IGNORED

DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Thor

Depending on whether or not it actually gets despatched tonight, I might still try to get one from Argos tomorrow. GAME make you pay return postage. If I just refuse delivery, it should go straight back and I get a refund, right?

edit: And I've just got an email saying it's being packed, so I guess things are looking good. :D

26 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

GAME click and collect update

Just received an e-mail with a £30 discount code for specific next gen launch titles. Options seem to be Control Ultimate Edition :blink: Avengers :seanr: and Dirt 5 :eyebrows:

I had no plans to pick up Dirt 5 as Hot Pursuit Remastered is going to be one of the first things I re-download but with a £30 discount? 

Heads to the Dirt 5 thread to see if its actually any good

Yeah just got that from them. The Avengers really bombed, eh?

Just now, Steven said:

Yeah just got that from them. The Avengers really bombed, eh?

Horrendously from what I gather, which is clearly why its one of the options along with Control, which was on Playstation Now a few months ago and cant be shifting many units. I really enjoyed Control to be fair but its a poor option for 'next gen launch' deal. I would be happier with a wider selection of PS4 games to pick from and enjoy on the PS5. But they clearly have specific reasons for these 3 being the only ones available.

Just now, MardiganX said:

Horrendously from what I gather, which is clearly why its one of the options along with Control, which was on Playstation Now a few months ago and cant be shifting many units. I really enjoyed Control to be fair but its a poor option for 'next gen launch' deal. I would be happier with a wider selection of PS4 games to pick from and enjoy on the PS5. But they clearly have specific reasons for these 3 being the only ones available.

A genuine deal would have been a code for money off an actual PS5 game. 

Oh and for anyone trading their PS4 in tonight / tomorrow remember to do the full initialisation process to factory reset the machine. I got stung with that when I was getting my Pro and had to go back home and do it all before heading back in suitably ashamed of myself. It takes a couple of hours too so if not done already, get it done now :)

My last action on the PS4 was to get skelped 7-4 in a game of FIFA Ultimate Team... I'm hopeful the PS5 will see a turn in fortune for me!

1 minute ago, Steven said:

A genuine deal would have been a code for money off an actual PS5 game. 

Well Dirt 5 is there, but that is it. I'm going to chance it and ask for the code to be used on something else when I am in store tonight but not expecting them to humour me.

Just now, MardiganX said:

Oh and for anyone trading their PS4 in tonight / tomorrow remember to do the full initialisation process to factory reset the machine. I got stung with that when I was getting my Pro and had to go back home and do it all before heading back in suitably ashamed of myself. It takes a couple of hours too so if not done already, get it done now :)

My last action on the PS4 was to get skelped 7-4 in a game of FIFA Ultimate Team... I'm hopeful the PS5 will see a turn in fortune for me!

All I think about @MardiganX when I see you trading a machine in is the time you traded your XBox in and had that wee kid using your profile the day after :lol:

3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Do they offer a DPD like live tracking service? So you can see your delivery number and where the driver is currently?

When the driver is close enough a map shows up on the Amazon order page, but I'm not sure what the threshold is. I know that one of my orders showed it straight away as I was stop 7.

6 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Do they offer a DPD like live tracking service? So you can see your delivery number and where the driver is currently?

Amazon delivery tracking is usually just a (sometimes fluid) timed window until they are 8 stops away at which point you you can track it via GPS usually.

Be aware though last Saturday we had a delivery "before 12pm" which kept shifting throughout the day and it arrived at about 5:30pm so don't hold much to that until you get the notification it's X stop away.

So I'm an Amazon boy. I've been charged this morning and had my status changed to dispatched just after. How do I see what time I should be expecting it and who's delivering, or is that another step?

These console launches remind me of the sensation of eyeing whether my Dad is going to make another 5 slices of toast before we get to open our Christmas presents. 

3 hours ago, Bleeders said:

Got the same. I dare say it will be 48 hours as well, since my DualSense Charge station was sent on Monday and arrived today

I think Royal Mail like to make a point of RM48 not arriving in 24 hours, so suspect you’re right. 

I just hope it’s 48 hours as in Friday and not 48 hours as in “should be Saturday but RM48 doesn’t include that, so is going to be Monday.”