Xbox Series X | S Dispatch thread.

2 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Well that was epic! In a bad way. 

Was supposed to turn up tomorrow. Then had an alert that it was out for delivery and was 7 stops away... 

As I nervously curtain twitched I could see the driver over the road. Amazon app was telling me exactly where my Xbox was.. 5 then 4 then 3 then 2....

Then it’s me.... only .... he fucking drives off. ..!!! What the actual fuck.

Ok I’m done trying to be cool as cucumber about it. I am going to have to run after the fucker based on his location on the app.  He’s a mile away but I going to find him .... so run I did. 

I can see the van... but he’s getting back in and about to drive off again... I run a bit faster and literally slam against the side of his van, hammering on it as he indicates to pull off. 

He gets out angrily - to the sight of this middle aged white, sweating, panting and trying to speak. He explains it’s the end of his day and he’s heading back to the depo so can’t help, sorry. Call Amazon.  I explain that he isn’t getting back to the depo alive unless he delivers the fucking Xbox Amazon promised me. 

I must look a bit unhinged at this point. As he looks at me a moment then opens the van door and reluctantly hands me the only parcel left in his van.  It’s 7.39pm at night. It’s a day late. But I got it. Fuck you Amazon I got it!

BCC7C377-E1DF-45D4-8A10-E0B81C016B17.jpeg

36B50F7F-D66D-4B7B-9EB3-8BA1867818BD.jpeg

630B3BEE-2A30-4E0B-B28E-1CCB4DF70337.jpeg

I salute you! Fucking dead right to take it into your own hands.

2 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

He gets out angrily - to the sight of this middle aged white, sweating, panting and trying to speak. He explains it’s the end of his day and he’s heading back to the depo so can’t help, sorry. Call Amazon.  I explain that he isn’t getting back to the depo alive unless he delivers the fucking Xbox Amazon promised me. 

WTF was he paying at? Wank bastard. 

10 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I run a bit faster and literally slam against the side of his van, hammering on it as he indicates to pull off. 

He gets out angrily - to the sight of this middle aged white, sweating, panting and trying to speak man. He explains it’s the end of his day and he’s heading back to the depo so can’t help, sorry. Call Amazon.  I explain that he isn’t getting back to the depo alive unless he delivers the fucking Xbox Amazon promised me.

What the fuck. That's some fucked up shit there threatening someone who just wants to finish work and get home when he's probably already gone over his hours for the day!

11 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

What the fuck. That's some fucked up shit there threatening someone who just wants to finish work and get home when he's probably already gone over his hours for the day!

Considering the photo above shows the van across the street I’d suggest it’s not unfair to think the driver could take a couple of minutes to deliver his final parcel. It’s not like he had to go completely out of his way. 

10 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

That's beside the point. How would you feel if you were threatened at your place of work by a random member of the public.

The driver should have delivered the package without the need for intervention. There’s absolutely no excuse as to why he wouldn’t. 

It's just unacceptable to be shouting at customer service people and harrassing gig economy drivers because their multi trillion dollar corporate overlords failed to deliver some frivolous expensive toy on the dot.

Taking photos of the driver and posting them on a public forum is extra distasteful. Would ask for those to be deleted.

3 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

Erm. Sorry but there was a very good reason. He had finished work. 

One package left across the street from his previous drop off. Not too much to ask from a representative of one of the worlds wealthiest companies. Amazon guarantee their customers a delivery date. They can adhere to it. 

Yesterday morning at 9.30am my Amazon driver was parked around the corner about 50 metres away from my house for about 5 minutes. I was the next delivery in line but he suddenly decided to hotfoot it miles away in his van. Maybe he too was going to nick my Xbox. Luckily because I was paying attention I was able to get through to someone on chat, who contacted the delivery team and got him to come back an hour or so later. He proceeded to select the ‘parcel handed to resident’ option when he actually just left it outside on the doorstep. Grade A cunt.

Employee not delivering final package seconds walk away - bad.

Threatening delivery driver - bad.

As my dad always says, two wrongs don’t make a right. But then I normally say to Dad I was wronged first and Mum taught me to respond in kind.

Probably would’ve been alright if it just wasn’t for the threat.

I was assuming the "threat" was him embellishing his story for the forum and really it was middle aged white, sweating, panting and trying to speak finally saying "P.p.p.p...please c.can i have my xbox mister"

Otherwise - yikes!

25 minutes ago, vezna said:

One package left across the street from his previous drop off. Not too much to ask from a representative of one of the worlds wealthiest companies. Amazon guarantee their customers a delivery date. They can adhere to it. 

He’s almost certainly a self employed gig driver. How’d you feel now?

28 minutes ago, vezna said:

Perhaps he had to be somewhere later that night and did as much as he could before then. We don't know the reason why because we don't know his side of the story just the fact that he was threatened because of it.

7 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I was assuming the "threat" was him embellishing his story for the forum and really it was middle aged white, sweating, panting and trying to speak finally saying "P.p.p.p...please c.can i have my xbox mister"

Otherwise - yikes!

I certainly hope it was because no-one should be threatened at work or otherwise over something like this.

2 hours ago, Clipper said:

Otherwise - yikes!

Correct. :) I was more desperate middle aged fool (that should have better things to do) who was on the verge of tears. This is what Amazon reduced me too.

It’s easy to spot who has no sense of humour on this forum.

I was expecting you'd catch up to the van, bang on the window, shouting "deliver my Xbox you wanker" and then the door opens, Chris Eubank steps out and boxes you to the ground, then drives away laughing, "I've thtolen that manth exth-boxth"

34 minutes ago, tnman said:

Employee not delivering final package seconds walk away - bad.

Threatening delivery driver - bad.

As my dad always says, two wrongs don’t make a right. But then I normally say to Dad I was wronged first and Mum taught me to respond in kind.

Probably would’ve been alright if it just wasn’t for the threat.

Both sides!

15 minutes ago, Popo said:

I can’t get my head around why he didn’t just deliver it in the first place, if he was already parked up across the road. Very dodgy. 

I only see a problem with sharing a picture of the driver on a public forum, unless he consented. Otherwise that picture should be shared with Amazon only in a complaint. 

It seems very dodgy but for all we know his wife went into delivery or he already did a 12-hour day and was forced to stop. 

Fact is that delivery gig workers are slaves to the machine that employs them. If the machine tells you to go home that is what you have to do, if you agree with it or not. 

But there are plenty of stories of delivery drivers jacking consoles, especially in the US it is more common, so they're not all poor Gig-workers some are plain thieves.