PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Busines!

8 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

So... does the PS5 have fan noise? Most initial reviews said it was much quieter than PS4 Pro. Does Series X have zero fan noise and PS5 has some?

Don't know about the PS5 not heard the Xbox Series X fan yet. Seems to run nice and quiet and I'm sat  fairly close to it.

I'm fussy about fan noise too as I built my PC from the ground up to be quiet. 

If things get noisy headphones are always an option. :)

2 hours ago, Haribokart said:

There are no top tier Xbox games coming out.

I've been consistently amazed at people actually buying the new Xbox whatever-they-are-called systems, how can a console launch with no games? Literally the most underwhelming and unexciting console launch of all time. Combine this with the fact that multiplat games aren't even any good on it comparatively and of course MS have to go all in on backwards compatibility to entice people to play because they don't have anything else to offer. Sony even pissed on their chips by surprising everyone with amazing BC too. This is going to be another disastrous 'Xbox One' generation for Microsoft, shame how far they have fallen from the frankly outstanding Xbox and 360 days.

At least both consoles look better than the PS5 though, I'll give them that.

Fucking....... What? 

Fanboys are idiots and all that but you are just talking complete shite. 

20 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

So... does the PS5 have fan noise? Most initial reviews said it was much quieter than PS4 Pro. Does Series X have zero fan noise and PS5 has some?

Can only speak to my personal experience, my XBX is silent over the TV unless you go right up to it, my PS5 is fine on the dash, but the second you start a game you can hear the fan/coil (not expert enough to know which it is) over the TV, although it is quieter than the Pro (though that's a pretty low bar).

A lot will depend on how sensitive your ears are to this type of sound.

18 minutes ago, SqueakyG said:

My PS5 is a loud bastard and my XSX is silent. 

Why no reviewers mentioned the issues with PS5 is beyond me. 

12 minutes ago, Ry said:

My PS5 is a loud bastard and my XSX is silent. 

Why no reviewers mentioned the issues with PS5 is beyond me. 

Come to the conclusion that most reviewers have bad hearing.... My PS4 Pro second revision was supposed to be whisper quiet. Well it was I guess until I actually played a game on the damn thing. 

Remember playing Last Of Us 2 on it and thankfully headphones enhanced that game but was always surprised when I took them off how much noise was coming out of the console.

Isn't the PS5 supposed to have a liquid metal cooling system with huge heatsinks etc? Must he a poor choice of fan I guess. Perhaps it's over aggressive on how it controls the fan speed. Perhaps it may be patched at some point in a future OS update. 

When booted up my One X (which I had before the PS4 Pro) I was amazed how quiet that was. 

I never trust "reviewers" these days listen to real world experiences. 

I expect all the new consoles to get noisier over time though as the chipsets get pushed harder.

3 hours ago, Haribokart said:

There are no top tier Xbox games coming out.

I've been consistently amazed at people actually buying the new Xbox whatever-they-are-called systems, how can a console launch with no games? Literally the most underwhelming and unexciting console launch of all time. Combine this with the fact that multiplat games aren't even any good on it comparatively and of course MS have to go all in on backwards compatibility to entice people to play because they don't have anything else to offer. Sony even pissed on their chips by surprising everyone with amazing BC too. This is going to be another disastrous 'Xbox One' generation for Microsoft, shame how far they have fallen from the frankly outstanding Xbox and 360 days.

At least both consoles look better than the PS5 though, I'll give them that.

Let’s keep this one bookmarked in the ‘posts that will age like milk’ category.

What a nasty little piece of work you are.

Can't enjoy what you have, you have to bash others.

This is the launch of two fantastic consoles and we should shouting it from the rooftops but morons like you have to bring it down to the fucking playground.

I pity you like I pity most pathetic toxic posters.

This place is a shit hole because of threads like this and posts like yours.

I’m surprised people are shocked that the PS5 is noisy, Sony have always seemed unable to make a quiet console on release. First gen Sony consoles always feel like beta consoles; loud, ugly, cheap looking in parts, before a proper redesign a couple of years down the line that fixes the faults. 

That’s the same for xboxes too. Generally I never would recommend a first gen console. I have to admit that both the Series S/X have been so well engineered that they don’t feel like launch consoles but something that would normally come a couple of years down the line. So full marks to MS, it’s the first time I’ve recommend a launch console since the GameCube.

In the end the differences between the performances are so minute there’s no point debating it. In the end it’s personal tastes. I don’t like Sony’ exclusives but like MS, which with Obsidian and Bethesda will be the place for western RPGs this gen. Which is my main gaming diet. 

13 minutes ago, Clipper said:

This is the launch of two fantastic consoles and we should shouting it from the rooftops but morons like you have to bring it down to the fucking playground.

This thread is literally designed to keep trolls like JPL out of the PlayStation thread and whatever PS people care enough about Xbox to go into their shitty threads to troll, which seems to be mostly working. Nobody is taking this seriously and if it cleans toxicity out of the 'proper' threads it is actually a good idea (not that I'd ever want to compliment my mortal enemy @rafaqat for anything because I never would) so I suggest YOU stay out of this thread and live your perfect life where everyone hugs, Sony release a silent console and Microsoft actually bother to release a game for their game console.

Indeed! Nobody is taking this thread seriously just a bit of mudslinging each way.

Anyhow I'd just stay away if you find it frustrating and head somewhere that give you a spark of joy. It's here to stop the rest of the forum going to shit in each of the console specific threads.

Both great consoles and give you a bunch of power for relatively little money.

Go back and read those posts that start with "making a serious point here" or words to that effect. Some people are taking this thread seriously and it all gets mixed up with the "bants" so we dont know if it is bants or not.

Go look at Gooners fucking posts on "raytracing" in Fortnite - apparently he wasn't trolling but making a serious post! One which was wrong as he wouldnt know raytracing if it sat on him apparently.

and certain posters are NOT keeping it confined to here go and look at the multiformat comparison thread or the single format threads - littered with genuine concerns and snipes and snidey shitty comments. Personally I think they feel emboldened to continue their antics elsewhere as there seems to be allowances made now for shit posting.

What should stop threads going to shit is modding those threads, not just pushing inconvenient posters into a ghetto. Or if it is give it its own subforum.

EDIT - Also "just stay away" - I thought this forum had moved on from having toxic threads where if you didn't like it you could just "stay away"?

52 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I haven't 'bashed' anybody, you're the only one targeting me, the PS5 is better than the Xbox, get over it.

53 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

This thread is literally designed to keep trolls like JPL out of the PlayStation thread and whatever PS people care enough about Xbox to go into their shitty threads to troll, which seems to be mostly working. Nobody is taking this seriously and if it cleans toxicity out of the 'proper' threads it is actually a good idea (not that I'd ever want to compliment my mortal enemy @rafaqat for anything because I never would) so I suggest YOU stay out of this thread and live your perfect life where everyone hugs, Sony release a silent console and Microsoft actually bother to release a game for their game console.

Straight back from a ban and calling me a troll again, eh? Do you want to point out where I’ve been trolling or is it just baseless accusations as usual?