DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Thor

1 hour ago, Thor said:

What if they attempt to deliver while you're at the drive-thru? Why take that risk?

Do you honestly think I haven't planned this with meticulous detail?! :P

My wife will be at home (on maternity leave) so if DPD attempt to deliver the digital machine while I'm out collecting mine I have nothing to worry about.

Smyth's open at 7am too and DPD don't start until a bit later so I've got a window there too.

:lol:

Oh, Thursday. Why are you still three sleeps away?

@teddymeow

I can confirm that the new breakfast roll is decent. Not up there with the sadly-missed, late, great Breakfast Wrap but as a lighter, healthier (relatively speaking) alternative to the double sausage McMuffin, it's a good un. Would I try it again? I think I would. No great cravings but it's got its own unique vibe. Almost like a regular old-school 69p hamburger rubbery sweetness to the bun itself and a well-balanced stack of breakfast fillings which never threaten to spill out or collapse the bun. If I had the option of fucking work off on Thursday, I would absolutely join you and compare tasting notes before collecting my PS5, getting it set up, downloading Demon's Souls and blasting piping hot piss down the vents. 

1 minute ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Me too, brother. I think they only stopped it because I always had it. 

I remember when I found out. It was my Dad who told me. He was proper pissed off about it. For about a month every time I saw him he'd mention it. Funny the things you remember. 

I think he's over it. I aren't ask incase he has some kind of relapse.

5 hours ago, Tomdominer said:

@Marlew and @Jonamok any "VERY" good news? All I have is "Order being processed at supplier", what ever the fuck that means.

My account has also said that since I ordered it in September, plus the rather useful:

Your expected delivery date:

On or before Monday 28th September

Er?

I’m still waiting on a Very update, but keep the faith. My Series X was on time, updates from Yodel were spot on and the communication was decent throughout. 

For the weeks from ordering to delivery I kept getting emails from Very saying that everything was on track for my purchase to be with me on release day. It was like having an unwell kid in the back of your car, repeatedly being reassured that everything was fine and they weren’t going to be sick, shortly before the little git fucked everything up and threw up Fruit Shoot and Frosties all over the car. 

9 hours ago, hombre_hompson said:

Game still haven't taken my payment. Don't know if this means anything but starting to get a little nervous.

Yup, much discussion and consternation in the stock informer thread from those that ordered later, using the 'glitchy' method. I don't think anyone who ordered after 22/10 has had payment taken yet. Game have said that payment will be taken by the 18th (and also subsequently said 17th I think...???) so we'll see today.

51 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Exactly the same for me. No movement with Very but still expected to arrive, with a signature required, on Thursday. 

At least you other Very people have a launch day delivery date. Mine is nonsense. Worried now.

23 minutes ago, jonamok said:

At least you other Very people have a launch day delivery date. Mine is nonsense. Worried now.

Have you checked your order recently? Next to the delivery date it should say when the order was last checked by them. Mine was checked yesterday and there’s no negative update so fingers are resolutely crossed. 

F2F349C5-570F-498D-A868-236A105D68B1.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Have you checked your order recently? Next to the delivery date it should say when the order was last checked by them. Mine was checked yesterday and there’s no negative update so fingers are resolutely crossed. 

F2F349C5-570F-498D-A868-236A105D68B1.jpeg

Yep, mine literally says:

Order Placed

1 of 1

Delivery by Monday 28 September (checked on 16/11/2020).

Maybe they have a Delorean. Will have to call them I guess.

Just now, jonamok said:

Yep, mine literally says:

Order Placed

1 of 1

Delivery by Monday 28 September (checked on 16/11/2020).

Will have to call them I guess.

It’s similar to what they did with my Series X order and that was fine. 

Without wishing to tempt fate, I’d be more relaxed with a Very order than anywhere else, despite the lack of an update email. A lot of their PS5 orders will be credit orders and so there’s even more financial rewards for Very in getting these to folks on release day. 

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

For the weeks from ordering to delivery I kept getting emails from Very saying that everything was on track for my purchase to be with me on release day. It was like having an unwell kid in the back of your car, repeatedly being reassured that everything was fine and they weren’t going to be sick, shortly before the little git fucked everything up and threw up Fruit Shoot and Frosties all over the car. 

Mate did you see the scenes in the Xbox dispatch thread? Customer services departments across the land were fielding feverish calls checking the status of people's orders. They are probably trying to reduce those as much as possible :lol:

11 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I saw a lot of issues with Amazon (myself included) but wasn’t aware that Very had similar issues? Gulp.

Oh no to be clear I didn't see any issue with Very either (it's who I have pre-ordered with) was just a general observation of people getting super twitchy about their pre-orders!

image.thumb.png.ddcc3408e68798ce789a30ac9bdcc326.png

I am ready for the PS5, although still waiting on WRC 9 coming but I expect that Thursday.

Sorry for the blatant brag post but what a couple of weeks this will have been. All I can say is thankfully i'm getting mine from GAME at midnight. Launch day for the Xbox Series X was almost ruined by Amazon and the buzz was officially murdered by them. I always get my consoles in store as I hate relying on that wonder regarding launch day delivery, but due to Covid-19 and a potential lockdown surrounding the launch dates I decided to stay at home the morning of the XSX preorders and try and get one online.

Just to make you all panic, a lot of people got the same email for the XSX from Amazon stating launch day delivery (including myself) but some were let down, here's my experience....

Day before launch, everybody is a buzz and in the XSX dispatch thread left right and centre people are postng their dispatch emails/updates from Amazon (and other retailers), i'm patiently waiting on my notification, nothing happens and theres many others panicing in the thread also. It's getting closer to midnight payment hasn't even been taken. For context I have Amazon Prime.

9th Nov - Amazon status

All Day - XSX Arriving Tuesday 10th (Launch Day)

23:47 - Payment Taken - FINALLY, YES ITS HAPPENING

23:52 - Dispatched - OMG WHAT WAS I WORRIED ABOUT

10th Nov - Launch day

05:00 - Est Delivery Notification - Thursday 12th Nov - WHAT??

07:00 - Wake up, check everything, launch day buzz killed - thanks Amazon.

What is weird at this time, it had dispatched but was showing in Peterborough, i'm in Scotland.

08:00 - Talk to Amazon customer service, they confirm it will arrve Thursday - NOOOOO

09:00 - I go for a cry in the bath

I keep checking most of the day and at 2pm it reaches Edinburgh and 10mins later is out for delivery.

18:30 it arrives on my doorstep, Launch day saved, emotional dishevelled wreck, my new toy is in my hands, I can return to adulthood.

Prepare yourself for Thursday folks :lol: