IGNORED

PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X - Console Warz R Srs Business!

rafaqat

Super Circuit's great! :wub: 

And, uh, I skipped the GC - I went from Xbox and PS2 to 360 and didn't bother looking back. Although that did mean I ended up playing Super Monkey Ball, VJ and Resi on PS2 *hides*

But I have such daft taste that the only GC games I regret not discovering are things like Baten Kaitos and that dodgy pinball strategy game.

4 minutes ago, phresh said:

Rebel Strike? Didn't it come with a two player version of Rogue Squadron 2? That was amazing.

Oh god yeah it did didn’t it? Although I seem to remember it feeling a bit “thin” compared to the original, like the explosions lacked punch and stuff like that. Obviously they had to make compromises to fit it all in. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

The Xbox showcase fallout. Forza looks crap, Starfield analysis, Kojima is a traitor and Persona sends people over the edge.

:D Not sure what the issue is.. I mean it will be years before he gets anything new out... and... well you know PS5 owners can play a few AAA games whilst MS seem to have ran out steam... well you know GamePass is cheap right... so there is that... Forza Motorsport... 2..0..2..3.... jeez...

Think when you start comparing little nuances like these you have remember one thing. You can enjoy Gran Turismo 7 now. In a years time it will be have updated many times with content. Hopefully PSVR2 will be out and integrated into the GT experience.

Don't doubt Forza will be good when it gets released. And this is the crux of it. It's all well and good touting a GamePass service with AAA games on day and date with retail releases. However when they are so far away? Not sure. I for one am disappointed with MS's content so far. The indie content has been it's saving grace for me. I was expecting to play the next FM this autumn. When if finally gets released my GamePass will have expired. Not sure I'll be resubbing TBH. Don't think the AAA games are the ones I want to play anymore. Still insane value though even if you play indie games.

Also going to try Sony's offering when it gets a UK release shortly for a few months to see what it's like and how it compares to GP

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news about Persona of course. I can't justify immediately buying all of the consoles every generation, so exclusivity is always a pain. Consequently, I'm all for more games being released on everything. (Also, PC releases of the games sidestep the dilemma anyway - as long as my ageing desktop meets the system requirements. :blush: )

Super-curious about where P6 will end up now. We should find out in Autumn, as their "year of announcements" will probably end on a reveal of the next game.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

🤣 Plenty to play until it releases! November is a great time TBH on those cold winter nights to be playing something like God Of War. GoW in PS4 was an amazing game. This will he insane. 

4 hours ago, MattyP said:

🤣 Plenty to play until it releases! November is a great time TBH on those cold winter nights to be playing something like God Of War. GoW in PS4 was an amazing game. This will he insane. 

you could fire up the series x and play… something?

my series s keeps the dust off my ps5

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Probably the wrong place to ask but GoW Ragnarok is coming to PS4 as well, right? I might pick it up as my Christmas game.

yes.

38 minutes ago, layten said:

The Series S fan exhaust is that powerful?

It's like pointing a desk fan at an apartment building. I doubt that Series S does much against the dust on his PS5.

The massive exhaust of my Series X is pointed at my PS5 and even so the opposite half of that massive console gets dusty.