DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

8 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Well done!

John Lewis home page isn't even loading for me :lol:

I got to that page and was about to click buy, dithered while wondering how I would explain that my playstation has always been a massive white box sat by the TV honest to my Wife when we could do with buying a new fridge and then it was gone.  

I'm in the Amazon radio silence camp. It's been in the depot five miles away since 1am and still no delivery details. Delighted for everyone who've already got theirs while also wanting to spoon my own eyes out in childish frustration.

20 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

IT'S ARRIVED!!!!!! 

My DPD Guy Onofrio said 'i'm very busy man, because of these, my van and the depot are full of playstations' 

Top guy Onofrio, you got here early, I rate that.

I wonder if Sony will give us some day 1 sales figures. Microsoft didn't I believe? 

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

The utter chaos of this morning makes me feel a lot better about not having had a despatch email from GAME. Hopefully we'll hear something today.

I'm also hoping "RM48" might get changed to something else, but we'll see, I suppose.

Did your GAME mail say it was being dispatched "the day before release"?

Mine does and I still haven't heard from them on a dispatch.

4 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

The utter chaos of this morning makes me feel a lot better about not having had a despatch email from GAME. Hopefully we'll hear something today.

I'm also hoping "RM48" might get changed to something else, but we'll see, I suppose.

Have Game made any statement about why they didn't dispatch them? I saw the one about the Yodel delay but that didn't mention anything about Royal Mail being included in that.

I think there's zero chance they'll upgrade the delivery, given it's Game and it would cut into their profit.

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I haven’t had a dispatch or a despatch email from them either. Sigh. Order was still showing as unshipped before their website fell over.

3 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Did your GAME mail say it was being dispatched "the day before release"?

Mine does and I still haven't heard from them on a dispatch.

1 minute ago, pledge said:

Have Game made any statement about why they didn't dispatch them? I saw the one about the Yodel delay but that didn't mention anything about Royal Mail being included in that.

I think there's zero chance they'll upgrade the delivery, given it's Game and it would cut into their profit.

Yeah, it said day before release. But a lot of the email just looks like boiler plate stuff, so I don’t think either the stuff about day before delivery or courier is accurate. They’ve despatched consoles with emails saying delivery on 10th Dec. 

The reason I think the RM48 might just be a placeholders is the RM website says there’s a 2kg limit on RM48.  We’ll see, I guess. 

8 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Yeah, it said day before release. But a lot of the email just looks like boiler plate stuff, so I don’t think either the stuff about day before delivery or courier is accurate. They’ve despatched consoles with emails saying delivery on 10th Dec. 

The reason I think the RM48 might just be a placeholders is the RM website says there’s a 2kg limit on RM48.  We’ll see, I guess. 

Interesting about the weight limits. 

Sounds like amateur hour over at GAME (surprise) - picturing a Chris Grayling type, frantically ringing around delivery companies with a warehouse of PS5s in the background.