IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

3 hours ago, El Spatula said:

To clarify:

I guess RE4 was great, and Metroid Prime.

And F-Zero GX, and Viewtiful Joe.

There are only a handful of games where punching someone in the face is about as satisfying as the real thing, and VJ is one of them.

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

...and at least 50 others https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/best-gamecube-games

unless you don't actually like videogames, or have tastes/requirements that are so unbelievably thin & specific that you'll never be satisfied with almost anything. 

Ah this old chestnut. 

YoU dOnT LiKE ViDeOGaMeS 

Viewtiful Joe was great but was as good on PS2 innit. 

Let's be very clear here: there are precisely five great Gamecube-exclusive games: F-Zero GX; Metroid Prime; P.N.03; Super Monkey Ball; WarioWare Mega Party Games. Which, you know, is better than none!

"Not as bad as the 32X", now there's a fitting epitaph.

3 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Let's be very clear here: there are precisely five great Gamecube-exclusive games: F-Zero GX; Metroid Prime; P.N.03; Super Monkey Ball; WarioWare Mega Party Games. Which, you know, is better than none!

lol

2 minutes ago, Wiper said:

WTF!

Animal_Crossing_Coverart.png

Paper_Mario_The_Thousand-Year_Door_(artw

Mario_Kart_Double_Dash.jpg

Lmbox.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wiper said:

In my eyes RE4 is a GameCube exclusive because none of the other eight million versions can be played on a controller with a MASSIVE ‘a’ button, which is how that game is meant to be experienced.

10 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

WTF!

Animal_Crossing_Coverart.png

Paper_Mario_The_Thousand-Year_Door_(artw

Mario_Kart_Double_Dash.jpg

Lmbox.jpg

Those are all "good"*, to be sure. But far from great.

I'm not knocking that era of Nintendo here, to be clear — they absolutely knocked it out of the park with the GBA. It's just clear (as the Switch would later demonstrate in fixing the issue) that Nintendo couldn't quite manage to support both a handheld and a TV console to their fullest. No shame in that!

*apart from Double Dash, which as we all know Edge infamously overscored

13 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Its even more beautiful in spice orange or indigo or any of the colours - just so we know where you stand on matters of taste…. Do you have a grey switch?

Silver here - but I secretly wish I had got purple. But I got several Zeldas to compensate, so I'm good.

2 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

...and at least 50 others https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/best-gamecube-games

unless you don't actually like videogames, or have tastes/requirements that are so unbelievably thin & specific that you'll never be satisfied with almost anything. 

I just had a look at that list and the only Nintendo exclusive I have any interest in would be Fire Emblem (and indeed, I played and completed that earlier this year).

Guess I don't like games then, despite owning, enjoying playing and completing lots of them.

What a silly thing to say. 

35 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I just had a look at that list and the only Nintendo exclusive I have any interest in would be Fire Emblem (and indeed, I played and completed that earlier this year).

Guess I don't like games then, despite owning, enjoying playing and completing lots of them.

Feel free to consider the right side from the "or" in that statement then. 

It's all subjective, there's no acounting for taste. Especially it seems, bad taste. 

2 hours ago, Gabe said:

Ah, come now, this is the precise thread for these sorts of statements! Though admittedly we have somewhat swerved off-generation.

Double Dash wasn't even good at the time. If you you were ranking the Mario Kart games it'd be seventh or eighth on the list depending on if you included Tour in the list. 

Jeez some horrible MK hot takes here..

8, SNES, 7, GBA, DS, DD, Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>64.

Tour isnt even a game.

I think apart from the obvious ones, Rogue Squadron 2 was my favourite GC game. Everyone always forgets it, but it was brilliant, a great technical showpiece as well as a solid game.

7 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I think apart from the obvious ones, Rogue Squadron 2 was my favourite GC game. Everyone always forgets it, but it was brilliant, a great technical showpiece as well as a solid game.

That was the launch game right? Amazing game yeah I replayed the fuck out of it for years.

The one after that with on-foot sections was shocking though. 

8 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

That was the launch game right? Amazing game yeah I replayed the fuck out of it for years.

Yes, came out at launch.

13 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Rebel Strike? Didn't it come with a two player version of Rogue Squadron 2? That was amazing.