated since. But apparently it's guaranteed to be delivered by 25 minutes ago according to royal mail. 

<_<

Royal Mail vans were taunting me all day yesterday, right up till it got dark.  Keep the faith!

15 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

So amazon dispatched mine last night with Royal Mail 24 Hour Guaranteed. It was updated in your about 10pm.

It hasn't updated since. But apparently it's guaranteed to be delivered by 25 minutes ago according to royal mail. 

<_<

No chance.

1 minute ago, gooner4life said:

I look forward to buying it off of you in about 3 weeks when you decide you've got too much tech and don't use it ;)

haha too true you think I’m bad with tech you should see how I go through new cars 

9 minutes ago, Moz said:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but the old play and charge kits work fine. 

Wrong thread. This post should have gone in the Xbox Hardware thread. Which is not to be confused with the Xbox Dispatch thread. Or the Xbox thread. Or the Xbox games thread. Or the Xbox Gamepass thread. Or the Xbox One thread. Mods!

1 minute ago, PyramidFace said:

Wrong thread. This post should have gone in the Xbox Hardware thread. Which is not to be confused with the Xbox Dispatch thread. Or the Xbox thread. Or the Xbox games thread. Or the Xbox Gamepass thread. Or the Xbox One thread. Mods!

wrong thread. this post should be in the whiny tedium thread.

3 hours ago, bankies said:

Did anyone get an expansion card delivered from ms store mine was showing delivery 11th has now gone back to pre ordered

Exactly the same here!

EDIT: Have also tried to speak to MS support a few times today without success

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Mate your dog is the cutest! 

Thanks buddy.

I've spent two hours messing around in the menus, making a new avatar, trying to get it to send PCM 5.1 audio to my Yamaha receiver with eArc and then left a bunch of games downloading. As someone who hasn't used an Xbox since the early days of the Xbox One, the menus seem completely baffling. But I'll get it. It's such a Windows 10 machine under the hood that if you go hunting for custom background images it has a Win 10 user layout including "my 3D objects" folder :lol: 

It was very pleasing to go into the TV calibration and see a long line of green ticks. But even then I know that the LG CX has some problems with VRR which might never be resolved. Going to buy Valhalla (against my better judgement) so I can have some shinies to muck around with I think.

Yep, it was delivered about 5 minutes before I had to pick the kids up.  Tried to get a picture of it with the dog but she was having none of it.  More of a PS5 girl, I think.  Will try later for the good of the forum.  

Just letting it download all the new shiny patches, maybe even play something by the weekend.

My Amazon.de pre-order that was delayed Monday night till Thursday delivery arrived today. I got a shipping update on 11am that it was out for delivery and it arrived by 2pm.  I already got a 5 euro voucher when I complained to them on Tuesday and I just got an e-mail that seems to have gotten out to a lot of people with another 10 euro voucher. The mail basically said "We fucked up the Xbox launch and we are very, very sorry" but in German. 

So not too shabbby... brings the purchase price down to 485 euro! It also came with 40% off on 3 months GPU so that's another 20 euro savings.