DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

20 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Who are the best to order from here? Sounds like you went with BOL?

I went with BOL but they sold out in 20 minutes back in September when the preorders went live. You might get lucky with another retailer who has stock on day one, but I've heard the likes of Coolblue received only a few hundred PS5s total. 

14 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

.::: I understood that reference.

[edit] URGENT REQUEST to replace the forum font!!!!111

Ah man, that's nostalgic! Shame about the font...

In other news, I’m hugely relieved that my fucked-up Very order has actually dispatched. :omg:

I don’t even care it’s with Yodel. Just glad it exists and it’s (probably) on its way (somewhere).

Spider Miles special edition and Demon’s Souls are sat here ready to rock. And I have Thursday and Friday off.

Come on Yodel, with your great power comes a great responsibility to bring me my PS5 so the world may be mended.

1 hour ago, Sell73Out said:

Aaaand now a lovely ‘it’s shipped’ email from ShopTo to compliment the website update :wub:

“PLEASE NOTE Tracking details will most likely not begin to update until 8pm this evening. ”

Sam here. Had 2 emails. one from ShopTo and One from CentreSoft.

Then an alert on the DPD app.

:omg:

40 minutes ago, Madness said:

Guess who forgot to put their street address on their pre order? It just has my house number and postcode. I’m hoping that’s enough information for the courier to get here! :unsure:

As @p1nseeker has said, everyone's Argos orders are the same - my DPD tracking info shows my full address. :)

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

As @p1nseeker has said, everyone's Argos orders are the same - my DPD tracking info shows my full address. :)

phew - thanks both! Now it’s time to play the waiting game. 

unbelievably my work expect me to get stuff done today instead of spending all day refreshing my Argos order! Cheeky bastards. 

2 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Well I can tell you that Birchwood isn't on the Isle of Man as a starter for ten.

Edit - It's in Warrington, which is the Hermes hub it's coming through so no doubt it's just a kink on the reporting system and that just means it's left the depot.  Either that or someone's getting a free PS5.

I hope the Steam Racket isn't bringing it over :lol:

26 minutes ago, Parappa said:

I hope the Steam Racket isn't bringing it over :lol:

Yup, if they sail today.  We've got a severe gale warning and GAME Douglas have sent out texts warning people their pre-orders might not reach the island for tomorrow.  Exciting times!

1 minute ago, El Geet said:

Got a text and app notification from DPD.  Argos website still says nothing.

(Centresoft also)

I meant when making the order. They’re putting some more stock up tomorrow and I’m wondering which is quicker and less likely to crash. 

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

I meant when making the order. They’re putting some more stock up tomorrow and I’m wondering which is quicker and less likely to crash. 

Sorry, don't know.  I used the website for pre-order FWIW and was fine.

My order is now showing in the DPD app. Question is, do I pay £5 extra to upgrade it to a pre-noon delivery considering I have the day off work? I don't want to waste the day off waiting but the cheap-ass side of me will be annoyed if it was due to arrive before then anyway :lol:

1 minute ago, Majora said:

My order is now showing in the DPD app. Question is, do I pay £5 extra to upgrade it to a pre-noon delivery considering I have the day off work? I don't want to waste the day off waiting but the cheap-ass side of me will be annoyed if it was due to arrive before then anyway :lol:

Pay it, for the price of a cup of coffee and a croissant it’s not worth thinking about.

According to hotukdeals people, tomorrow's ordering times

Tesco: 9am
Game: 9am
Currys: 9am
Argos: 11:30am 
Amazon: 12pm
Asda/George: "Morning"

John Lewis: "Morning"

Like they mention though, these might be "order now for delivery next month" and NOT collection by the weekend for example...

4 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

Currys = Scalpers now?

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 15.48.40.png

It’s for pre orders - their system can’t handle it, so instead they give you a code for £2000 off a PS5 for you to buy it. Utter nonsense but if it works, it works. 

i think they’ve said all £2500 orders get cancelled straight away. 

Argos crew represent! Yes got my confirmation from DPD, as I live in Brighton and hove I'm looking forward to Chris Eubank turning up at my flat tomorrow to hand me my console.

Anyone expecting a DPD delivery get the app if you don't have it, it should then confirm and give you that peace of mind.

48 minutes ago, Marvin Morris said:

What the **** are Game playing at.

Putting mine away until Christmas but would have been nice to get it delivered tomorrow when I know somebody is at home whilst I’m at work. 

Yeah same with mine. Seems very late to not have taken payment. Written off it shipping today. Annoying given they are talking about taking more orders tomorrow.