PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

Are we still on fucking batteries? I mean, is that REALLY all you Xbox Fan-muppets still have?  Like, really? :lol:

Let's change the subject slightly. I for one am really looking forward to Christmas this year. Why, you may ask? Well, Halo Infinite now has a firm December release date, and I can't fucking wait to see just how much of an actual shower of shit it actually is. :lol:

Terms and Conditions: This post is made in the spirit of the thread (fanboiz, lol). The author of this post will be happy to be proved wrong about Halo Infinite and is actually looking forward to playing it on PC via Gamepass. This does not affect your statutory rights. 

20 hours ago, deerokus said:

I quite like the design of the X. It does look a bit like an air purifier or something, but it's nice and simple while being distinctive.

I don't see what's Goth about it.

Yeah, it's a uniform dimensions black box.  It's essentially the exact same design as the One and well.. OG one. 

6 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I’ve not noticed this thread before, how the hell is it on 32 pages?!

Anyway, as someone with no allegiance to either camp it’s pretty obvious the Series S and Series X both look lovely, and the PS5 looks like the ugliest console in history, so hopefully that’s settled matters impartially and to everyone’s satisfaction.

I know. Quite easy really.

PS5 plays Gran Turismo, Uncharted and has a new controller with haptics etc.

Xbox plays Halo, Forza, Forza Horizon and has GamePass. And games mostly work on PC too or now a web browser.

Have both. :) You don't even need an Xbox console to play Xbox games these days anyway. Just sub to GPU for a month for £8 and fire up a browser and enjoy. See what the fuss is about. :) 

Part of the reason I shifted to PS5 anyway. Don't need a Xbox console anymore. But I can't get PS5 content anywhere else. 

7 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Anyway, as someone with no allegiance to either camp it’s pretty obvious the Series S and Series X both look lovely, and the PS5 looks like the ugliest console in history, so hopefully that’s settled matters impartially and to everyone’s satisfaction.

I dont think you have gone far enough, the PS5 is hideous but its worst crime is it looks cheap - those stupid blades and the CD bump make it look like a cheap knockoff product - luckily mine wont be on display or near the living room so I can hide the shame.

Ive just seen it again out of the corner of my eye 🤢🤢🤮

42 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Tedious console wars arguments from other threads get shovelled in here, bloating the page count. 

Everyone with any objective taste knows the S looks the best. Sleek, stylish. Strong, sharp corners. The black fan circle marries design and functionality.

Then, actually, when you have an artistic eye, you actually realise the PS5’s more novel design in next best, as it’s just interesting to look at, and we deserve to look at interesting things. Time will prove this, when people get nostalgic for the PS5 mini in 2050. It will get a reevaluation and people will claim they always loved it. 

Finally the series x looks like a monolith, which is obviously A Good Thing - but still only puts it in third place. 

Despite being the best of the current consoles, the switch actually comes fourth because it looks like an Amazon fire tablet and so has no design.  

For a reference point the GameCube it the best designed console of all time. Specifically the orange one that I will never get to own. 

These truths may hurt. But they are truth.  I own a book published by Taschen so I should know. 

Let me know if you need any other consoles ranked objectively. 

• rafaqat changed the title to PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

Also: Halo Infinite won “microsoft game of the show” at GamesCom. You know,up against stiff competition from, uh, thingie, and that other one…

up there with McDonalds employee of the month, or Adidas player of the World Cup being given to (Adidas contracted) Messi, despite losing the final that year.

I’ve gone all-in on PlayStation for this new gen as I don’t have the time or space for two ‘big’ consoles anymore.

But it truly is the fugliest thing I’ve ever seen.

Genuinely don’t know what they were thinking.

The PS4 slim is nice, I quite like how it looks (mine is the white one). The only PS home console that has looked good since the PS2 slim I'd say. Sony seem to have this need to overcomplicate their designs, far away from the very distinct and clean Sony aesthetic they used to have across all their products in the 90s and early 00s.

I was in CEX today and they were still trying to punt a ps5 (2nd hand at that) for 700 quid. Kind of mad. First time I've seen one in the flesh and jeez folk weren't kidding about the size, it was barely fitting in their cabinet. Surely they could have got it smaller with a more plain/boxy design.

4 hours ago, deerokus said:

Surely they could have got it smaller with a more plain/boxy design.

they could have made it smaller by using a vapour chamber instead of that ridiculous giant copper heat sink...that they decided to attach via liquid metal...

13 hours ago, deerokus said:

I was in CEX today and they were still trying to punt a ps5 (2nd hand at that) for 700 quid. Kind of mad. First time I've seen one in the flesh and jeez folk weren't kidding about the size, it was barely fitting in their cabinet. Surely they could have got it smaller with a more plain/boxy design.

Same here, saw one in cex and couldn't believe how huge and ugly it is. Loved the PS1, PS2, PS4 designs (PS3 not so much) and can see most of these being sold of when a smaller slim version comes along. Might be some decent exclusives out by then to.

On 26/08/2021 at 09:14, Uzi said:

Such eneloop - much wow

My SNES controller never runs out of battery FYI

Mine does, weirdly much more than my megadrive controller which given they're both 8BitDo models doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I know they’ve apparently fixed this now - but the most annoying thing about the PS5 is fitting that stand on when you want to put it horizontal. It’s forever coming off mine when I plug charging cables in, leaving the PS5 wobbling around. I don’t care too much about how it looks, but couldn’t they have at least given it a flat underside?