IGNORED

DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

Thor

5 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

So I'm an Amazon boy. I've been charged this morning and had my status changed to dispatched just after. How do I see what time I should be expecting it and who's delivering, or is that another step?

These console launches remind me of the sensation of eyeing whether my Dad is going to make another 5 slices of toast before we get to open our Christmas presents. 

You can't just now.

Also, the order status being dispatched on the site/app doesn't seem to mean anything. If you go into the detail you can see "Delivery appointment scheduled". My order wasn't actually dispatched until about 6 hours later.

I’m on Prime so have a reasonable amount of experience with them. They have shipped/dispatched my stuff in the early hours before. For me, I usually have my status as dispatched until about midday on the day of delivery (often later). This’ll then update to Out For Delivery with an estimated time. Usually about an hour or 7/8 stops before my estimated time I am able to get GPS tracking from my order page on Amazon.

Can’t guarantee anything obviously, but don’t worry too much as they do work well into the late hours so things should still be okay hopefully.

11 minutes ago, Majora said:

Amazon will literally dispatch stuff in the middle of the night sometimes and still deliver next day, calm down.

I've bought 4 days worth of supplies, unplugged the phone, turned off Facebook and my mobile... I can't calm down... its nearly launch day!

My Amazon order says dispatched with delivery appointment booked.

But I know from experience that it can sit like that until the actual day of delivery. I'm not so far from the Leeds depot and they can dispatch stuff in the afternoon to arrive by 10pm!! It's gonna be an anxious 24 hours but I'm not worried really, just gotta chill out and trust it'll arrive :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zombait said:

My Amazon order says dispatched with delivery appointment booked.

But I know from experience that it can sit like that until the actual day of delivery. I'm not so far from the Leeds depot and they can dispatch stuff in the afternoon to arrive by 10pm!! It's gonna be an anxious 24 hours but I'm not worried really, just gotta chill out and trust it'll arrive :lol:

Can you drive round and knock on the window? Ask where ours are?

36 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think Royal Mail like to make a point of RM48 not arriving in 24 hours, so’s suspect you’re right. 

I just hope it’s 48 hours as in Friday and not 48 hours as in “should be Saturday but RM48 doesn’t include that, so is going to be Monday.”

A 48 is 2-3 days but most of the time they get it in two(94% apparently) But there is currently a load of people off work with the virus cos we're packed in like sardines in the offices so that might affect things.

But 3 days should be the longest you should be waiting.

Argos have failed me (or maybe DPD has)

Not completely, but mine won't get delivered until Friday. (apparently)

How difficult can it be to have these things shipped to the nearest distribution centre prior to launch?

I guess Demon Souls will have to wait a little longer.

1 minute ago, FiveFootNinja said:

What's the dram? I'm on a Caol Ila Distillers Edition... only the best will do for a console launch night.

The Tullibardine that was shown as on offer in the Whisky thread. Wasn't keen on the neck pour, but it's actually alright. Not worth full price though.