DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Just now, pledge said:

Yeah same with mine. Seems very late to not have taken payment. Written off it shipping today. Annoying given they are talking about taking more orders tomorrow.

Yep. How they can they call it a pre-order with a straight face, if it doesn’t have any chance of getting delivered on day of release. 

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

In other news, I’m hugely relieved that my fucked-up Very order has actually dispatched. :omg:

I don’t even care it’s with Yodel. Just glad it exists and it’s (probably) on its way (somewhere).

Spider Miles special edition and Demon’s Souls are sat here ready to rock. And I have Thursday and Friday off.

Come on Yodel, with your great power comes a great responsibility to bring me my PS5 so the world may be mended.

Pretty much my entire situation too.

8 minutes ago, Baring said:

Smyths took my money but nothing regarding delivery yet. It’ll be fine. Except the delivery address is to my ex’s. God help me. 

Check the "track my order" link on the order page. No email or notification but DPD are now saying they have it and expect to deliver tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, Sell73Out said:

Didn’t realise you could request a certain time on DPD... just paid a tenner to guarantee it before 10:30 8-)

@Thor too - if I spent another £10 on top of the 3080, Quest 2 and this bloody thing with some games I think I'll be thrown out the house at 120fps - usually my dpd comes around 1-3pm so I'll try and work those hours lol

1 minute ago, Uzi said:

@Thor too - if I spent another £10 on top of the 3080, Quest 2 and this bloody thing with some games I think I'll be thrown out the house at 120fps - usually my dpd comes around 1-3pm so I'll try and work those hours lol

It's just £10, she won't notice. ;)

12 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I presume Argos use a company named Centresoft for video games console distribution? 

:omg::omg::omg:

image.png.47087184b823f417cf2cced386c4a0a6.png

Centresoft are a massive videogames distributor in the UK, so I suspect Argos have simply procured their launch day stock from them and are shipping straight from their warehouse to customers, rather than via their own warehouses. Makes sense.

GAME click and collect update

Just received an e-mail with a £30 discount code for specific next gen launch titles. Options seem to be Control Ultimate Edition :blink: Avengers :seanr: and Dirt 5 :eyebrows:

I had no plans to pick up Dirt 5 as Hot Pursuit Remastered is going to be one of the first things I re-download but with a £30 discount? 

Heads to the Dirt 5 thread to see if its actually any good

Money taken, Amazon status updated to ‘Dispatched - delivery appointment scheduled’. Looks like I’m getting Amazon Logistics.

Last week my peripherals turned up at about 7pm and I vaguely remember my PS4 turning up about 7pm too (both with Amazon Logistics) so probably going to be hopping on the next gen bus a bit later than most here!

Hi Customer,

Thank you for ordering a PlayStation 5 with GAME.

We wanted to let you know that our teams have been working hard over the past few weeks to prepare your order for you.

Due to the volume of PlayStation 5’s in the UK market and the size of the product, the launch has led to UK wide delivery challenges for all Retailers and Couriers. Our aim has always been to ensure that as many orders arrive on time for release day as possible therefore, we have had to secure multiple couriers to help try to achieve this.

However, for reasons beyond the control of GAME, YODEL have informed us today (18th November) that not all orders due to be delivered by them will be delivered on release day. This is due to capacity issues in their delivery network and may mean that your tracking information is not fully updated until Friday.

You will receive tracking information later today to the email address that you placed your order with and can click through the link to see the status of your order. Please continue to check your email Inbox and Junk/Spam folders for delivery updates directly from YODEL.

We would like to apologise for any disappointment that this may cause you but we can assure you that your console is packed and ready to be delivered by one of our couriers.

Thanks,
The GAME Team

As if delivery changing to Yodel couldn't get any worse.