IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

Spleen

2 hours ago, Clipper said:

I was assuming the "threat" was him embellishing his story for the forum and really it was middle aged white, sweating, panting and trying to speak finally saying "P.p.p.p...please c.can i have my xbox mister"

Otherwise - yikes!

Correct. :) I was more desperate middle aged fool (that should have better things to do) who was on the verge of tears. This is what Amazon reduced me too.

It’s easy to spot who has no sense of humour on this forum.

34 minutes ago, tnman said:

Employee not delivering final package seconds walk away - bad.

Threatening delivery driver - bad.

As my dad always says, two wrongs don’t make a right. But then I normally say to Dad I was wronged first and Mum taught me to respond in kind.

Probably would’ve been alright if it just wasn’t for the threat.

Both sides!

3 minutes ago, Popo said:

I can’t get my head around why he didn’t just deliver it in the first place, if he was already parked up across the road. Very dodgy. 

Yeah these fucking thieving gypsies should have killed him while you had a chance. 

15 minutes ago, Popo said:

I can’t get my head around why he didn’t just deliver it in the first place, if he was already parked up across the road. Very dodgy. 

I only see a problem with sharing a picture of the driver on a public forum, unless he consented. Otherwise that picture should be shared with Amazon only in a complaint. 

It seems very dodgy but for all we know his wife went into delivery or he already did a 12-hour day and was forced to stop. 

Fact is that delivery gig workers are slaves to the machine that employs them. If the machine tells you to go home that is what you have to do, if you agree with it or not. 

But there are plenty of stories of delivery drivers jacking consoles, especially in the US it is more common, so they're not all poor Gig-workers some are plain thieves. 

1 hour ago, NickC said:

A new console delivery may to us be the equivalent of an urgent organ donation in transit, but to the average delivery dude it's just another package in a very tiring but important job.

And very poorly paid and insecure. Chances are at that stage he's getting 50p a delivery. I wouldn't have any beef with running after him and asking nicely but I equally wouldn't have any beef with him finishing up for the night when he's supposed to. 

9 minutes ago, marc2j said:

I know a few mentioned no progress on SSD orders from Microsoft - anyone had any joy in receiving theirs yet? My order stuck on 'pre-order' with no date now.

I rang MS to be told 'yes, its pre-ordered'. Gee thanks...

Finally arrived this morning via ups

Still not got mine. It’s Out For Delivery with Amazon, but it’s a ten hour delivery window and with the way things have been for our deliveries recently, that’ll be tonight. 

I wish I wasn’t as pissed off as I am about it. Maybe it’s unfair of me to expect a company to overcome the logistical hurdle of shipping something on time to the wilds of Northern Ireland, but there you go.

Eh, it’ll give me time to finally get past the last boss in Hades! 

49 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

Still not got mine. It’s Out For Delivery with Amazon, but it’s a ten hour delivery window and with the way things have been for our deliveries recently, that’ll be tonight. 

I wish I wasn’t as pissed off as I am about it. Maybe it’s unfair of me to expect a company to overcome the logistical hurdle of shipping something on time to the wilds of Northern Ireland, but there you go.

Eh, it’ll give me time to finally get past the last boss in Hades! 

Mine finally made it to the wilds of outside Portadown this afternoon. Luckily the driver rang me as his device was telling him to deliver to number 8 which is a mile down the road!! Convinced him to read the label on the box and deliver it to me. 

Hope you get yours soon. 

29 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

mines still not arrived, on the phone to MS again now.
No tracking details
No delivery
Cash taken from account
Order vanished from history....

So sorry to hear that :(

Mine was shipped with tracking and arrived promptly, plus it’s still in my order history as a past order. Hope you get it sorted out today...

16 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

So I had already got a £20 refund as an apology for everything being late. I got an email from Amazon today asking for feedback about the transaction. So I pointed out the obvious (ordered right away, guaranteed delivery email on Sunday, delayed email on the evening of shipping day, second delay when it's finally with courier etc).

They came back and offered me 20% partial refund, so £90. £110 back all in, not gonna complain about that.

How's you get to that point? I raised a complaint but nothing seems to have happened