PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Busines!

Just now, Yiggy said:

What a plum. I love it. 

Why do you feel the need to be so happy that your console is a tiny bit better presented than the other one at this point in time. 

The fact that you’re not so keen on the other machines titles or are just going along with the narrative that the PS5 is ‘true next gen’ doesn’t mean you have to start blowing raspberries. 

I’m buying neither if that helps, but I don’t think there is any “narrative” here - the PS5 has better launch games, that’s all - Christ if Godfall was Xbox exclusive it’d be being hailed as the best thing since Bloodborne ;) 

1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

Jesus Christ. You're grown men. 

Speak for yourself. I’m 13 at heart when it comes to console launches. They’re exciting, love ‘em. You’ll be all giddy when your choice arrives. You know it. Embrace it. Join the skool yard lol

2 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

What a plum. I love it. 

Why do you feel the need to be so happy that your console is a tiny bit better presented than the other one at this point in time. 

The fact that you’re not so keen on the other machines titles or are just going along with the narrative that the PS5 is ‘true next gen’ doesn’t mean you have to start blowing raspberries. 

Actually. Fuck it. 

164A0824-A2EC-4862-AFF2-2B1A6461D4CD.gif

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m buying neither if that helps, but I don’t think there is any “narrative” here - the PS5 has better launch games, that’s all - Christ if Godfall was Xbox exclusive it’d be being hailed as the best thing since Bloodborne ;) 

Perhaps if no other game was being released this year, on anything.

18 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Each to their own, but Demon’s Souls, Spider-Man and Astro Bot, along with the new pad, all look a lot better than anything MS has to offer - what’s their console exclusive btw? 

Somehow in a couple of weeks, this has gone from shall I bother taking up my preorder to the best PlayStation launch ever.

Do Not Underestimate The Power Of PlayStation :D.

10 minutes ago, footle said:

We’re all going to have egg on our faces, Xboxers, Sonybots and PC Master Race Snobs alike when Godfall turns out to be amazing.

Narrator: They didn’t.

I’m secretly hoping it will be ace, like Mario vs Rabbids - how we mocked! 

13 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Don’t get me wrong, DS looks epic - but I just don’t feel like either console is ready on the software side. They’re about to be out, but it seems clear to me that global events have hit the software lineups hard. I can’t believe Sony planned just what they have, and we know full well that MS didn’t.

Launching with DS and Spidey is not a small thing. Those games are gonna be massive hits. Add Astro Bot, which is also getting a lot of praise, and you have the best launch line-up for a Sony console yet. Not bad in the midst of a pandemic.

It would be pointless for Sony to launch with more, as you don't want to compete with your own exclusives. They'll have enough games for the launch window with titles like Returnal and Ratchet & Clank, so they can space them out.

Isn’t the PS5’s SSD speed double the Xbox’s? Along with the PS5’s other I/O optimisations, I wonder if we’ll ever see that borne out in real world performance. Hopefully not bloodily.

I’m also in the DualShock preference camp. With the unique pad, exclusives and VR likely on the horizon, as well as the other reasons I already mentioned I’ll be going with PS5. I’ll get an NVIDIA card if something really compelling comes out for the Xbox.

Ultimately of course I hope they both sell equally well. Can’t trust any corporation on earth with anything approaching a monopoly.

Oh, shit, I've just realised - it's not been covered anywhere as far as I can tell, but presumably PS5 The Last Guardian will run in 4k at stable 30fps. That's appealing. And if there's any chance they've patched it to anyresolution/60fps, well, that would be something. I might need to update my table when any confirmation comes in on that front.

33 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I still can’t really get my head around how MS have nothing for launch. Nothing.

Yes gamepass, blah, blah, blah.. but it takes a special kind of miss management fuck up to launch the next generation of your games console, without a single game that looks noticeably different to your current product. Especially when you are tooting it as the most powerful console Evers - and you have been buying studios left, right and centre, and have known it’s coming for years. 

No it’s not a phone. It’s a games system to play games. So needs a game that tries to atleast show it off a little straight off the line.

I am a mug that has preordered both - but am looking forward to ps5 way more as atleast there is something new to experience (never played demon souls).

Much as I love Phil Spencer, this may have already lost them the generation.

3 hours ago, Clipper said:

never change rllmuk... i hope we are all here when we hare 50+ and 60+ arhuing the toss over PS6/XBOXfinalversion_X  and PS7/XBOXfinalversion_definite_vfinal_v2.X. Fuck you the PS7 sucks because I can't buy enough £80 games with my pension whereas XBOXfinalversion_definite_vfinal_v2.X brings me milky tea and biscuits with GamePass retired edition.

This post needs more love. And where can I preorder an XBOXfinalversion_definite_vfinal_v2.X?

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Please add to these opening post stats:

9 seconds from cold boot. Which means the C64 wins.

1 second boot up. ZX81 wins! *drops 16K Ram Pack*

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

What kind of a special cunt buys a fucking xbsx or xbss when a ps5 and demon souls exists

I mean, he's not wrong.

As a serious-ish answer: the kind of cunt who bought a PS3 in 2009 for Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2 and Valkyria Chronicles,* and isn't about to make that mistake again. Even if new Demon's Souls does look extremely pretty.

Edit: though, to clarify, I'm also not buying an XBX right now; just DS isn't swaying me in any direction.

* thank god for Sega in this instance, is all I'm saying

21 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Much as I love Phil Spencer, this may have already lost them the generation.

This is a seven year race, and people (parents) will only tolerate £70 games for so long.

DHP should cancel his Xbox and sit in the PS camp, his argument is tired now.

3 hours ago, sid said:

What kind of a special cunt buys a fucking xbsx or xbss when a ps5 and demon souls exists

Someone who values access to the best version of titles on Gamepass more than a couple of exclusive launch titles? I'm buying both at launch and am not sure which I'd choose if I could only buy one. Gamepass has been genuinely transformative to my purchasing and playing habits but I also agree the PS5 launch titles plus Dualsense are more immeditely exciting. 

They both have some great selling points, can that not be enough? (Silly question I know, it's the internet so we have to argue that our personal preference is objectively better).

3 hours ago, Vemsie said:

the best launch line-up for a Sony console yet. Not bad in the midst of a pandemic.

Pardon!? Are you 5 or something. I mean it’s the only way I can see anyone would call this the best yet, if it was the only one they had been alive for. But even then, we have the inter-me-web...