DISPATCHED! - The PlayStation 5 "IT'S HAPPENING!" thread

1 hour ago, pledge said:

Mine arrived. Good luck everyone else still waiting.

Did your tracking say out for delivery or just ready for delivery before you got it? Mine was supposed to be here before 12. <_< I’m wondering if it’s at the delivery office still and worth picking it up. 

I had the text yesterday saying delivery expected Tuesday 8.27-12.27. Then one this morning identical but saying today. Tracking history on the link never said out for delivery. Just received South West DC, Received London Central, Received <local> London, Delivered.

Have any of you GAME bros received the reward points in your account yet? I think it comes to about £8, but so far I've got none of the 4040 points my receipt claims I earned.

In other news, on launch day, they were apparently charging £14.99 (standard) and £19.99 (priority) shipping. Absolute thieves.

40 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Have any of you GAME bros received the reward points in your account yet? I think it comes to about £8, but so far I've got none of the 4040 points my receipt claims I earned.

In other news, on launch day, they were apparently charging £14.99 (standard) and £19.99 (priority) shipping. Absolute thieves.

For my PS5 preordered at the beginning of November using the glitch trick, it was supposed to be 24 hour shipping. I only received my PS5 on Saturday (2 days after I should have received it) but I don't have the energy to argue for my £14.99 back, particularly as my pre-order was sneaked in. But then again, if I don't complain they're just getting away with bad service. What a first world problem!

On 25/11/2020 at 15:35, HarryBizzle said:

No points here -- I did see some people on Twitter chasing them for them while I was watching for dispatch.

Very just updated my expected delivery date from 17/12 to tomorrow and have dispatched it. :o

I was actually considering cancelling it as my FOMO had pretty much gone since I ordered it on launch day and I've been enjoying D2 and Sekiro on my Series X. But whatever, fuck that, my PS5 is coming!!!! :omg:

Reading the Amazon report over at Eurogamer and the amount of stolen PS5's must be in the hundreds.

I don't understand why a retailer that big don't keep stock in reserve for customers who have experienced genuine problems. Surely the benefits of keeping those customers happy outweighs a bit of storage space (and if you've ever been to an Amazon distribution centre it's about the size of 12 football pitches so i'm sure they could find somewhere)

If i'd have preordered immediately when they went live, then waited 2 months for a driver to rob it and be offered a tenner of my next order I don't think i'd be too happy about that either. The emails they send out to customers stating a neighbour must have it when they have CCTV of it being loaded back into the car and driven off is proper cheeky.

It's no wonder people order 2 in case 1 doesn't arrive, i know i'll be doing that next time. Yes that's contributing to a stock problem but what can you do?

Personally I would allocate an initial batch to active PSN profiles though i'm sure the bots could find a way around that too

3 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Reading the Amazon report over at Eurogamer and the amount of stolen PS5's must be in the hundreds.

I don't understand why a retailer that big don't keep stock in reserve for customers who have experienced genuine problems. Surely the benefits of keeping those customers happy outweighs a bit of storage space (and if you've ever been to an Amazon distribution centre it's about the size of 12 football pitches so i'm sure they could find somewhere)

If i'd have preordered immediately when they went live, then waited 2 months for a driver to rob it and be offered a tenner of my next order I don't think i'd be too happy about that either. The emails they send out to customers stating a neighbour must have it when they have CCTV of it being loaded back into the car and driven off is proper cheeky.

It's no wonder people order 2 in case 1 doesn't arrive, i know i'll be doing that next time. Yes that's contributing to a stock problem but what can you do?

Personally I would allocate an initial batch to active PSN profiles though i'm sure the bots could find a way around that too

To be fair, I doubt that they anticipated this. It didn't seem to be a problem with the Xbox the week before.

Can you imagine the backlash if Amazon were sitting on a sizeable stock of PS5s while demand was significantly outstripping supply, ‘just in case’ ? With scalpers raping the market of what stock there actually is, people are already pissed off. 

I hear what you’re saying @Down by Law but it’s the lesser of two evils. 

I get that it won't happen, just feel bad for those that have missed out i guess.

I remember when the 360 launched at gamestation and if you had any stock on file by the end of launch day the area manager was up your arse wanting to know why, even if we had called customers who couldn't make it due to work commitments "tell them they have until tomorrow or you're selling it"

wanker (not you popo, my area manager :lol:)

21 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Maybe if Amazon paid their workers a fair wage they wouldn’t feel the urge to steal - no excuse obviously, but still. 

What is a fair wage? Stealing is stealing and if people value a quick bit of cash over potentially losing their job in the current climate they are a bit stupid IMHO. The cash will he short lived vs loss of income. 

Just now, MattyP said:

What is a fair wage? Stealing is stealing and if people value a quick bit of cash over potentially losing their job in the current climate they are a bit stupid IMHO. The cash will he short lived vs loss of income. 

Amazon know a lot about stealing, tax dodging bastards that they are. I agree with you btw, but people are fucking desperate man - and it’s the likes of Amazon that need to start treating people more fairly, both pay and conditions and giving back to society. 

You're not going to be able to pay scallies who think it's ok to nick highly in demand games consoles they can resell on Ebay for scalper prices enough to stop them from doing it. Particularly if they think there's no chance of being prosecuted (try proving they nicked it, and not someone else in the chain).

They're casual labour who can also go and get a job with Yodel, Hermes etc.

If you're not tracking and accounting for deliveries sufficiently, scallies (wherever they are in the country) will grift.

Fuck Amazon!

The 5TB WD Elements hard drive I bought for my PS4 back cat games has dropped by £40 as part of Black Friday. 

I contacted customer service to be told they wouldn't refund me the difference but I could order another drive at the cheaper price and then, when it arrives, send it back as the more expensive drive.

Why. Not. Just. Refund. The. Difference?!?!?!