IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

1 minute ago, therearerules said:

Utterly bizarre posting in here. If you're paying full price for GP just buy it when there's something you want to play on it. If you're paying 3.99 a month, or whatever the cheapo deal is, then it's an objective bloody bargain unless you literally don't have the time to play any games, in which case *massive shrug*.

Oh totally, by the time my gamepass expires, I'll bet bottom dollar they've killed the deal. And then I'm totally subbing back and forth when stuffs worthwhile. Except I hope by then, MS has got regular releases up and running again.

42 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Thing is as well, if people said to me - well which did you enjoy more, the last 6 months of Game Pass with everything on it (about £50) or the Metroid Dread (£50)

The answer would be Dread.

Which has given you more joy? Gamepass since launch versus Demon Souls? Demon Souls. Night and day.

So there you go... you get more value out of buying and playing single games on systems. Everyone is different.. celebrate the differences plenty of options and choices out there... I hate Metroid games for example and Demon's Souls type games leave me cold*- doesn't make them bad just games I don't enjoy. :) 

By and large these days hardware is the same (well PS5/Xbox Series X)... give or take... just comes down to what you want to play and what you want to pay doesn't it....

Anyway...too sensible for a console wars topic.... :D Just buy all the consoles... then get paralysis of choice. have no space for them all and have no time to play all the content! :D These are the real challenges these days. Time challenges. And more to the point trying to justify to the other half why you need to have all these game boxes... :D 

* I've tried Metroid and Bloodborne in the past. Whilst not playing Demon's Souls it looks to be of a similar nature.

This railing against people clicking on a few MS Rewards things for a couple of minutes a day because of their "dignity" is bizarre. It basically pays minimum wage for those couple of minutes. So unless you're seriously saying people who earn minimum wage have no dignity, I don't see what the issue is.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

This railing against people clicking on a few MS Rewards things for a couple of minutes a day because of their "dignity" is bizarre. It basically pays minimum wage for those couple of minutes. So unless you're seriously saying people who earn minimum wage have no dignity, I don't see what the issue is.

This is boardering on changing the subject but I mean yeah there are plenty of jobs, at any amount of pay, that undermine your dignity as a human being. I mean to be more precise It’s the organisation that’s undignified and the person that’s exploited. 

I’ve worked a bunch myself. Pretty much every role on a production line is below humans. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you can find some outliers who enjoy them. But they are literally amongst the hardest jobs a human being can do (only someone who hasn’t properly worked one will think otherwise) the tedium, the rsi, the stress, the pace, the treatment. It’s a multinational exploiting a human being. 

It’s less about the amount of money, it’s about the sour taste of ‘engagement’, and ‘metrics’ and ‘big data’ that run through it all. Some highly paid dick is in some boardroom somewhere talking about skinner boxes and trickle down increased engagement of the mtx ecosystem and so on and it’s just horrible. 

32 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

If you got paid minimum wage that could only be spent in the place you work then sure it's the same.

I've worked in retail companies where bonuses in the form of vouchers were exactly that.

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

. I know I could have just downloaded an old R&C game but that is somewhat missing the point as I wanted something to play that used/shows of the features of the PS5.

I meant to see if you liked the style of game first, which you don’t seem to, not instead of the PS5 game.

So if you want to play a first party game on Xbox you can either…

Buy it new for £54.99

Wait a while and buy it second hand for less

Use MS Rewards to get Gamepass for free

Plus probably a few more ways I can’t be arsed thinking of.

On PS5 you can only do a couple of the above and if you’re buying it new, it’s going to cost you £70.

You’d have to be pretty special to think the Sony way of doing things is better.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

This railing against people clicking on a few MS Rewards things for a couple of minutes a day because of their "dignity" is bizarre. It basically pays minimum wage for those couple of minutes. So unless you're seriously saying people who earn minimum wage have no dignity, I don't see what the issue is

Technically I earn more than my current hourly rate when doing rewards!

I click one button and it's all done automatically. So basically a second each day. 

I might spend about 30-45 mins tops getting the daily and weekly rewards each month. 

I have made roughly £25 this month so far. 

It's brilliant. I have game pass topped already for 3 years and have an abundance on upcoming massive games hitting day one. Then if I fancy a game not on gamepass I just spend some reward points. 

I got rid of my PS5 with the plan to buy another one when God of War comes out but I'm quickly realising "what's the point? I have limited time as it is and I'm saving thousands. Paying £60-70 just seems stupid"

51 minutes ago, JPL said:

Buy it new for £54.99

On PS5 you can only do a couple of the above and if you’re buying it new, it’s going to cost you £70.

You’d have to be pretty special to think the Sony way of doing things is better.

Yeah well you get what you pay for eh ;)

45 minutes ago, Ry said:

I got rid of my PS5 with the plan to buy another one when God of War comes out but I'm quickly realising "what's the point? I have limited time as it is and I'm saving thousands. Paying £60-70 just seems stupid

Rapidly becoming my plan too. Although I expect I won't have time either. Problem is getting hold of another might still be difficult and really interested in PSVR2.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Buy it new for £54.99

In the spirit of the thread - I agree first party games are brilliantly priced. The problem is for the first year there hasn’t been any.

(And even now we’ve only psychonauts and the worlds best version of google maps.)

14 hours ago, MattyP said:

Rapidly becoming my plan too. Although I expect I won't have time either. Problem is getting hold of another might still be difficult and really interested in PSVR2.

Saw one the other week for sale in CEX for £720. Get rid and get something better, they will come out readioly available eventually and be much cheaper.

15 hours ago, Ry said:

Technically I earn more than my current hourly rate when doing rewards!

I click one button and it's all done automatically. So basically a second each day. 

I might spend about 30-45 mins tops getting the daily and weekly rewards each month. 

I have made roughly £25 this month so far. 

It's brilliant. I have game pass topped already for 3 years and have an abundance on upcoming massive games hitting day one. Then if I fancy a game not on gamepass I just spend some reward points. 

I got rid of my PS5 with the plan to buy another one when God of War comes out but I'm quickly realising "what's the point? I have limited time as it is and I'm saving thousands. Paying £60-70 just seems stupid"

Which extension do you use? ABS no longer auto runs the reward tasks for me.

30 minutes ago, Isaac said:

This is the worst take I've read all month.

Agreed, isn’t it Bing Maps?

However it is basically just flying over some streaming maps with some very advanced AI that places trees in the middle of roads/bridges and on top of buildings.

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Agreed, isn’t it Bing Maps?

However it is basically just flying over some streaming maps with some very advanced AI that places trees in the middle of roads/bridges and on top of buildings.

They do seem to pop up in the most unlikely places as you say, roads, buildings, inside your head. 🤷

Flight Simulator's AI does seem very trigger-happy in terms of plonking down trees. If you fly around the dockyards in San Francisco, it seems to enjoy putting them on ships and shipping containers, giving things a nice Last of Us vibe. New York in particular looks post-apocalyptic with all the random trees seemingly reclaiming the buildings.

That's not to diminish the staggering achievement of the game, which is so far ahead of any previous world simulation I can scarcely believe it's real.

18 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Free with GP on day one. Take that PS5!

In the spirit of the thread, gamepass getting the worst of the three, and ps now the second best isn’t quite the own it comes across as. 

Either way if it ain’t vice what’s the point? 

"Players will also be able to experience Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition with Xbox Game Pass starting November 11.

Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition will be available on PlayStation Now starting December 7."

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4kaa7414o5k979/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-coming-november-11

so...yeah...but its not Vice, so what's point